Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Bazigar

First we should separate it from public protest. It is not public protest it is an organised protest of fanatic communal group sister orgnisation of RSS VHP-Bajrang dal  etc. groups. On ground level they do vendalise , destroy, intimidate people and who show this movie. 

People having sympathetic towards those organisation started it in online campaign and on lookers took part as for or against that.

Regarding targeting amir"s identity as blue ice pointed out i partially agree. Those organisation always have a target to show , It is not an issue of Hindu - muslim, these are just some self claimed political religious organisation , for u and me may be Amir's identity did not count but reality is for them it counts. There is a reason why subramaniam says its ISI funded, there is a reason when they say this movie promote love jihad etc.  So amir's identity is one of reason out of 100 , for us it might not be a reason but for them it is.

Movie are soft target as it give them publicity , media coverages so also everyone fearful from producers to hall owner , as they loose money . So every now or than some group or other claim it hurt their sentiment and resort to vendalism .

exactly.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Just checked Subramaniam Swamy's twitter account...and OMG..look at this...😲
Fmr. Union Cabinet Minister & MP, Harvard Ph.D in Economics; Professor, 

is this true...😲...such a highly educated man and making such IRRESPONSIBLE statements/accusations so openly..challenging the integrity and honesty of the PK team...SMH...
Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
If degree is criteria of a saint then all educated people were saint or we dont have any issue at all . We will just live in a utopian world by handover everything to all degree educated 😆 .

Communal elements always give statement of ambiguity, as we are still in the liberal phase they cant say it open . Their worker and supporter understand the exact meaning of statement. We may find that statement as ridiculous but there are many who will relate or agree with him. Simple when you cant counter whatever shown in the movie of con babas etc . u just discredit the whole thing. Just level it some ISI funded , pakistan etc. a large number of people still buy that narrative with a logic as they able to painted it attack on religion , as the main protagonist is Amir which people can relate blah blah 😆. I am sure many of his supporter agree with that view. Even they cant apply the simple logic says why amir will not invest his own money instead relying on others, when there is a chance of making it multiple times of investment. Thats why all  the leading heros are now producer or proxy producer themselves.

Sometime these ridiculous statements are best way to defend anything. Its character of communal elements that they always in a fight of imaginary others , than only they can mould that and sell the concept of us vs. them to their supporter .

Edited by Bazigar - 9 years ago
ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: blue-ice

Just checked Subramaniam Swamy's twitter account...and OMG..look at this...😲

Fmr. Union Cabinet Minister & MP, Harvard Ph.D in Economics; Professor, 

is this true...😲...such a highly educated man and making such IRRESPONSIBLE statements/accusations so openly..challenging the integrity and honesty of the PK team...SMH...

He  is  the  most  communal  person  and  likes  making  issues  out  of  nothing  too..He  is  right  in  certain  matters  and  certain  matters  he  just  criticize  for  sake  of  it  
ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: dabang4life

Wow who said it is financed by ISI?? I showed it to a religious friend of mine who was born and raised in Saudi.. He found the bomb blasting part offensive saying why was Muslims blamed for it..The point I am trying to make is for narrow minded people who may not be smart from both sides this movie can be offensive.. But I think it is going too extreme to say it was financed by ISI..

I would say this whole movement is probably started by those pundits and mullahs who are being questioned because of the message of this movie..

Bingo  it  is  started  by  those  ppl  itself  a  survey  said  if  we  put up  all  babas  of  India  they  will  be  around  45k  add  their  followers  now  if  they  wake  up where  will  they  go.No  wonder  Ramdev  had  a  problem  or  Subramaniam  who  is follower  of  some  baba  in  TN  had  .
Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

I never saw or heard anyone calling KH a traitor or asking him to move to Pakistan...the issue of Shahrukh became so ridiculous...that some terrorists actually offered him security...it was shame not only for Shahrukh but for all Indians...

These things do happen...like I said more for celebrities...and like i said before...It is ONE of the reasons for PK being bashed...

For us their identity does not a issue but for these communal groups it is. They can say to such things to SRK , SK etc. for some reason. The best way for assertion of claiming fighting for any religion is always target others. Celebrities are easy target as it give them enough coverage , message to target supporters etc. Imagine u did nothing but just few statement and throw few stones at their house and u will create an illusion of true representation of any religion ,  so also can create a perception of a patriotic by slamming by saying go to pakistan etc..

I have an interesting experience about how these communal outfit paint everything on the basis of identity. Till HR movie i never thought about the identity of these SK, SRK etc. Suddenly kaho na pyar hai became super hit and all these outfits cried yes at last there is HR who will wipe out these khans. People normally whoever entertain or make a good movie appreciate them and not their what is their identity weather its Amitabh or any one else. But these groups can smell religion in entertainment. Suddenly this euphoria died down when Hitrik married to Suzzy , they  care for his identity but he didnt  😆

Edited by Bazigar - 9 years ago
krackjack thumbnail
It seems I have failed to put my point across.

The topic started with this quote of Shoba Dee

TIMES NOW @timesnow 13m13 minutes ago

Had Aamir Khan not been a Muslim actor, would you have protested in the same way? Shobhaa De, Author & Columnist #PKdebate

I say, YES. The protests would have happened even then. As Bandwagoner has mentioned the reasons might have been different but the attacks might have taken place even then. Period. 

Attacking movie halls and burning posters is sadly not new. It has happened earlier for movies of Kamal Hassan, Vijay and also probably Rajini Kanth and none of them are Muslims. Reasons were different, attacks were similar.

These extremists do not need any reasons ( they have 100 lame reasons with them) and by picking/pin-pointing the Muslim actor angle and then sparking off a debate on the basis of that particular point would push the whole thing towards a communal clash which is clearly not the point here. 

If they want to have a debate, they need to specify things. That they are against Swamy's statement or against so and so statement. One can't simply generalise saying "Yes these protests are happening BECAUSE Aamir is a Muslim. " As I said earlier, it takes this issue to a different level altogether. 

All I would say to Shobaa Dee is, do not make generalized statements. Again whose statement am I taking seriously. Its Shobaa Dee after all. 

Majority of the movie included Hinduism, so it is natural for a section of people to go bonkers. Big deal. At least the movie hasn't been banned and freedom of creativity has been granted to the makers. Can't say the same about other religions and how quickly certain things get banned on the grounds of "offending religious sentiments". 
krackjack thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bazigar

For us their identity does not a issue but for these communal groups it is. They can say to such things to SRK , SK etc. for some reason. The best way for assertion of claiming fighting for any religion is always target others. Celebrities are easy target as it give them enough coverage , message to target supporters etc. Imagine u did nothing but just few statement and throw few stones at their house and u will create an illusion of true representation of any religion ,  so also can create a perception of a patriotic by slamming by saying go to pakistan etc..

I have an interesting experience about how these communal outfit paint everything on the basis of identity. Till HR movie i never thought about the identity of these SK, SRK etc. Suddenly kaho na pyar hai became super hit and all these outfits cried yes at last there is HR who will wipe out these khans. People normally whoever entertain or make a good movie appreciate them and not their what is their identity weather its Amitabh or any one else. But these groups can smell religion in entertainment. Suddenly this euphoria died down when Hitrik married to Suzzy , they  care for his identity but he didnt  😆

Nobody is taking these communalists statements seriously these days. They keep barking but people continue to shower their love on Khans and Kumars and Kapoors equally.
Idiots attack anybody and everybody without any rhyme and reason. One doesnt need to be a Muslim for it.

They attack people standing for homesexuality, they attack girls who carry mobiles, they attack people who celebrate Valentine's day, they attack Hindus, Muslims, Liberals, Capitists, Marxists, Westen countires everything and anything. 
Originally posted by: krackjack

These extremists do not need any reasons ( they have 100 lame reasons with them) and by picking/pin-pointing the Muslim actor angle and then sparking off a debate on the basis of that particular point would push the whole thing towards a communal clash which is clearly not the point here. 

If they want to have a debate, they need to specify things. That they are against Swamy's statement or against so and so statement. One can't simply generalise saying "Yes these protests are happening BECAUSE Aamir is a Muslim. " As I said earlier, it takes this issue to a different level altogether. 

All I would say to Shobaa Dee is, do not make generalized statements. Again whose statement am I taking seriously. Its Shobaa Dee after all. 

Couldn't have said it better. It's sorta sad how easy it is to bring in the communal angle and make things look worse than what they are. Don't know what do people get outta going around the never ending circle.

I have seen people protest for some of the lamest reasons. So why not these guys. They have just as much right as us. Their sentiments are hurt, let them shout. Most of the protest is because of the portrayal of Hinduism in the movie. I have yet to read anyone say anything about Aamir or his religion until now. This is how the sparks ignite.

I am a Hindu and I enjoyed the movie, though I would give the credit to the level of religious tolerance I have grown up with. I might not have an issue, but others might. No need to spin around the hurt sentiments at the portrayal of their religion in the movie to communal angle. Ridiculous.
Edited by Feiry.Fawkes - 9 years ago