Pinkvilla's Annual Fashion Round up : Top 14 Saree Moments of 2014

Blackbillgates thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

1. The 'East Meets West' Saree

Lets starts strong with Sonam Kapoor, who is never short on having epic fashion moments. Giving me my favorite Cannes look of hers yet, she stopped traffic in this fusion Anamika Khanna saree. The draped hem, the sheer caplet with the little show of skin, the stunning choker by mom Sunita, the matching Jimmy Choos, the slick hair... this is what fashion heaven is made of.

2. The 'Super Traditional' Saree

I love when our actresses go tradish. So this look by Vidya was an instant fav. I've always loved her in her sarees. And what better occasion to rock on than when you are meeting the President to receive your Padma Shri Award. I love the whole traditional weave saree with the gold jewellery, the big bun with the gajra and the sindoor.

3. The 'Minimalist' Saree

Shraddha Kapoor had a real fashion moment this year (atleast for me) when she showed up to a blingy Bollywood wedding reception wearing a Shivan and Narresh resortwear saree. She let the color block saree do the work while giving the accessories a royal ignore. Minimalism at its best!

4. The 'When Priyanka wore A Sabyasachi Saree' Saree

The year 2014 saw Priyanka Chopra don a Sabyasachi saree for the very first time. And did we love it and how! The black and gold saree with the gold jewellery, the bun and the little bindi looked divine on her. Can we have her wear more of Sabya please?

5. The 'When Kareena wore A Sabyasachi Saree' Saree

Kareena Kapoor also wore a Sabyasachi saree this year. She wore a gorgeous nude Sabya saree that had bold red embroidery on the pallu. The red pout, the matching clutch, the simple hair... perfect look for an event where you are meeting the Prime Minister. Would love to see her rock some more Sabya.

6. The 'Shredded' Saree

Sonam Kapoor is one actress you can count on to constantly give us great looks. Remember the shredded Rimzim Dadu saree that she wore earlier this year for a painting exhibition? Love Love! Some more love!

7. The 'When Supermodel Naomi Campbell wore a Saree' Saree

Supermodel Naomi Campbell also had a saree moment this year when she decided to drape herself in a black Manav Gangwani lace saree while she attended an event for bag designer Charlotte Olympia. I may not be the biggest fan of how she draped it, but she sure is rocking it.

8. The 'Half' Saree

I love how our designers are interpreting the sarees and giving them their own twist. So this half saree with the sheer panel by Nikhil Thampi was an instant love for me on the runway. And who better than the gorg Kalki Koechlin to do full justice to it. She looked fab!

9. The 'Best Sabyasachi saree of the year' Saree

Oh Deepika! Could you look any more gorgeous? The Sabyasachi couture saree that she wore to 'Happy New Year' music launch was probably my favorite Sabya look of the year. The delicate saree with the super embroidered blouse and the printed underskirt... she wore it with such elegance like only she could.

10. The 'Leopard' Saree

Anyone who can rock a leopard print saree with such elegance and grace deserves to be on this list. Enough said!

11. The 'Gold Armor Blouse' Saree

Kareena Kapoor had another major saree moment this year when she wore a Anand Kabra to an event. Fashion is war and Bebo sure is winning in this gold armor inspired embellished blouse. The blouse teamed with the simple asymmetrical hem draped saree sure made for an interesting look.

12. The 'Pattern on Pattern' saree

I love me a clash of prints/patterns. And Anushka Sharma served me up a super look in this Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla saree. Loved this chevron beaded saree with the patterned blouse and the dark lip. Not everyone can pull this off like she did.

13. The 'Caplet' Saree

Samantha Prabhu is another actress who is very consistent with her style. She had some super looks this year. But I loved this saree moment from her. The simple blue saree from Koecsh by Kresha Bajaj looked stunning on her. The beaded caplet was everything!

14. The 'Dhoti' Saree

Oh look! Its Sonam again! Like you can blame me. Her style is so on point. Giving us another major style moment was Ms. Kapoor in a dhoti draped hem Tarun Tahiliani saree that she superbly styled with a neckpiece and single strap heels.

So here are my 14 Best Saree moments of 2014. DO you think I missed out on someone who deserved to be on the list? Let us know by leaving a comment below.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
except 1st n may be last, everything is horribly horrible 
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Leopard saree should be saved for my cousin who loves her leopard prints!
shrikrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sonam is only saving grace here.Loved her sarees, everyone else seems bad
bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Sarees are such an elegant attire. Loved every Saree!!
Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I liked the 1st pic of SK and Neha's saree pic. 
-AppleOfMaEye- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

1. The 'East Meets West' Saree

9. The 'Best Sabyasachi saree of the year' Saree

beside these 2 every piece was horrible,..
n dpad looks gorgeous here,..❤️
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
through man's eye,
5,6,7,8--- not good, last n 2nd last too

others are really nice.. loved all of them...
specially, sonam 1st one, bebo 2nd one, peecee look stunning😳
Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 9 years ago
PhitteMuhTera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Only Sonam looks good in the first and last pictures.
Blackbillgates thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhanSinghTomar

through man's eye,
5,6,7,8--- not good, last n 2nd last too

others are really nice.. loved all of them...
specially, sonam 1st one, bebo 2nd one, peecee look stunning😳

Instead of writing this 'mans eye' You can just write 'IMO'

We know that you are a man,a medical scientist who loves Ranveer 😊