India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

#PKDebate (Page 2)

-chamkilli- IF-Stunnerz
-chamkilli-
-chamkilli-

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
I disagree, Aamir being a muslim does make a difference. No one is pointing fingers or bashing raju or abhijat who were the ones who wrote the script. 
Peaceful protest is fine, but making statements like PK is financed by ISI is and resorting to violence and vandalism is not. 

Edited by -chamkilli- - 29 December 2014 at 12:19pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

BlackbillgatesQueenExpressionFiery.FawkesOne-Of-A-Kindhermione82ZorZorSesunflower52_Darling_angrybreadBeautyful_MessSharif.Badmaash

hermione82 IF-Rockerz
hermione82
hermione82

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:18pm | IP Logged

Aamir being a muslim of course adds fuel to the fire. The movie has raised some valid questions about the malpractices of Hinduism but instead of Aamir if Akki, Ajay, Ranbir and etc were the leading actor then the question was not raised that why they don't point at his own religion which has lot of negativity.

The similar type of question started coming out at the time of SMJ itself

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

QueenExpressionQuixotic5ZorZorSeG..OAT-chamkilli-

G..OAT IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

houmumFiery.FawkesQueenExpressionQuixotic5hamzanuhaOne-Of-A-KindJohnny.BalrajZorZorSeHazardous_Darling_angrybreadBeautyful_MessSharif.Badmaashglace-bleueMR.KooL

AllBlacks1 IF-Sizzlerz
AllBlacks1
AllBlacks1

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
What bullshit! Forgot Jodha-Akbar controversy or Raam-leela controversy!
Who r the majority of ppl in India that have made Khans what they r today? 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pn_92Quixotic5Real.Madrid

krackjack Senior Member
krackjack
krackjack

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
Violence is definitely not okay. I agree. 

Saying Aamir being a Muslim adds fuel to the fire is different from saying that all these protests are happening just because he is a muslim. Even Raju Hirani is being heavily criticized for the movie. Its not like Aamir is being banned while Raju is not receiving any flak. 

All I'm saying is that there's absolutely no need to make it a Hindu-Muslim issue just because of few psychotic idiots who cant tolerate criticism. 

One needs to be pretty specific while holding debates like these. Making sweeping statements won't help. It's like taking the whole issue to a different level altogether, whereas the problem lies in the narrow minds of few extremists while rest of the whole country is enjoying the movie and contributing in its record breaking success. 

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Bandwagon-erFiery.FawkesQuixotic5KaanKeNicheOne-Of-A-KindZorZorSeHazardousnikitagmcStar_girlLifeOLiciousNimbuMirchi_Darling_G..OATNestleToulouse-chamkilli-KhatamKahani

AllBlacks1 IF-Sizzlerz
AllBlacks1
AllBlacks1

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Aamir's SMJ had way too many sensitive and controversial topics.. India accepted it. And its not fanstasy film where alien comes... 
And now the controversy is coz ppl first time knew Aamir is muslim??? Damn... Thats insulting India's secularism. 
AllBlacks1 IF-Sizzlerz
AllBlacks1
AllBlacks1

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

I remember ...last year Shabrukh said something about not feeling secure in India...i think he was misquoted and all hell broke loose...he was told that he is a traitor and needs to go to Pakistan...the very next week Kamalhassan who was pissed over his movie facing problems said that ...India sucks and he wants to leave India...and everyone kept quiet...
So to answer ur question...yes Aamir being a muslim is one of the reasons PK is being bashed...had their been a Hritik or Ajay in it and the response would ha e been totally different...

Hrithik and Ash was in Jodha Akbar and even then Rajput community was agianst the movie. Cant blv its coming from U BI! 
touch_of_pink IF-Sizzlerz
touch_of_pink
touch_of_pink

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NailClipper

Akki played it smart. Didn't cast a single Muslim in his OMG Oh My God. 

Despite that there still were protests against OMG at the time of its release:

http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/shiv-sena-bajrang-dal-lead-protests-oh-my-god--fails-to-hit-punjab-cities/1009489/

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/039oh-my-god039-controversy-paresh-rawal-unperturbed-by-protests-390655

Edited by touch_of_pink - 29 December 2014 at 1:37pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

krackjackBandwagon-erReal.MadridKhatamKahani

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index