Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

|firefliesHaven|MaNan AT#55|"Can't let go"" (Page 112)

Medha.S IF-Rockerz
Medha.S
Medha.S

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Is it weird that as much as I adore abhimanyu the friend of Nandini, I don't connect with him as a character.
And still I don't want him leaving since I don't actually want Nandini to see a more death.
I feel so conflicted, that even though there is no emotional connect for me , if he dies Nandini will be devastated and I don't want that.
I am being insensitive.
But he just dropped on us, we don't know his history, we don't know anything about him except for the fact that he is dying and wants to spread happiness everywhere, and is fond of cheese and is very confident and strong hearted.
He comes and goes from the Murthy household like he has known them since he and nandini were kids -- The thing with mukti feels off and not has much of an impact and his equation with everyone has been so rushed!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

So_NaleyBoxedIn13thwish

BoxedIn IF-Dazzler
BoxedIn
BoxedIn

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:12am | IP Logged
@Faerie: Intensity's been missing, I agree. Too many tracks have been left hanging in the balance, the actors look tired, editing is more terrible than usual, and basically everyone is a bit off-the-mark. Too bad all this had to happen in the middle of what should be a very important track for the MaNan story. Let's hope they get back into the groove once holiday season's over. 

@Genie: Yea. Everything you said. But I think one of the major reasons Nandini's realisation track seems so off is the character of Abhimanyu. He's cute and all, and I like his conversation with her, but in the overall story he comes across as an orphan potato randomly dropped into chicken curry in order to fill more stomachs. I like the idea of him, but he's been woven into the narrative really, really badly. Compare this to how Manik came to his senses- his own jealousy, Cabir, Nandini's punch- it was a lot more seamless. 

Edited by BoxedIn - 01 January 2015 at 11:14am

13thwishTheFaerieQueenCat.

13thwish IF-Dazzler
13thwish
13thwish

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:18am | IP Logged
All analyzing and intellectual debate apart, I'm going to be a shameless, shallow 'fangurl' now and I would like to take a moment to say this (just in case the CVs still care to stalk this place)
I WANT  HOT, EDGY MANIK BACK!!! 

And not this staid, boring ' grumpy chacha' version.. Pleaseee for the love of MaNan, give him his outrageous style and devil-may-care, I-don't-give-a-f*ck personality back..atleast before the 'big confession.. Manik doesn't seem like Manik otherwise..and no amount of acting chops can compensate for that..it's just not the sameUnhappy

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sukshblazingflameBoxedInnoor321TheFaerieQueen-MKB-Cat.charminggenielostmymusic.

Cat. IF-Sizzlerz
Cat.
Cat.

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:18am | IP Logged
I don't see tomorrow as a proper reconciliation for MaNan. Infact I expect a big showdown and then the confession happening. Without Manik realising its love or Nandini being still reluctant about their relationship there cant be a proper reconciliation nor do I expect it. What we have is Nandini saying she needs Manik in her life but she hasn't said in what capacity and Manik will not settle for anything less than being her boyfriend.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sukshBoxedIn13thwishcharminggenie

Cat. IF-Sizzlerz
Cat.
Cat.

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 13thwish

All analyzing and intellectual debate apart, I'm going to be a shameless, shallow 'fangurl' now and I would like to take a moment to say this (just in case the CVs still care to stalk this place)
<font size="5">I WANT HOT, EDGY MANIK BACK!!!</font>

And not this staid, boring ' grumpy chacha' version.. Pleaseee for the love of MaNan, give him his outrageous style and devil-may-care, I-don't-give-a-f*ck personality back..atleast before the 'big confession.. Manik doesn't seem like Manik otherwise..and no amount of acting chops can compensate for that..it's just not the sameUnhappy

This! His edginess has totally gone out of the window.

BoxedIn13thwishcharminggenie

lostmymusic. IF-Stunnerz
lostmymusic.
lostmymusic.

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:20am | IP Logged
I can understand that Abhi's sudden entry in the show with characters who we've seen be flesh out and react under different cirucumstances, characters which have become home, it's a bit off-putting. As said here, he seems too "Aasmaan se uttra" with a magic wand to fix everyone. But I rather welcome him despite having zero connect to him with Mukti, which makes like 50% of his character. The other 50% is him being the partner for Nandini as she rants on and on about Manik LOL Because I always wanted a friend for Nandini who'd make her speak what she actually feels and not think before doing so. Abhi does that. In fact, he has this way with things that everyone ends up speaking to him and reacting to him the way he wants to. I'd be really sad to see him go but he's a temporary fix anyway...too magical to be true. But chalta hai..we all need some bibbity babbity boo Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

BoxedIn13thwishnoor321Cat.charminggenie

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:21am | IP Logged
You know thats the point, it feels weird that Nandini is trusting this guy so much and he is so invested in her too. They need to give him a strong link, because his whole barging into Moorthy's seemed too sudden and a little planned to me.He makes no sense to me beyond Nandini. If Mukti had some rehab connect , i would have bought but the Moorthys' and Nandini , in particular , he is too involved - gotta have some external motive too. 
I think In Manik's case we saw him fall for this girl, his dilemma and fear was so in-your face in Dhruv, we knew he was going to sacrifice - it was too obvious, with her it's ambiguous as we never knew her beyond Manik- not like much has changed but now atleast we see her in her home , alone, talking to someone just related to her. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

BoxedIn13thwishnoor321TheFaerieQueenCat.

BoxedIn IF-Dazzler
BoxedIn
BoxedIn

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 13thwish

I WANT  HOT, EDGY MANIK BACK!!! 

This. This. This.

Thanda Manik hayye hayye. Angry

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

13thwishnoor321TheFaerieQueen-MKB-Cat.charminggenie

Go to top