India-Forums

Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

finished the book - Custody

KanChai007 Newbie
KanChai007
KanChai007

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 9:55am | IP Logged

I just finished the book Custody, and now I understand everything.

This show is taking just the base lines like cheating wife, two kids, loud grand parents, names of main characters ... Raman Ishita Roohi shagun. that's all.

Rest all is spiced up according to what the audience likes. everyone who is expecting the character of Ishita to be like the book character... its impossible. the character in the book is more realistic. the entire book is more realistic, even though its a fiction novel, its very real. Manju Kapur is fabulous. in the book, Ishita hates the son. She makes sure Roohi stays away from her brother. She is a practical selfish real person who is concerned about her child. not Fantasized like the one in the daily soap.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

RpRulsDivan.priyavishu18arshi33rupali_routSerena.VsahelilovesishrgeethikaAshu25shravani_2311SAKIVIAM

kopa7 Newbie
kopa7
kopa7

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 10:35am | IP Logged
I want to read This Book.
Plz can you give me a link to download this book.
plz it;s a requst
Juggaadd Senior Member
Juggaadd
Juggaadd

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 10:36am | IP Logged
No one wants the show Ishita to be like the Ishita from the book. We just want some humanness in her sometimes. She doesn't need to behave like an angel. We want her to be a little selfish, a little insecure. No woman can be ok with her husband's ex staying in the same house. Even if she did bring Shagun home, it would have been better to show her a liitle uncomfortable with the arrangement but she brushes it off thinking how much good it will do to Raman and Adi. That is all we ask for as viewers.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Divan.jiyaa02appuss

KanChai007 Newbie
KanChai007
KanChai007

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kopa7

I want to read This Book.
Plz can you give me a link to download this book.
plz it;s a requst

I actually ordered the book from Amazon ( not a huge fan of digital books, love the real feel) ... here is the Indian Amazon link to it ...

h ttp://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/278-4708794-7799054?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=custody

being a new  user I cant post links... so when copy pasting the above... take the space out from
 " h ttp: "

you will enjoy it. My next read is going to be another one of her books.

Edited by KanChai007 - 29 December 2014 at 10:45am
KanChai007 Newbie
KanChai007
KanChai007

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Metamorphmagus

No one wants the show Ishita to be like the Ishita from the book. We just want some humanness in her sometimes. She doesn't need to behave like an angel. We want her to be a little selfish, a little insecure. No woman can be ok with her husband's ex staying in the same house. Even if she did bring Shagun home, it would have been better to show her a liitle uncomfortable with the arrangement but she brushes it off thinking how much good it will do to Raman and Adi. That is all we ask for as viewers.

Agree with you. But so far nothing is real in the show. Like, a dentist getting mid night emergency calls... hehe. sorry. But I live in a country where dentists are private and nope.. that midnight service is not provided here even. he hardly is working  now all days... everyone has practically walked in on them romancing ...but they have never heard shagun manipulating Adi,  no one saw shagun taking that huge gift away from there..lol ... also the tablet got gifted to Adi on Christmas where as Raman got it for Ishita after chirstmas. ..haha.

So anyways, is a fantasy daily soap. Purely for entertainment. In real life ... I know someone who has not even seen her ex husbands new wife forget about living with them... and yes they have kids from their first marriage.

Your opinion is right ... but enjoy the comedy in it of having the present and past in the same house with all the Indian tadka. ;)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Divan.Juggaadd

shravani_2311 IF-Rockerz
shravani_2311
shravani_2311

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 11:00am | IP Logged
evn i want to read...
kopa7 Newbie
kopa7
kopa7

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 11:02am | IP Logged
thnx
KanChai007 Newbie
KanChai007
Juggaadd Senior Member
Juggaadd
Juggaadd

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KanChai007

Originally posted by Metamorphmagus

Agree with you. But so far nothing is real in the show. Like, a dentist getting mid night emergency calls... hehe. sorry. But I live in a country where dentists are private and nope.. that midnight service is not provided here even. he hardly is working  now all days... everyone has practically walked in on them romancing ...but they have never heard shagun manipulating Adi,  no one saw shagun taking that huge gift away from there..lol ... also the tablet got gifted to Adi on Christmas where as Raman got it for Ishita after chirstmas. ..haha.

So anyways, is a fantasy daily soap. Purely for entertainment. In real life ... I know someone who has not even seen her ex husbands new wife forget about living with them... and yes they have kids from their first marriage.

Your opinion is right ... but enjoy the comedy in it of having the present and past in the same house with all the Indian tadka. ;)

I agree with you on the dentist part. I don't think we have that in India. I have no idea about other countries.
Yes, this is fiction but it gained popularity because of the realistic feel it gave which is kind of there even now. The dialogues are in normal language. It does not have people speaking in convoluted metaphors. The comfort Ishita shares with her husband and family and even the entire cast is amazing. It is used to be great a while ago. Though the plots were complicated, the way it was handled blew your mind away. Shagun coming back was something we knew from the starting of the show. It is not news. Adi's bed wetting and other issues are also great. The problem is they aren't being explored properly. Adi's character is actually a well written one. Sadly, you don't get to see anything. Like they could really take time to explain why he behaves the way he does. 
He was always shown to be a rude kid. Why is his let to behave as he pleases?

Edited by Metamorphmagus - 29 December 2014 at 11:10am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KanChai007

Go to top