India-Forums

Mahabharat
Mahabharat

KARN - Calling Him EPIC Warrior Is A Understatment

AdityaK Senior Member
AdityaK
AdityaK

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:09am | IP Logged
KARN ,KARN,KARN Every Time I heard HIS Name A littel Respect & A littel Pain For Him appers In My Heart , This Character Of Mahabhart influenced Me a Lot , EveryTime Getting Insulted without No Reason Somtiems Heartwrathing , HIS Unbrokebale Promises His Determination For Taking Stand For Himself ,His Craving For Respect Which HE Deserve the Most, Pains ME a Lot , MANY People Hate Him Specially "Feminist" ... LOL... "HE DID WRONG TO Dropadi ,I mean Only a FEMALE IS Allowed to INSULT A MALE Infront of Whole World ,MALE IS NOT Allowed to Give it Back ,Really Hight of Hypocracy ... INSULT IS INSULT DAMMIT AND The Last Yes He was The Best Warrior of Mahabharat ,Yes He Was also Killed with the HELP of "Adharam" In the Name of " Dharm" , Yes He Was Alone In the WAR & THE FIGHT WAS NEVER FAIR (Bhaghwan ke Sath Baith Ker Hero Banna Bohot Aasan Hai Lekin Jab Puri Dunia KHILAF Ho Phir Bhi Larna Bahot Muskil ,Aur Tab jab Koi Akele Larta Hai Usse Hi MAHAYODHA Kahte Hai ) YES NO ONE CARE ABOUT HIM THROUGH OUT HIS WHOLE LIFE Nither his mother nor His wife ...Both Was Selfish

What The Hell !!! WHAT HE WANTED ??? JUST A LITTEL DESRVING RESPECT for Himself THATS IT ?????

Myraluvpanchali Senior Member
Myraluvpanchali
Myraluvpanchali

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Why bring draupadi into this!??? And which insult are you talking about?????? Man what draupadi did to karna was rejection, but in the way it was done was impolite but what karna did was a deliberately done cheapest insult to a woman that time and that can never be justified!

Edited by Myraluvpanchali - 28 December 2014 at 2:14pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Uma90AnuMPMataGauriFlauntPessimism

AnuMP IF-Rockerz
AnuMP
AnuMP

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
I am responding to this post against my better judgement

You seem to be using the word 'feminist' as an epithet. Not sure why
This is the Webster's definition of feminism - a belief that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men.
Do you somehow not believe that?

Marriage is not an Equal Opportunity Exercise. Draupadi didnt say, you have no right to be King of Anga. She said she didnt want to marry him. As in, any of us might say, I dont want to marry anyone shorter than 5'10", is that height-ism? Prejudice against vertically challenged people? As for saying it in public, when else would she have said it? After he attempts to shoot the arrow?

In any case, there is a difference between INSULT (which you seem to believe that the rejection was) and ASSAULT (which Draupadi endured). VH was not a Bollywood movie from the 1980s where the hero's sister gets raped and then it ends up being called 'dishonor' or 'insult'. It was a crime of power, an abuse of authority, a blot on society. All those present from the Kaurava side had a part in plotting and executing the events of DS/VH and that includes the name calling / justification for the VH

Btw, that sentence attributed to Draupadi didnt make the cut to be included in the BORI Critical Edition. Neither did the Andhe ka putr statement. That is, they thought these were later interpolations. The Southern versions say, he attempted to shoot the target and failed. I am strongly tempted to say - perhaps by authors driven by misogyny
But I wont say it.

Lets just say that if these inane accusations were the only things they could find to malign the only person in the epic who was otherwise blemishless, then she was truly a Mahanayak!

As for the rest, I am quite willing to acknowledge that some good people do some very bad things and live to regret it. But, though those things can be regretted and atoned for, they cannot be justified

Edited by AnuMP - 28 December 2014 at 4:30pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Myraluvpanchalisoumya04devashree_hangeala95guenhwyvarMataGauriashne

guenhwyvar IF-Rockerz
guenhwyvar
guenhwyvar

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
I'll just say this ... there is a reason why fighting with ishwara is so easy ... and there is a reason why fighting against ishwara is so hard ... it doesn't mean that the person fighting with ishwara is any less of a warrior than the one fighting against. Each has their own respective degrees of skills. 
Also pray tell me the insult Draupadi said to Karna. If it can equal or even be compared to being called a prostitute or supporting / fueling the VH, then we have something to talk about. Otherwise, it's the same old pointless statement over and over again. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tuli08devashree_hangeala95AnuMPMataGauri

munnihyderabad Cool Viewbie
munnihyderabad
munnihyderabad

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 11:51pm | IP Logged

Members are reminded to post topics without taking digs at other character or mocking them , as such topics are provocative and inciting, leading to fights between fans and create unrest in the forum, rather than being a good topic for discussion.

However please be noted that, all views and opinions must be expressed in accordance with the forum rules and without being offensive .
Topic Closed !!

Regards,
Mahabharat Dev Team

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Uma90AnuMPZephyr.MataGauriBrahmaputra

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top