Posted: 9 years ago
1. First separate it from public protest . How general public treat Amir is not relevant here when we speak about these groups. Do general public have any issue about the movie , popularity of movie reflect no.  It is by organised communal groups carried out by groups like VHP , bajrang dal etc.

If we are speaking about them then yes for them content of movie is contentious just like any other movie , so also out of the many reason one is the identity of Amir.  Just few instances how they target him .

1. A complaint will go soon to initiate action under PMLA on Aamir Khan & co for laundering terrorist finance. I hope MoF does not block it.

Do any other movie they vendalised earlier tagged as terrorist funded ? Do any other movie they target say paresh rawal etc by linking ISI etc.

2. Bajrang Dal and Vishwa Hindu Parishad activists intruded into Shree Talkies in Uttar Pradesh on Sunday evening and disrupted the screening of the film. They even advised Aamir to go to Pakistan.
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/pk-peekay-controversies-how-fans-reacted-protests-against-aamir-khan-starrer-reactions-618601
Now do anyone advising any other actor associated in movie , or  producer - director to go to pakistan . We may do hawa mai baat say nothing like this happen , but ground level reality is different.

We will get nth number of instances like this

3. Amir himself forced to give clarification as question raised on him.

While the right wing leaders lashed out at Aamir insinuating that he "insulted" Hindu religion because he was a Muslim, the actor has said, "We respect all religions. All my Hindu friends have seen the film and they have not felt the same".

"Even Raju (Hirani) is Hindu, so is Vinod (Chopra) and so is Abhijat (Joshi). In fact 99 per cent of the crew was Hindu. No one would have done such a thing," the actor said, referring to the director, producer and the scriptwriter of the film.

Now if we want to accept the reality or bury head in the sand depends on us .
Edited by Bazigar - 9 years ago
Originally posted by -enchanted-

Its funny how Indians have to prove their secularism. It doesnt matter if the audience has been loving three Khans for more than 20 years and has kept them on top in this unfickle industry, one protest against their work, and they become traumatised victims of minority religion. PK isnt the first movie to be protested against and nor will it be the last. There were protest against Bombay, Earth, Water, Fire, Jodha Akba,Oh My God,Haider, heck even Hate Story 2. And these movies had Hindu actors/directors at their helm. Even a book by Wendy Dongier on Hinduism was banned due to protests by hard liners. There have been protests against leading fashion brands for disrespectful representation of Indian Gods/Goddesses. When you dealing with a sensitive/ controversial issue like religion which effects so many people there are bound to be few ruffled feathers and you should be prepared for that. Right to protest peacefully is as democratic as right to freedom of expresdion. Just as makers have the right and liberty to pick up any subject matter, people too have the right to protest if it offends them. But the protest should be in a peaceful manner and shouldnt infringe on creative freedom of the makers. If certain sections are opposing PK its because they are not happy with subject matter, and those who are trying to give it a communal colour by bringing the religion of lead actor are no better than the hardliners protesting against the movie. Both Raju Hirani and Aamir Khan have received equal no of bouquets/brickbats irrespeective of their religion.

+1 especially the bolded bits.

It's the people. In trying to defend the movie, they are bringing in the communal card. I guess it's just convenient to bring in the angle than come out and accept "Yes movie did have some bits and pieces that may offend sentiments of certain some". Until Shobha De and few others, no one had even mentioned about Aamir or his Muslim status. Thanks to certain people and their obsession with making everything seem communal. They have done well adding the fuel to the fire 🤢
Edited by Feiry.Fawkes - 9 years ago
In my above view no where i defend the movie. i just present the views/ reflect opinion of those who are vendalising movie. what can i do if anyone prefer to bury head on sand. The reality is for those organisation its communal , who cares what other think or claiming weather they make it communal or not . 🤢😆

Edited by Bazigar - 9 years ago
What nonsense. It is those Indians who made this film a blockbuster. How do people generalize an entire religion because of a few extremists? If the case was opposite, everyone would be jumping up and down screaming not to stereotype a religion. Double standards everywhere. If Hinduism was not tolerant, they would never have loved the three Khans for decades. If anything, this controversy has helped the film's business. I clearly remember Rajput community going insane over Jodha Akbar, both the film and the movie even though both of it featured Hindu actors, so this communal binary is the stupidest thing. India is not Pakistan. -_- 
I don't even know what offended people about the movie it didn't target religion it targeted people who use religion for their own benefit, and I didn't see anything portrayed in the movie to be that far off the truth.
Endless debate 😆

1. separate religion from some self claimed political religious group

2. Separate general public from some self claimed political group

3. Seprarate India from some self claimed political communal group

bcoz india is not VHP-RSS-BD and VHP-BD is not india

Originally posted by Star_girl

What nonsense. It is those Indians who made this film a blockbuster. How do people generalize an entire religion because of a few extremists? If the case was opposite, everyone would be jumping up and down screaming not to stereotype a religion. Double standards everywhere. If Hinduism was not tolerant, they would never have loved the three Khans for decades. If anything, this controversy has helped the film's business. I clearly remember Rajput community going insane over Jodha Akbar, both the film and the movie even though both of it featured Hindu actors, so this communal binary is the stupidest thing. India is not Pakistan. -_- 

Arent you doing the same here?? The irony.
Originally posted by Arsal-AK

Arent you doing the same here?? The irony.

I have never claimed to be someone who doesn't generalize, so what's your point? I am talking about the people here who were going insane over religion and generalizing recently and doing the same thing themselves. I am biased either way and I am honest about it. Also, that apart, how many Hindu actors are in Pakistan again? Yeah, I thought so. Communal binaries don't even make sense here, especially because Indians have loved the three Khans for years now and movies like Jodha Akbar, Black Friday, OMG had some amount of controversy as well even though they involved Hindu actors. Not everything needs to be religious. It's more intense this time around because Amir Khan is obviously bigger than people like Akshay or Hrithik. 
Also, When the general statistics prove the point, it's not generalization, it's fact and I am not even talking about religion but region. Indians are and have been much more tolerant than other people even without the required education. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it, thanks. -_- 

Edited by Star_girl - 9 years ago
The issue is not over the religion of the lead actor, but over the fact that Hinduism was singled out for panning. People should get their facts correct.
Originally posted by blue-ice

Quoting salman...

Aajkal sirf doh he cheezon ke charche hain...
Aamir ki PK⭐️
Blue ice ki GK⭐️

Deal with it Putri😆

And swami ji ka khiskela hai...can be known from the kind of statements he makes...no need to know who he is or his CV...😆

BTW...PK dekhi ya aise he ladai kar rabi hai sabse?😡
yeah, your right! one shouldnt question the integrity and honesty of bollywood wh**es and pimps🤪

Pk dekhne jana tha theatre mein. then i heard amir already got finances and endorsements from his friends acress the border. So now i dont think he needs my money to make PK2
but i promise i will watch whenever i get my hands on good online print😆