Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

|firefliesHaven|MaNan AT#55|"Can't let go"" (Page 105)

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:02am | IP Logged
@Agree somewhat with Maisu- but the thing is this lightness to these episodes are not doing a disservice to any character. Manik is same, so is Nandini. 
What did Manik brought to Nandini? - He gave her courage yes- but what else? Did he not made her operate out of character- break her perfect little self-created cover too. She will pounce, poke, shout at him. He brought the chaos to her ordered world. Made her do unconventional things - and she thrived because somewhere she has always been that child. The one who sort of lost her way in the need to be this sorted, sensible 17 year old who had a world on her shoulder in Mumbai. 

Nandini never  really had monologues- she spoke to her brother and shared her feelings. But now it's Abhi who as contriving as he appears is another plot device to get through Nandini. 

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

AmbyliciousSo_NaleyBoxedIn13thwishMedha.Snoor321Firebolt-MKB-Cat.nyxxlostmymusic.

lostmymusic. IF-Stunnerz
lostmymusic.
lostmymusic.

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Wish doesn't let me say anything, unless when we are having a disagreement. Then I say a lot LOL

Adding to her reason as to why fireflies made an appearance today. The way I saw it, I think it's a way of showing that Manik is not ready to give up on her. In the day he was heavily disappointed at the way she pointedly refused to acknowledge the previous night. By the end of the day he saw her fuming with jealousy at the prospect of imagining him being cozy with someone else. He's a smart guy. It was enough for him to realize that she's hesitating for her reasons. She wants to come back to him. But he has a promise to be kept, he's not gonna follow her around. Doesn't mean that he wouldn't make it so that she can't come to him. Him using Soha's name is the trick he's implementing to make her come to him. Him treasuring the fireflies is the reflection of his genuine sincerity with regards to her. So that when she does come back, he can give them to her as a proof of his sincerity. He won't go to her with the fireflies, he'll wait for her with the fireflies.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

soulfulsukshAmbyliciousSo_NaleyBoxedIn13thwishnoor321diva82-MKB-Cat.nyxxcharminggenie

Sexpot Goldie
Sexpot
Sexpot

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:03am | IP Logged
1) They needed to show that even apart, even when not communicating directly, MaNan are always on the wavelength.. therefore, the previous episode had Nandu contemplating his 'stars' and the only appropriate parallel to that would be to show Manik contemplating her 'fireflies'.. which they did.. because that's the way it works between them right? They are in sync even when they aren't aware of it..

Psyche wise, if she is the ego that balances his overindulgent ID impulses then he is the 'ego' that suppresses her overactive 'superego's' caution ans constant sermonizing.. a small example of that was her bold 'kidnapping' plan which she put into action todayWink     

2)As for why TODAY specifically, the fireflies could only make an appearance after he witnessed her jealousy, possessiveness and inability to stay away i.e. after kiss-miss.. because until then he had internalized her words about how her 'tears just don't stop around him, how he brings her only pain (he KNOWS this is not true for him' and how she walked away because she believes that is best for them..
But the previous night proved to him beyond a doubt, that her actions are sometimes contradictory to her real feelings (something the previous 'sensible' Nandini Murthy that he knew would not have done) and that he needs to 'see'  past them to understand her.. Now that the uncertainty for him is gone and he is sure that she will be always be back to 'shine' for him, now he is free again to think about ways to make her happy since she is still 'his'.. and obviously the first thing he would think of when he's on that track are the 'fireflies' which he knows she loves and let go of because of him.. 
That scene today is merely an indication of the change in his state of mind.. as in Nandu has found
her feet again and Manik is feeling his heart beat again.. the actual track will take a long time to play out and be given the necessary screen time, don't worry.. this is their journey together and the 'fireflies' are central to it.. they are what started this story after allDay Dreaming"

THIS MAKES ME FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. I CAN PROCESS THIS WELL. I MAY HAVE BORDERLINE ASPERGERS.THIS MADE PERFECT SENSE. I THINK I CAN SLEEP NOW

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

AmbyliciousSo_NaleyBoxedIn13thwishMedha.Snoor321diva82Cat.nyxxlostmymusic.charminggenie

Noorie30 IF-Rockerz
Noorie30
Noorie30

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Medha and Ru, Niyaz lover is back to KY2 forumConfused
-MKB- IF-Sizzlerz
-MKB-
-MKB-

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:05am | IP Logged
When in doubt come to the AT
It can change my mood and even thoughts
Pyaar sabko pyaar bas Hug

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SexpotBoxedIn13thwishnyxxcharminggenie

Cat. IF-Sizzlerz
Cat.
Cat.

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:06am | IP Logged
I really didn't have a problem with the episode today either.

Nandini behaved like a 17 year old teenager would. Yes she is more mature and understanding but isn't that what love does? It takes you out of your comfort zone, makes you do things which you usually wouldn't. Love is not rational after all.
As for the fireflies, as random as it is, I like the idea that he brought it back without even knowing what it means to her or to their relationship. How much easier would it be for him to bring back the fireflies if he knows that it will cement their relationship in her eyes and yet here he has just brought it back just because " it makes her happy" and isn't this more an indication of "love", that he does things just because he wants her happy.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

AmbyliciousSo_NaleyBoxedIn13thwishNoorie30noor321-MKB-nyxx

Firebolt IF-Rockerz
Firebolt
Firebolt

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

@Firefly- is it your B'day? OMG How can i not know this!! Woman , you be amazing , shining , beautiful and super happy . The light in you in infectious , warm and just so endearing- remember that , humesha. And your smile- better sit on your lips forever because it has magical powers.And Goodluck world- this firefly is going to rule you someday. 

@Bolt - It wasn't for me?, because to me they stand incomplete - both the sentences till they speak to each other the same things again., the impact cannot be felt.

They do stand incomplete. We have a Manik who won't admit it's love and a Nandini who's still in the process of learning the depth of her feelings. Still to me this was an important threshold they needed cross. In that regard I felt disappointed.  
TheFaerieQueen IF-Rockerz
TheFaerieQueen
TheFaerieQueen

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Happy New Year to everyone Hug
And now my cold war starts with everyone...I was asking,begging, pleading everyone to come back to AT and when everyone decides no message to join. Ouch 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

BoxedIn13thwishnyxxCat.

Go to top