Humsafars

India-Forums

Humsafars
Humsafars

A question about second marriage in islam (Page 3)

Patharsitara IF-Dazzler
Patharsitara
Patharsitara

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
i m confused too.its nt in indian tv but pak show too depict polygamy in different way as mentioned in law.like in pak show badi aapa ,her hubby married second time without her knowledge &it was held right.in thakan female lead marry a married man.in mere qatil mere dildaar 2nd marriage happen without wife approval.&in many other shows they showed that man can marry another woman without any approval.indian show may be wrong about islamic laws bt y pak shows r showing same thing.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

eternalasha

zam123 Goldie
zam123
zam123

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
permission is required but in certain circumstances you can get married without taking first wife's permission.
In real life men do get married without asking permission. 
Shilpi77 Goldie
Shilpi77
Shilpi77

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zam123

permission is required but in certain circumstances you can get married without taking first wife's permission.
In real life men do get married without asking permission. 
Ok i think that s what they will show
Sheerinbanu Senior Member
Sheerinbanu
Sheerinbanu

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 4:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shilpi77

I thought that the first wife needs to give permission for second marriage then only the man can marry second time...if thats the case then zeenat cannot give that permission then how come sahir is proposing...
Opinions welcome

A man can divorce his wife under 7 grounds in Islam. If the wife have prolonging illness for 7 yrs. the men have all the rights to divorce his wife without any question. This applies to infertility, sickness, and serious illness. Islam gives a way to do that but it's again personal preference too if a man still wants to continue the marriage he can. It's not he should get divorced.

In this case I think zeenath is in coma for 7 yrs. I think CVs could have had that no of yrs to use this clause. It's pretty easy for Samir to divorce her. Also re marry without her consent.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

onathappanShilpi77sweet_chilly

Shilpi77 Goldie
Shilpi77
Shilpi77

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Oh thats good piece of information and thats why they had the 7 years coma stage now
Originally posted by Sheerinbanu

Originally posted by Shilpi77

I thought that the first wife needs to give permission for second marriage then only the man can marry second time...if thats the case then zeenat cannot give that permission then how come sahir is proposing...
Opinions welcome

A man can divorce his wife under 7 grounds in Islam. If the wife have prolonging illness for 7 yrs. the men have all the rights to divorce his wife without any question. This applies to infertility, sickness, and serious illness. Islam gives a way to do that but it's again personal preference too if a man still wants to continue the marriage he can. It's not he should get divorced.

In this case I think zeenath is in coma for 7 yrs. I think CVs could have had that no of yrs to use this clause. It's pretty easy for Samir to divorce her. Also re marry without her consent.
farru786 Senior Member
farru786
farru786

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Remarriage or more than one marriage in Islam is permitted under certain Conditions like if wife is cruel or not doing her duties,she can't bear children,she is mentally unstable or ill etc,to save a girl's izzat etc one just cannot go nd get married according to his whims nd fancies.but in sahirs case its permissible as his wife is ill from soo many years so he has right to move on in life nd can marry without zeenats permission but I don't want to see a hate marriage or contract marriage track plzzz let's for a Change hope for a strong,independent female lead.
RoxyC Goldie
RoxyC
RoxyC

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 10:15am | IP Logged
zeenat story is very fishy.Confused

Go to top