ArHi SS#2: One Winter. Link for Th 3 on Pg 1 COMPLETED - Page 15

Posted: 9 years ago
Great update! Akash is acting like the typical older brother. His reaction to Arnav was not surprising. Although I'm wondering why Arnav said all that. It's obvious he cares for khushi. Payal knows that something isn't right.
Arnav should have been more calm?? waiting to see what happens..
After the intense earlier chapter, I was thankful for this sobered down version. It had good content and also set the stage for introducing our new love birds on the block - Payal and Akash πŸ˜‰

Khushi turned out to be the only sensible and mature one amongst the four 18 year olds.  Should I accept that?  Or could she be doing to protect Arnav from Akash's fury?  Was Khushi awaiting Arnav's phone call to get answers for "un sabh baaton ka kya matlab hai"?  Mein kya matlab nikalun Khushi ki bartaav ka?

Manorama landed a perfect opportunity to estrange Khushi from the lives of the Raizada's.  What better time than now to put her plans into action after being privy to the conversation between the trio - Akash, Payal and Khushi? But why is Manorama so spiteful towards Khushi?  Is this because of Khushi's socal stature of being an orphan?  Has she put her devious plans into action by blackmailing Arnav? Hai Devi Maiyya! Ye Bacchon ne kya jhanjhat khada kar diye hai..

And Arnav - why that rudeness towards Akash and Payal? Is he upset that Akash mistrusted him? But again would Arnav accept his Mami's proposal knowing her so well?

Oh god! so many questions and a long wait before the next update...I'm happy for this holdiay season, as my mind will be diverted...not sure how much I can control not thinking 'bout the various possibilities of where you're leading us with this story.

The only saving grace in this entire chapter, was the presence of Akash and Payal.  Both extremely supportive towards Khushi.  Credit goes to Payal, who was also patient towards Arnav despite this insolent behavior which was intolerable by Akash.  She sure will be a perfect match to Akash, acting as a dam to his impulsive flow.

Wishing you fun times during your vacation! Dher sara photo kheenchana...Kaam aayenge agle Arshi SS or FF mein...Googleji ko bye bye bhol sakthe hai tab..

Have a blessed new year!

good part...
Edited by Isa_de - 9 years ago
First of all - Congrats on 'One Winter' becoming the FF in spotlight. 
Okay I might be the only one who is really happy that you are going on a vacation and won't update till maybe Jan 6th. The reason is this - I always read my favourite authors works more than once before I comment and that is what I intended to do to 'One Winter' too but damn the Asli Duniya kicked in and it became very hectic for me to even go back and read the chapters aaram se. All I felt was that I was rushing through the story and I couldn't read properly from chapter 3 *I know too many chapters have gone by and I didn't comment, hangs head in shame*. So now that I have vacation and surprisingly you are not going to update for another week, I can catch up with everything till now and comment on each and every chapter and be ready for more when you are back. So here goes nothing. 

I am commenting on chapter wise so that all my comments are in one place. 

Chapter - 3 :-

I loved the way you have set up the meeting between Akash and Khushi. The way their relationship has been described sets the tone for the remaining chapters. Akash is not just Khushi's bhai in name but he is a brother in every literal meaning of the word. I loved the way Manorama still yearns to know about Anjali but she can't just ask Khushi directly about her. Manorama has been hurt by the way Anjali eloped and married and it will take time for her to come around. 

Akash and Khushi's conversation was really good. Khushi did tell Akash the major part of Arnav's changing interest in her but she didn't say the whole truth. Wish she did say the whole truth then things would have been easy for them later on but I guess right now Khushi is confused between her feelings for Arnav and her hatred which she had since her childhood till this point. Arnav definitely is head over heels in Khushi and he has started to stake his claim on her - his authority on what dress Khushi should wear, What she should do and say - He sure is letting Khushi know in his own way that he has started to fall for Khushi and maybe in love with her. But he chasing Khushi when he still was in relationship with Sheetal for whatever reason it might be is cheating and I guess that is the one big blunder Arnav is going to make and pay dearly for it. 

It was cute the way Akash asked Khushi to turn around when she was about to go off and imagined her as his sister-in-law. Hmm Somewhere I think he does want Khushi to be with Arnav. 

Chapter 4:- 

This chapter actually sets the tone for the relationship changes in Arnav, Khushi and Aman. It was plain to see that Aman was interested in Khushi but Khushi just choose to ignore it and took it as harmless flirting when the guy was obviously feeling much more than that. Urgh - wrong move Khushi. That was in lay man terms simply leading Aman on. And Arnav tried to tell Khushi to not give Aman wrong signals but I guess she is kind of confused with his behaviour - On one hand Arnav has been dating Sheetal and on other hand he tries to come close to Khushi all the time and now he is imposing conditions on whom Khushi should see - that is little too much for Khushi to take and agree to. What can we say - Both are young and immature. 

The lunch conversation gave away a few things for the family - Like Khushi making brownies when she is disturbed, Arnav and Khushi's glances being watched by Mahinder and Manorama and Manorama's interest in how Anjali is going along with her pregnancy. Hmm the chips are being laid out but need to see if everyone understand what is happening. Arnav and Khushi sure are getting themselves in a big mess than they can handle and Akash along with Manorama is keeping an steady eye on them which they are not aware of. 

Comments for 5, 6 and 7 in my below post.
Edited by psarada - 9 years ago
Gr8 story n good to have u back just read all chapters n loved it plz update sooner waiting for it n olz om me whn u update nxt
Sayeeda... Happy New Year and have a wonderful vacation...
By the time I got down to commenting on the two previous updates, the third one had been posted! What a bonanza!
What do I say about the meanies in school???? Only thing one can do is shrug them off as of no consequence, but in reality the experience hurts a lot...
Why is Arnav hellbent on painting himself as guilty and already with a noose tied around his neck??? his rebellion stretched a bit too much???? Does a query and an angry look from Akash hurt Arnav so much as to hara-kiri???
Manorama I can understand given her upbringing...
Lovely update...
Edited by rulama - 9 years ago
Hi rasagulla_sp..actually i dont know your name..sorry for that..myself deepthi..caught up with ur story accidently..read all the chapters in one go..hooked by this story line..you are one amazing writer..loved the story plot..want to join in this ride..plz pm me the future updates.
I have always been an admirer of your stories. Though i joined If long time back. I have just started commenting recently. This story of yours as all your other stories is beautiful. Loved the bond between akash and khushi. Have a great trip and a great year ahead. Hope you update soon.πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ€—
Chapter 5:-
First things first, I love the way you give appropriate pictures and describe Nainital in so detail. Are you by chance from here? Loved reading this update because you wrote in so much detail about Nainital and how it looks with the boats and described in detail the Mall Road. 

So finally Arnav and Khushi are opening up to each other and slowly Arnav is asserting his rights on Khushi. The way he was protective of her, the way he just went ahead and brought the infinity bracelet, Arnav considers Khushi as his - He sure is in love with her and I loved the way Arnav with authority told Khushi not to diet or do stupid things to lose weight. That is so true. You should exercise to be fit not because you want to go thin. 

And Finally Anjali makes an appearance in this story. So Garima and Anjali have bonded well and Garima takes care of Anjali very good. I guess only Manorama is the only one who is still not okay with the eloped marriage of Anjali and Shyam and the rest of them are all fine with the couple. And Akash seems to be having some problems in his work. Hope they are not major. 

Chapter 6A:-

Finally the D day is here and Akash has taken Khushi to the fest. And Arnav has broken up with Sheetal. For some reason I am having a weird feeling with Akash giving Khushi's hand into Aman - Hope it will be Arnav and Khushi who end up together and not Aman - Khushi for whatever reason it is. 

Chapter 6B:- 

Finally the whole thing is out in open. It is too bad that Arnav-Khushi's first kiss turned out to be magical and right then the whole accusations came out flying. I wouldn't say only Arnav is at fault because as I see it, both Arnav and Khushi are at fault. Arnav for not coming clean about what his relationship is with Sheetal, and for not telling Khushi what Aman told him about her(Khushi). He should have totally told Khushi that he was not serious with Sheetal and that he has started to like her but wants some time out till Mami comes around. Khushi would have understood him. 
And somewhere I do fault Khushi too. She clearly has led Aman on - Girls have sixth sense when it comes to boys who are interested in them but somehow Khushi has failed to read the signals from Aman and for that she has to pay dearly. 

In the whole mess I feel for Aman because he has lost Khushi as well as his friend at one shot. Aman is not the one who is going to pursue Khushi after he knows what she feels for Arnav but still he is going to carry the hurt of betrayal for a long time. 

And Akash has heard everything. And Akash is going to side with Khushi only so will Arnav be left alone in this whole thing? Will he be able to convince everyone that he was serious about Khushi now and always. Hmm really a intriguing chapter and I am hooked for more. 

Chapter 7A:- 

So here comes Mami in the picture. Mami knows the whole story now and she already has the misgivings about Gupta children. Will she stay back and allow Khushi to be with Arnav - I don't think so. I do feel she is going to try to influence Arnav to not be with Khushi and somewhere Arnav is hurt with the way his Akash bhai has not even believed him and has condemned him to be the culprit. I sense both Arnav and Khushi moving far from each other now and the family finally understanding what they are to each other. 

I loved the way Payal has been the sensible one in the whole conversation - Giving equal importance to Arnav's feelings and trying to ask him what has actually happened. Khushi might be the one who is hurt the most but we can't deny that Arnav too has lost a lot because of Sheetal's plan. The main thing that is hurting Arnav is that he has to justify that his feelings for Khushi are not cheap to Khushi and his Akash Bhai. Khushi he has started to love and his Akash bhai is his whole universe and to justify himself before this two - it is going to feel humiliating for Arnav to be in this position. So really looking forward to the next update.

Phew - Finally gave all my comments. From next time onwards going to give comments as soon as you update.  
Edited by psarada - 9 years ago