Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Concerns regarding the Banner Contest

gk_09 IF-Veteran Member
gk_09
gk_09

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Dear Members,

There seems to be a lot of concerns regarding the Banner Contest on the forum - specifically pertaining to the voting rounds.

Voting round 1 was conducted on the forum a couple of week ago. After careful consideration, it was concluded that foul play had occurred (i.e. cheating was done). Therefore to be fair to all participants, voting round 1 was re-done with the Development Team only. This is standard practice when cheating occurs in any forum banner contest.

From the 26 banners, only 7 went onto the voting round 2 (which is currently going on). After round 2, a third and final round will happen, after which the new banner will be chosen. In voting round 3, members will vote for 1 banner from 3 options (top 3 banners voted from round 2).

There seems to be issues with non-forum members voting. It's absurd to expect DT to analyze each and every member that voted - determine if they are a KTLK forum member and then, count their vote. This is a public forum and members are free to post where ever they wish too. It's the nature of such a medium and cannot be altered - it's an unreasonable expectation.

We acknowledge that every participant puts in hard work and we appreciate that. However, this is a contest after all. It's a democracy and there will be only one winner. That does not mean that the rest of you are less capable.

Members wanting to leave the forum because there banner did not make it to the next round -
It's a contest so I would only request that you treat it like such. Contests have been conducted on India-Forums like this from its inception. I understand your sentiments maybe hurt but as I mentioned above, there will be only one winner but that does not mean we don't appreciate your hard work. In fact each and everyone of you that participated should be proud - an archived forum received nearly 26 entries. Some on air forums do not even receive this many.

I hope that resolves all concerns. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstandings and inconvenience caused. I am leaving this topic open to address any banner contest related issues.

Happy Holidays!

Thank you,
IF Devt Team

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaana*Shruti*jahanaaraariyadasaShrikhandshobha21hkp11deepaligupta197Anjani9Veni-Vidi-ViciAazeen02syedzoyababita..Swatishubhttrocksmudraswathi*Dev.*bawaswift-Swetha-

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz
Veni-Vidi-Vici
Veni-Vidi-Vici

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot for the detailed clarification gkji.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gk_09

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Thank you for this post and for this clarification Modji.

gk_09

hkp11 IF-Rockerz
hkp11
hkp11

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 11:39am | IP Logged
GK, thanks for the clarification.

From my POV,  the thing you should really do going forward is when the next voting round occurs - ie going from first voting round to 2nd voting round, is say upfront, thank you to all the participants from round one for their hard work and participation in the banner contest in the 2nd voting round post.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

jahanaarashobha21gk_09Swatishubhbawaswift

Swatishubh IF-Sizzlerz
Swatishubh
Swatishubh

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Thanks for the clarification Mod ji Big smile

gk_09

Anjani9 IF-Sizzlerz
Anjani9
Anjani9

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Though I don't know all the details but reading the comments on Alvida thread, summary of my understanding and concerns of the friends I lost due to this contest. I don't think they come here and voice them, so am trying my best to summarise them and need help here from remaining members.
    I don't know who has contributed to this contest but I think all entries of regular members removed here
    Only Mods are voting, most of the profiles are Mods, how come they never voted for story contest and only banner contest?
    If cheating is done now, same would have happened for story contest also but then none of the senior members cared for that
    How did you decide cheating happened? Some explination required
    If point one is true, entry from a non-KTLK member will be selected
    If at the end of the contest, the result is losing our friends, we do not want this contest please
    Please think why so many regular members think that there is cheating happened to them here
    We come here for our friends and not banner,

Is it worth selecing or changing the banner by killing so many regular members who has  kept it alive for 2 year?

At the end, the Forum is in the control of Development Team and we can only raise concerns and please decide based on your rules and process.

Edited by Anjani9 - 28 December 2014 at 12:06pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

jahanaaraariyadasajayasree.raoshobha21hkp11gk_09SwatishubhbawaswiftmudraswathiJusticeDenied17

ariyadasa IF-Dazzler
ariyadasa
ariyadasa

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anjani9

Though I don't know all the details but reading the comments on Alvida thread, summary of my understanding and concerns of the friends I lost due to this contest. I don't think they come here and voice them, so am trying my best to summarise them and need help here from remaining members.
    I don't know who has contributed to this contest but I think all entries of regular members removed here
    Only Mods are voting, most of the profiles are Mods, how come they never voted for story contest and only banner contest?
    If cheating is done now, same would have happened for story contest also but then none of the senior members cared for that
    How did you decide cheating happened? Some explination required
    If point one is true, entry from a non-KTLK member will be selected
    If at the end of the contest, the result is losing our friends, we do not want this contest please
    Please think why so many regular members think that there is cheating happened to them here

Is it worth selecing or changing the banner by killing so many regular members who has  kept it alive for 2 year?

At the end, the Forum is in the control of Development Team and we can only raise concerns and please decide based on your rules and process.

first of all a very big thank u "GK"  replying to my PM and taking a correct action like this 

i was connecting with my friends who had  already leave this forum  due to this banner contest as Anjani said they are the soul of our forum they help to keep this forum active till now 

As u pointed Anjani we need correct reasons 

• How did you decide cheating happened? Some explination required 
100% agree with u @Anjanientry from a non-KTLK member will be selected

In any contest which is happen in KTLK forum the priority should be given to the KTLK members please concern on this matter we have the  right to talk like this as we the people who make this forum alive no body else 

please please i need my friends  backCry

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

jayasree.raoshobha21gk_09SwatishubhbawaswiftJusticeDenied17

Anjani9 IF-Sizzlerz
Anjani9
Anjani9

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 1:49am | IP Logged
GK, Keeping other issues apart, really appreciate your effort in opening this thread...Clap

Good initiative and we got a chance to voice our concerns...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ariyadasagk_09Swatishubhbawaswift

Go to top