Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

   
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

#PKDebate (Page 4)

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Joined: 04 March 2009
Posts: 51766

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -chamkilli-

I disagree, Aamir being a muslim does make a difference. No one is pointing fingers or bashing raju or abhijat who were the ones who wrote the script. 
Peaceful protest is fine, but making statements like PK is financed by ISI is and resorting to violence and vandalism is not. 

WTH???ShockedShocked

Now people still want to argue that if it was a Hindu actor...this ISI thing would have still come up??Ouch

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuhaangrybreadBeautyful_Mess-chamkilli-

Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz
Scorpio_Velvet
Scorpio_Velvet

Joined: 18 November 2013
Posts: 10845

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by -chamkilli-

I disagree, Aamir being a muslim does make a difference. No one is pointing fingers or bashing raju or abhijat who were the ones who wrote the script. 
Peaceful protest is fine, but making statements like PK is financed by ISI is and resorting to violence and vandalism is not. 

WTH???ShockedShocked

Now people still want to argue that if it was a Hindu actor...this ISI thing would have still come up??Ouch


Right wing leaders said the same about Haider as well. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bandwagon-er

OJ6.0 IF-Sizzlerz
OJ6.0
OJ6.0

Joined: 28 December 2012
Posts: 22320

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

I remember ...last year Shabrukh said something about not feeling secure in India...i think he was misquoted and all hell broke loose...he was told that he is a traitor and needs to go to Pakistan...the very next week Kamalhassan who was pissed over his movie facing problems said that ...India sucks and he wants to leave India...and everyone kept quiet...
So to answer ur question...yes Aamir being a muslim is one of the reasons PK is being bashed...had their been a Hritik or Ajay in it and the response would ha e been totally different...


I don't know what happened with Shahrukh but kamal Hassan was made fun of a lot for being a drama Queen .   LOL I remember a lot of people made jokes about him LOL LOL but really his movie doesn't release so He will leave the country LOL LOL

Anyway I really don't know if Aamir is being singled out cause he's muslim . I don't know why this movie is being targeted . It's a movie it's all fake Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz
Scorpio_Velvet
Scorpio_Velvet

Joined: 18 November 2013
Posts: 10845

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
Anurag Kashyap said film is becoming a soft target and I agree with him. People get offended by everything and try to gain political mileage out of it. Not sure if it has anything to do with a person's religion but rather the intolerance towards its content. 

Ram Leela title had to be changed, MNS tried to gain political mileage by making an issue out of "Bombay" term in Wake up Sid, Jodha Akbar was banned in Rajastan etc. Haider and PK this year. 


Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 29 December 2014 at 4:00pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krackjackBandwagon-er

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Joined: 04 March 2009
Posts: 51766

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Scorpio_Velvet

Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by -chamkilli-

I disagree, Aamir being a muslim does make a difference. No one is pointing fingers or bashing raju or abhijat who were the ones who wrote the script. 
Peaceful protest is fine, but making statements like PK is financed by ISI is and resorting to violence and vandalism is not. 

WTH???ShockedShocked

Now people still want to argue that if it was a Hindu actor...this ISI thing would have still come up??Ouch


Right wing leaders said the same about Haider as well. 

I haven't watched Haider yet...but isn't the movie set in Kashmir?? There u go...
Bandwagon-er Goldie
Bandwagon-er
Bandwagon-er

Joined: 25 August 2014
Posts: 1318

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
Yellow journalism at it's finest. People protested against Haider. Bigots will be against anything that doesn't match their views-the least we can do is not validate them by giving the whole thing a communal color. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krackjackScorpio_Velvet

OJ6.0 IF-Sizzlerz
OJ6.0
OJ6.0

Joined: 28 December 2012
Posts: 22320

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Scorpio_Velvet

Anurag Kashyap said film is becoming a soft target and I agree with him. People get offended by everything and try to gain political mileage out of it. Not sure if it has anything to do with a person's religion but rather the intolerance towards its content.

Ram Leela title had to be changed, MNS tried to gain political mileage by making an issue out of "Bombay" term in Wake up Sid, Jodha Akbar was banned in Rajastan etc. Haider and PK this year.




But that type of stuff happens everywhere . Look what happened to the james franco movie Interview

It's nothing but attention seeking

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Scorpio_Velvet

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Joined: 04 March 2009
Posts: 51766

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bandwagon-er

Yellow journalism at it's finest. People protested against Haider. Bigots will be against anything that doesn't match their views-the least we can do is not validate them by giving the whole thing a communal color. 

Its already a communal thing...people are less upset about why Hinduism has been targeted and more upset about why Islam and Christianity hasn't been targeted??LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dabang4lifeBandwagon-erhamzanuhaangrybreadBeautyful_Mess

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index