India-Forums

Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar
Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar

Aarav - right or wong?

Navjia Senior Member
Navjia
Navjia

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
I really like this show but at times it's just so contradicting. Ragini wants her kids to like the simplicity of life and learn to be happy with what they have, still she's spending way too much money on nishi's wedding so that she doesn't have to listen to any taunts by her in laws.. This doesn't go well with her character at all! She is supposedly a woman who holds her head up high, she's educated enough not to believe or say such things. 

Plus I think it's kind of weird to show that she works in one of the best hospitals of Mumbai and still doesn't earn enough to be financially stable (and she's the head of her department I think). She really shouldn't be having any financial problem in my opinion. Well let's just say doctors don't earn much in India.. So how clever is it of her to sell her house? And this is where I kind of agree with aarav, his way of saying it was wrong but he was bang on. If you can't afford a grand wedding for your daughter, you don't plan a grand wedding, that's it. These are things that have to be cleared with her in-laws first, any sane person would do that. Aarav very rightly said that people need ages buy a property in Mumbai and she's selling it off just for one function? There's a saying in Hindi for this "chaadar dekh kar paao bichaana". Ragini should really think about this and he basically right, just for the sake of one kids happiness she's sacrificing the other kid. 

And the main point in this is, they have financial issues already so star selling her house she'll just add up one more expense in her list. How does she plan to live? Her plan doesn't sound very well thought or mature. So I kind of agree with aarav, she definitely shouldn't sell the house, where will she pay the rent from?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kojagoryfansrk_kadzSiddhi_S0nalii.giggles.lostmymusic.

angelpureness IF-Dazzler
angelpureness
angelpureness

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Absolutely spot on. I too agree with Arav. Financial security or should I say a roof over your head vs a marriage ceremony... The home wins hands down.
Makes no sense that the hospital that can hire renowned surgeons from across the globe has a very poor pay package for the head of admin.

I understand that the idea is most probably to have agini move into a man's home... That could have been achieved by flooding her home and contractors that come to repair the the damage require several days.

On a side note... Since selling and remortgaging homes for marriage is a common practise in India... Common but wrong... It would have been nice not to advocate it in the serial... 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Navjiakojagoryfan

kavmuks IF-Dazzler
kavmuks
kavmuks

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 2:23am | IP Logged
In initial episodes the have shows Ragani wearing some saris that will cost not less than 15K.. her house is ell decorated and does not look as if she will have FD of only 45 K? These Show makes have no idea how much Indian middle class can save from their limited income. 
Aarav thought was selfish and that is how he will be in the show.. unfortunately both Ragini's kids are thankless.  

NavjiaRoxyC

Navjia Senior Member
Navjia
Navjia

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelpureness

Absolutely spot on. I too agree with Arav. Financial security or should I say a roof over your head vs a marriage ceremony... The home wins hands down.
Makes no sense that the hospital that can hire renowned surgeons from across the globe has a very poor pay package for the head of admin.

I understand that the idea is most probably to have agini move into a man's home... That could have been achieved by flooding her home and contractors that come to repair the the damage require several days.

On a side note... Since selling and remortgaging homes for marriage is a common practise in India... Common but wrong... It would have been nice not to advocate it in the serial... 

One wouldn't expect this from an educated person like ragini. She is doing parenting wrong. Expensive gifts or grand weddings won't make nishi's wedding successful, instead she should teach her to hold her head up high like she herself claims to do.

kojagoryfanangelpureness

Navjia Senior Member
Navjia
Navjia

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kavmuks

In initial episodes the have shows Ragani wearing some saris that will cost not less than 15K.. her house is ell decorated and does not look as if she will have FD of only 45 K? These Show makes have no idea how much Indian middle class can save from their limited income. 
Aarav thought was selfish and that is how he will be in the show.. unfortunately both Ragini's kids are thankless.  

Yea, logic totally gone wrong. And I agree aarav was selfish, but he said things that hold meaning. She can't afford a birthday party for her son but plans to sell the house and pay rent, how can she finance this?

kojagoryfan.giggles.

.giggles. IF-Sizzlerz
.giggles.
.giggles.

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
I agree with Aarav. In real life one gotta think about those things.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top