Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Concerns regarding the Banner Contest (Page 2)

Tasha1994 IF-Rockerz
Tasha1994
Tasha1994

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 2:21am | IP Logged
thanks for clearing our doubts mod ji

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gk_09

gk_09 IF-Veteran Member
gk_09
gk_09

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anjani9

Though I don't know all the details but reading the comments on Alvida thread, summary of my understanding and concerns of the friends I lost due to this contest. I don't think they come here and voice them, so am trying my best to summarise them and need help here from remaining members.
    I don't know who has contributed to this contest but I think all entries of regular members removed her. How can you come to that conclusion if you don't know which banner belongs to whom? Confused
    Only Mods are voting, most of the profiles are Mods, how come they never voted for story contest and only banner contest? The DT is voting because they were requested to do so. Once again its a common practice to ask peers and fellow team members to vote for any given contest. Moreover, one does not have to be a part of the forum to vote. I have elaborated on this in the main post. I wasn't apart of the Story Contest organization committee. Therefore, I can't comment on what happened with the contest.
    If cheating is done now, same would have happened for story contest also but then none of the senior members cared for that Once again, I wasn't apart of the Story Contest organization committee so I can't comment on that.
    How did you decide cheating happened? Some explination required. Sure. Due to confidentiality of some of these issues I won't be able to explain in detail but will try my best. Firstly, MIDs were used in the voting process when it clearly states in the rules that no MIDs will be entertained. Secondly, analysis on the voting was performed (this is a standard procedure). Voting patterns suggested that foul play had occurred. A second and third opinion was taken on this - all with the same conclusion. Lastly, we had received a PM that told us banners were being advertised. Due to all these complications, the Global Mod team decided it was best to re-conduct the voting round 1 with the Development Team only to be fair to all parties. The banners in round 2 are the top 7 banners voted by the Development Team.  
    If point one is true, entry from a non-KTLK member will be selected Could you please elaborate on this? I'm not sure what you mean.
    If at the end of the contest, the result is losing our friends, we do not want this contest please But what about everyone else who sent in their entries? What about their hard work? Your friends were not the only one who participated.
    Please think why so many regular members think that there is cheating happened to them here
    We come here for our friends and not banner,

Is it worth selecing or changing the banner by killing so many regular members who has  kept it alive for 2 year?  It was the members themselves who requested the banner contest. As I mentioned above, this is just a contest and that's how it should be treated. From my understanding, friends and relationships are much more valuable than some contest. However, each to it's own opinion. I'm not sure where the key issue lies. I've tried my best to clear everything from my end. The rest is up to you and your peers. 

At the end, the Forum is in the control of Development Team and we can only raise concerns and please decide based on your rules and process.

My reply in bold : )

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sshirleyshobha21deepaligupta197babita..SwatishubhVeni-Vidi-Vicittrocks*Dev.*

bawaswift IF-Stunnerz
bawaswift
bawaswift

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Thanks GK,, for clearing many doubts.. Big smile

gk_09

babita.. IF-Sizzlerz
babita..
babita..

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the clarifications GK ji Big smile

gk_09

*Dev.* IF-Stunnerz
*Dev.*
*Dev.*

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Gur and GM Team, this is the best explanation you have given. Hope this sorts all things here among KTLK Family Friends. Thank you.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sshirleygk_09Veni-Vidi-Vicibabita..Swatishubh

ariyadasa IF-Dazzler
ariyadasa
ariyadasa

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gk_09

Originally posted by Anjani9

Though I don't know all the details but reading the comments on Alvida thread, summary of my understanding and concerns of the friends I lost due to this contest. I don't think they come here and voice them, so am trying my best to summarise them and need help here from remaining members.
    I don't know who has contributed to this contest but I think all entries of regular members removed her. How can you come to that conclusion if you don't know which banner belongs to whom? Confused
    Only Mods are voting, most of the profiles are Mods, how come they never voted for story contest and only banner contest? The DT is voting because they were requested to do so. Once again its a common practice to ask peers and fellow team members to vote for any given contest. Moreover, one does not have to be a part of the forum to vote. I have elaborated on this in the main post. I wasn't apart of the Story Contest organization committee. Therefore, I can't comment on what happened with the contest.
    If cheating is done now, same would have happened for story contest also but then none of the senior members cared for that Once again, I wasn't apart of the Story Contest organization committee so I can't comment on that.
    How did you decide cheating happened? Some explination required. Sure. Due to confidentiality of some of these issues I won't be able to explain in detail but will try my best. Firstly, MIDs were used in the voting process when it clearly states in the rules that no MIDs will be entertained. Secondly, analysis on the voting was performed (this is a standard procedure). Voting patterns suggested that foul play had occurred. A second and third opinion was taken on this - all with the same conclusion. Lastly, we had received a PM that told us banners were being advertised. Due to all these complications, the Global Mod team decided it was best to re-conduct the voting round 1 with the Development Team only to be fair to all parties. The banners in round 2 are the top 7 banners voted by the Development Team.  
    If point one is true, entry from a non-KTLK member will be selected Could you please elaborate on this? I'm not sure what you mean.
    If at the end of the contest, the result is losing our friends, we do not want this contest please But what about everyone else who sent in their entries? What about their hard work? Your friends were not the only one who participated.
    Please think why so many regular members think that there is cheating happened to them here
    We come here for our friends and not banner,

Is it worth selecing or changing the banner by killing so many regular members who has  kept it alive for 2 year?  It was the members themselves who requested the banner contest. As I mentioned above, this is just a contest and that's how it should be treated. From my understanding, friends and relationships are much more valuable than some contest. However, each to it's own opinion. I'm not sure where the key issue lies. I've tried my best to clear everything from my end. The rest is up to you and your peers.

• please consider on the following matter 

I feel there will be no problem at all if the priority would be given to the KTLK active members in any contest. Surely there would be a conflict if the priority would be given for the NON active members. So please consider this simple issue  

At the end, the Forum is in the control of Development Team and we can only raise concerns and please decide based on your rules and process.

My reply in bold : )

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gk_09babita..*Dev.*JusticeDenied17

gk_09 IF-Veteran Member
gk_09
gk_09

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
ariyadasa,

We've said what we had to say regarding the matter. This is a public platform where all are welcome - active or non-active does not matter. Contests are done to show creativity and the winning banner is chosen through a democracy. The current banner was chosen in a similar manner. Moreover, contests have been conducted on I-F like this since it's inception and no issue has arisen in all these years.

If you have any other queries, I will be happy to address them.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rajanigandha26babita..Swatishubh*Dev.*

rajanigandha26 IF-Rockerz
rajanigandha26
rajanigandha26

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
I dont know exactly what the issue is but I can see the feelings of hurt and bruised ego.All I can say is make a fresh beginning with new year 2015.Forget about nursing a grievance with people and instead think about what you learned from the interaction. May be it made you stronger and matureLOL.I request all the KTLK forum members  to look back on the past year with love, gratitude and forgiveness so that we can move on with evolving and growing love in the year ahead. This is what KTLK taught us.Deepa, Suvika and all others please come back for your friends who care for you and miss you. Rest doesnt matter. Isn't it?
Happy new Year !!!Big smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shobha21babita..SwatishubhVeni-Vidi-Vici*Dev.*

Go to top