India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

When will we ask a man to be accountable for his action

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
I was waiting for some episodes to ask this question. The question that has enraged me as a girl from childhood, the question that enrages me even now as a woman.
When will a man be held accountable for his action. We as a society always love to put blame on the woman.
And as mother's wives, daughter's sister's we just love to override the fault of the men in our life telling oh he didn't intend it, he has asked sorry now leave it, he will not repeat it etc etc.

Here Bhabo getting shot was Sooraj's mistake not Sandhya's. But when Sandhya politely told him she has done her duty as a bahu only then she did try to do her duty as a police officer what answer the poor girl get.
That she didn't treat Bhabo as her mother. If Bhabo really thinks Sandhya is right she should give a slap to her son and tell him straight in the face he was wrong. She did her duty and it was his fault running behind her.

But no Bhabo wont tell. You know her son is so much disturbed. She will cry crocodile tears of sympathy to her beendini and will expect her beendini to forgive her son. He didn't do it on purpose beendini. Come back home.

Mother should be the first point who should teach accountability to her son. If he took action, make him accountable for it. If it is wrong tell him its wrong. If the DIL is right, support her openly even if that means going against son.

CVs expect me to approve Bhabo as Mahan. Sorry I cant. Unless she stands up for Sandhya now boldly all her tears are to me crocodile tears only. Her selfishness to run her parivaar which she knows cannot run without Sandhya. The control which she needs , which she will never have if Sandhya is not in the house. Meena and Emily are not going to be her door mats, only Sandhya can be her door mat.

So if they are ending this track with some half baked theory of Sooraj did this because of x,y, z reasons and Sandhya should forgive sorry to say I am not for it. CVs have to show accountability for Sooraj, he has to own and repent that mistake like anything before Sandhya comes back to him.

Nayi Soch of CVs will go for a toss if they don't show it. Because already movies and even telly serials have shown mother's making their son's accountable and DABH who tells they are creating inspiration cannot do it means they don't propogate Nayi soch at all. They are just giving Purani Soch in new bottle.

Will also list the examples where I have seen MIL supporting DIL

Kabhi Alvidha naa Kehna- Crap movie to the core. But the one thing I liked about it was when Preity slaps SRK for extra marital affair SRKs mother Kiron Kher stands by her DIL and decides to go with her leaving her son. She makes her son feel what he did to her DIL was wrong

Very recent EK Hasina Thi- Durga agrees to keep KC vrath on Suchitra's request. Her husband Dev tells her that he wont come to break the vrath. The way Suchitra rebukes her son telling he has no right to insult Durga as it was his decision to marry her. Suchitra brings her son home to break Durga's fast making him accountable for what he has done. She ensures her DIL is not insulted in front of society for respecting and obeying her.

Bhabo has to do half of it. She was running AD on small small mistakes of Sandhya. Let me see if she can run AD pointing out her son's mistake.

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

houmumjane_austenaquariun2000sunshine73geek2nurulainjs1234Venus12feministb2011virgo24Chiraiyya...minalpink100Picasso9KimkudospyaaribehnaDeebz.Harini.malikakasMJV2arshi_karish.Ami..NJ.moilaali..BeyondHorizon

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Shruthi from recent promos this is what I can muster:
1)Bhabo is going to play supporting role and let Surya handle it.
2)The plot seems totally Surya centric with both Suraj and Sandy adamant ,this time Sandy hitting back and there is clash and nok-jhoks which is kind of leading to their re-union.
3)If seen carefully the reason why Sandy is angry with Suraj is coz he mentioned that she would not have done what she did if bhabo was her real mother.Was Sandy as mentioned in her own words Bhabo is more than her own mother.
4)The issue here is who loves Bhabo more ,Sandy wants to prove that she loves Bhabo equally or more than Suraj.Looks like CV's are going this route.
5)Remember Sandy in her conversation with Bhabo has accepted all the allegations that she put duty over family meaning she is proving Babasa was right and she is wrong (this is where CV's have changed the plot).
6)The main theme of the track that Sandy duty is overshadowing her responsibility to her family as Babasa blamed her seems to have lost out.
7)The only hope of the main theme track is Suraj who keeps saying he does not want Sandy to loose her job and its her identity to Ankur.
8)If CV's are going for who loves Bhabo route at-least they need to show that this time RP members are made to understand Sandy's role and it all needs to be shown Sandy explaining it as it is her responsibilities in her duties and these guys cant take her duty for granted.
8)Suraj is a enigma right now.While re-union I am hoping there is a reason for his behavior.But I would like Sandy to ask this one q to him for his suicidal sacrifice "if there was some issue in Suraj's shop due to Sandy and she decides that for that he is better off without him and leaves can he take the separation".I hope CV's address this suicidal sacrifice not to repeat again.

In the end Surya is the reason for TRP's so as long as TRP is in the game you can except the filmy re-union rather than logical one and hope some of our concerns are addressed.If not go with the flow,less headache. Ultimately we see the show to refresh our mind and not have headache.Cheers.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sunshine73b2011arshi_karishMJV2shruthiravi.NJ.

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:21am | IP Logged
@jai I as a person don't watch TV shows. Reason they are beyond my intellectual capability and for entertainment I had always found better options in music, movies, travel shows etc etc..

DABH was different is the reason I watched it. I do not have any problems whatever CVs show as I don't watch DABH regularly now.

As I have put in earlier also. I am not the TRP audience and my tastes are not important to any serial maker. Whatever TRP audience wants they will give it.

I still come here just to point my opinions because if someone is reading this, I want them to think, even if my post can make a difference to one girl's life standing up for her self respect than being a door mat I will be happy.

And I had expected most of this in DABH by Apr- May itself and was waiting for epi to ask analytical questions to the readers here.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

jane_austenVenus12feministnurulainb2011Picasso9Jaishankararshi_karish.NJ.

.NJ. IF-Sizzlerz
.NJ.
.NJ.

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:28am | IP Logged
well said shruthi...

bang on reply Jaishankar...

shruthi, if you are talking about DABH, I cant say much till suraj's real intention is revealed properly...but i always dislike too much of sacrificial business if it brings too much sorrows to you and the people you love...

Im sorry I couldnt add much to your post...I believe this plot has nothing to do with man being made accountable for what they did...this is just glorifying business of women and "womenhood"...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

feministb2011LVDTJaishankararshi_karishMJV2shruthiravimoilaali..

Venus12 Senior Member
Venus12
Venus12

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Very good topic shruthiraviThumbs Up and well written! Totally agree with every point you've noted.. Hope they project on this topic instead of showing us the same cycle of torture, and then reconciliation.. then again torture and so on... 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nurulainb2011arshi_karish

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruthiravi

@jai I as a person don't watch TV shows. Reason they are beyond my intellectual capability and for entertainment I had always found better options in music, movies, travel shows etc etc..

DABH was different is the reason I watched it. I do not have any problems whatever CVs show as I don't watch DABH regularly now.

As I have put in earlier also. I am not the TRP audience and my tastes are not important to any serial maker. Whatever TRP audience wants they will give it.

I still come here just to point my opinions because if someone is reading this, I want them to think, even if my post can make a difference to one girl's life standing up for her self respect than being a door mat I will be happy.

And I had expected most of this in DABH by Apr- May itself and was waiting for epi to ask analytical questions to the readers here.

Hi Shruthi ,I appreciate the face that you want to convey your opinions to folks in general which is note-worthy.Enjoyed and have always enjoyed reading your posts/views.
When coming DABH or any TV show no matter how different they might be all of them rely on one thing i,e TRP and that is the language for the CV's/producers/directors etc.
So as a friend my suggestion from watching TV Soaps no matter how different they might be  - yeah I have watched few of them and I am still sane  LOLis dont expect anything and go with the flow,less headache that way.
As far as DABH is concerned keep posting your views/opinions (have always enjoyed them)  and enjoy the ride!!!
For your main post I would say good thought provoking post but knowing our CV's we will never know when our CV's might take a character U-turn and next might be Sandy on the list as well.

Edited by Jaishankar - 29 December 2014 at 12:51am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011shruthiravi

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by niruba

well said shruthi...

shruthi, if you are talking about DABH, I cant say much till suraj's real intention is revealed properly...but i always dislike too much of sacrificial business if it brings too much sorrows to you and the people you love...

Im sorry I couldnt add much to your post...I believe this plot has nothing to do with man being made accountable for what they did...this is just glorifying business of women and "womenhood"...

Thanks Niruba. I am hopeful that Suraj's reasoning is shown no matter how filmy they decide it to be.
In the end of this track Sandy will get her due credit as expected.I wonder when will they show Suraj doing anything with his business having won the world's best cook he has gone no where,wonder if Suraj will ever expand his business at-least my hope is they show he is bought/opened another shop even if they skip how he did just like how Ankur all of a sudden came back and put his hand on Sandy's shoulder LOL  

b2011.NJ.VasusenaRadheya

.NJ. IF-Sizzlerz
.NJ.
.NJ.

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jaishankar

Originally posted by niruba

well said shruthi...

Thanks Niruba. I am hopeful that Suraj's reasoning is shown no matter how filmy they decide it to be.
In the end of this track Sandy will get her due credit as expected.I wonder when will they show Suraj doing anything with his business having won the world's best cook he has gone no where,wonder if Suraj will ever expand his business at-least my hope is they show he is bought/opened another shop even if they skip how he did just like how Ankur all of a sudden came back and put his hand on Sandy's shoulder LOL  

yes the reasoning for suraj's behaviour should be there...I got the hope back when he rejected the idea of Sandy resigning...

the only difference between DABH and other shows is here the ML sacrifices as much as the FL LOL

and regarding expanding business, I dont think they will show it without Sandy playing a big part in it...

Edited by niruba - 29 December 2014 at 12:56am

b2011Jaishankarshruthiravi

Go to top