Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Priyanka Chopra: I'll do Don 3 if its offered to me (Page 3)

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qazplm

Uptil mid-2013, I really think Shahrukh tried his best not to have a repeat of the Aishwarya Rai situation with Priyanka. That's why despite the rumors, you saw him behave normally around her, still interact with her during events (even making jokes about it during award skits), attend Greenathons being hosted by her, clarify questions on Twitter, etc...basically attempt to keep the friendship as it was.

But then two things happened.

One, I think he realized the rumors were not going away. But more than that, he has mentioned in two interviews (not directly in context with this) about how his children are growing up now and tend to read stuff, which completely distresses him. In another interview, he talked about how Gauri is less affected than him and has to often tell him to take everything with a pinch of salt and stop worrying about what's written for the kids to read.

Second, this is how Priyanka's situation probably turned into the Aishwarya one for him since last year. Watch from 11:30 - 12:30. (he's mentioned this quite a few times throughout his career)

So now, although he's not going to avoid her, he's definitely gotten awkward with her. (although a difference from the Ash situation is that Priyanka is not angry with him or anything)

But despite all this, I think he knows that its wrong of him to treat her in such a way because of a rumor. That's why there will not be a single interview where if he mentions all his recent actresses, he won't leave her out. He still praises her with Deepika, Anushka, like he used to. A few months ago, he came on the Girl Child Show' that Priyanka was hosting and spoke to her. A lot of events and parties which were attended by both of them.

Although coming to working with her, he's definitely going to avoid it until the awkwardness (from his side) doesn't go away. In an interview during HNY times, he said that he won't be able to work in a movie with her since things have gotten so awkward. Exactly what happened with Aishwarya, even after all the apology and forgiving had happened.

But I definitely don't think he's going to ask her to be replaced (which happened with Ash) He's either going to wait it out, or simply just start being friends again.

Really? At the same time? Very very very few of those in the last 1.5 years, if any. If they were at the same event or party, they came after the other one left or before the other one came. If not that, he made sure Gauri was there to avoid any more rumors.  

I don't really think it's the same thing as with Aish. With Aish he was plain awkward and sorry after a while with how he handled things, with PC he's avoiding her. I think he realized he let the rumor get way out of hand and he's been doing his best to do 'damage control' since then. On the other hand, PC does her best to bring it back into circulation when she needs something. 

Edited by chocolover89 - 29 December 2014 at 1:20pm

qazplm IF-Sizzlerz
qazplm
qazplm

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Uptil mid-2013, I really think Shahrukh tried his best not to have a repeat of the Aishwarya Rai situation with Priyanka. That's why despite the rumors, you saw him behave normally around her, still interact with her during events (even making jokes about it during award skits), attend Greenathons being hosted by her, clarify questions on Twitter, etc...basically attempt to keep the friendship as it was.

But then two things happened.

One, I think he realized the rumors were not going away. But more than that, he has mentioned in two interviews (not directly in context with this) about how his children are growing up now and tend to read stuff, which completely distresses him. In another interview, he talked about how Gauri is less affected than him and has to often tell him to take everything with a pinch of salt and stop worrying about what's written for the kids to read.

Second, this is how Priyanka's situation probably turned into the Aishwarya one for him since last year. Watch from 11:30 - 12:30. (he's mentioned this quite a few times throughout his career)

So now, although he's not going to avoid her, he's definitely gotten awkward with her. (although a difference from the Ash situation is that Priyanka is not angry with him or anything)

But despite all this, I think he knows that its wrong of him to treat her in such a way because of a rumor. That's why there will not be a single interview where if he mentions all his recent actresses, he won't leave her out. He still praises her with Deepika, Anushka, like he used to. A few months ago, he came on the Girl Child Show' that Priyanka was hosting and spoke to her. A lot of events and parties which were attended by both of them.

Although coming to working with her, he's definitely going to avoid it until the awkwardness (from his side) doesn't go away. In an interview during HNY times, he said that he won't be able to work in a movie with her since things have gotten so awkward. Exactly what happened with Aishwarya, even after all the apology and forgiving had happened.

But I definitely don't think he's going to ask her to be replaced (which happened with Ash) He's either going to wait it out, or simply just start being friends again.

Really? At the same time? Very very very few of those in the last 1.5 years, if any. If they were at the same event or party, they came after the other one left or before the other one came. If not that, he made sure Gauri was there to avoid any more rumors.  

I don't really think it's the same thing as with Aish. With Aish he was plain awkward and sorry after a while with how he handled things, with PC he's avoiding her. I think he realized he let the rumor get way out of hand and he's been doing his best to do 'damage control' since then. On the other hand, PC does her best to bring it back into circulation when she needs something. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure that they have been present at a lot of the same events. Honestly I don't keep track of anyone else's attendance except if it's SRK. I only know this since members have discussed it on SRK forums. But on the top of my mind, this year's Color's Party, last year's Zee Cine Awards, Hello Awards. 

It's like the media forever questioning if SRK attended events that Salman was not attending. But that never happened. Plus like someone pointed out, did anyone wonder if they attended the same events before the fight happened. Just because it's being scrutinized now doesn't mean things have been any different.

No from what I have followed of SRK, it's completely the same situation that happened with Ash.
It could also be compared to what happened with Preity after Dil Se. He has admitted quite a few times that he gave up a couple of movies, ads, shows just to avoid being in  any professional space with her. It was only after he got over the awkwardness that he was able to finally work with her. 

He has gotten extremely awkward with Priyanka and that's why he's keeping his distance. But if he sees her somewhere, he will probably be corteous and normal. Like you mentioned the IGT event, he was announced as the main host a couple of months ago. All the other stars came on board much later. If he was trying to avoid Priyanka, he would have asked them to not sign her on. But he's in a situation where even though he's awkward with her, he's trying to keep it professionally polite.

But yes, I have to agree with Priyanka attempting to use the rumor for whatever reasons. It's too obvious now. She really needs to stop. It would be better if SRK realizes this and then has an actual legit reason to avoid her.

Edited by qazplm - 29 December 2014 at 1:53pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beautyful_Mess

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 2:20pm | IP Logged

Yes, I'm pretty sure that they have been present at a lot of the same events. Honestly I don't keep track of anyone else's attendance except if it's SRK. I only know this since members have discussed it on SRK forums. But on the top of my mind, this year's Color's Party, last year's Zee Cine Awards, Hello Awards. 

It's like the media forever questioning if SRK attended events that Salman was not attending. But that never happened. Plus like someone pointed out, did anyone wonder if they attended the same events before the fight happened. Just because it's being scrutinized now doesn't mean things have been any different.

No from what I have followed of SRK, it's completely the same situation that happened with Ash.
It could also be compared to what happened with Preity after Dil Se. He has admitted quite a few times that he gave up a couple of movies, ads, shows just to avoid being in  any professional space with her. It was only after he got over the awkwardness that he was able to finally work with her. 

He has gotten extremely awkward with Priyanka and that's why he's keeping his distance. But if he sees her somewhere, he will probably be corteous and normal. Like you mentioned the IGT event, he was announced as the main host a couple of months ago. All the other stars came on board much later. If he was trying to avoid Priyanka, he would have asked them to not sign her on. But he's in a situation where even though he's awkward with her, he's trying to keep it professionally polite.

But yes, I have to agree with Priyanka attempting to use the rumor for whatever reasons. It's too obvious now. She really needs to stop. It would be better if SRK realizes this and then has an actual legit reason to avoid her.

Actually I only look at who came to what event to see what they wear. LOL But, I have noticed that since AbRam's birth, SRK has made an extra effort to not be seen at the same parties/events PC is at. There was something for Dilip Kumar a while back. He missed it. PC was present. I remember this b/c I was surprised SRK would miss something for DK despite being present in the city. There's been a few others like Arpita's wedding ...they attended different functions I believe. At first I used to think it was a coincidence but it became a little more apparent to me as time went by. There will be very few instances that they are at the same events at the same time in the last one year. Unfortunately the way SRK let the rumor play out in the media and even fanned it, people will always end up scrutinizing.

I understand your point about the awkwardness but I will have to agree to disagree :) 
About IGT event, from what I understand about SRK he is not the type to get people replaced (unless the person who can do the replacing is a really good friend that he wouldn't mind saying this too), he prefers to leave himself. In case of IGT, there was probably a contract signed already and he couldn't back out...so instead he made sure he hosted with Varun, when the promos said it would be PC. 

As for PC, she has IMHO  used it when she needs to be in news. It's just obvious more now because he is avoiding her. I used to wonder why he doesn't tell her to stop. Now I know why. He took a leaf out of Ranbir's book. When you keep talking about a piece of unresponsive wood...people will eventually think the one doing the talking is crazy. I'm sure SRK realizes what she's doing. He's not dumb. 
Hakuna-Matataa IF-Rockerz
Hakuna-Matataa
Hakuna-Matataa

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
@qazplm - what happened betn srk n preity? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

QueenExpression

QueenExpression Goldie
QueenExpression
QueenExpression

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
^ I have the same question. Never knew Srk and Preity had a problem. 
anonymous39 IF-Dazzler
anonymous39
anonymous39

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
Preity told a magazine or a journalist that SRK was a flirt.  SRK got offended and started avoiding her. He even rejected Mission Kashmir because Preity was in it. 

SRK is not dumb usually but I think he's been pretty dumb about Priyanka in the past.  She was taking out articles against Gauri through her PR calling her insecure and all sorts of stuff.  Even then, SRK was talking to Priyanka on twitter and telling media what great friends they are. 

Maybe he just wanted to keep things normal instead of creating a fuss in public. Who knows? But I suspect he genuinely enjoyed all the attention Priyanka gave him.  The way she would blush and giggle, always choose him as the No.1 star, and bloat up his ego.  It was around the time Salman and Aamir started doing really well and SRK was slipping.

Personally I don't think Preity was wrong. SRK is a flirt - I don't think he really means it but he knows the audience enjoys it.  Like all his stupid antics like singing "marry me" to Priyanka at some function. He was always like that with everyone, overly touchy feely, kissing and hugging, making dirty jokes, etc.

At this age, he needs to stop. It doesn't look good.  If there's one good thing about the Priyanka rumors, it's that SRK doesn't seem to act like that with anyone anymore. I think he learned his lesson.  

Edited by anonymous39 - 29 December 2014 at 4:08pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

QueenExpressionnoor321Hakuna-MatataaStar_girlgilmoresTheRager

fivestars IF-Sizzlerz
fivestars
fivestars

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
So Eventually srk has problem with all the heroines he had worked with?? What had priety done to him ???its confirmed why he has no friends in the industry...egoistic
anonymous39 IF-Dazzler
anonymous39
anonymous39

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
^Nobody has friends in the industry.  They all pretend or they get along while they're making a movie together and promoting it.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

QueenExpressionnoor321Hakuna-MatataaangrybreadStar_girlBeautyful_MessgilmoresTheRager

Go to top