|firefliesHaven|MaNan AT#55|"Can't let go"" - Page 88

Posted: 9 years ago
I want his florals back and that hairstyle- Give him a smirk, man in charge mode again. They can work it with their  rulesvsrebel thing wrt Album. He is so vanilla right now physically- not Manik. Friday aside, he needs to chase, corner her again . He should be done with all the mopping now, the girl isn't leaving him.  Edited by charminggenie - 9 years ago
I understand why they brought in Abhimanyu. We needed a window into Nandini's mind and she has had no honest friends to speak of, so they brought him in. While CabIni works well, he is Manik's friend first and he will see the situation primarily from Manik's POV. Also for Nandini, anything Cabir says will seem as biased since he is Manik's friend. So they bring in a totally different person who by being an outsider to SPACE and all these guys have a different take on the situation at hand. What the Cvs could have done is made him a childhood friend of Nandu. Given him some connection to her, because it does seem random that his last 6 months, he wants to better Mukti and Nandu's life unless he has some connection to them.Edited by AnomanderRake - 9 years ago
Originally posted by charminggenie

I want his florals back and that hairstyle- Give him a smirk, man in charge mode again. They can work it with their rulesvsrebel thing wrt Album. He is so vanilla right now physically- not Manik. Friday aside, he needs to chase, corner her again . He should be done with all the mopping now, the girl isn't leaving him.

This was what I was saying when everyone was cribbing about the florals.They gave that edge to the character,now his dressing is as bland and blah as Harshad's. And yes please lets have the smirk and the pinning and cornering back 😳
Originally posted by AnomanderRake

This was what I was saying when everyone was cribbing about the florals.They gave that edge to the character,now his dressing is as bland and blah as Harshad's. And yes please lets have the smirk and the pinning and cornering back 😳

TATTOOO...
All things said, the AT is still the place to stalk for story ideas. 

"He will remember that the fireflies made her happy, and he'll bring them back, just to make her happy again."

Lemme just go find that conversation we had. ðŸ˜†
Abhimanyu as a childhood friend would've been better. Now that I am imagining it. But then his six months track would've gone out the window. He would've been another loss of childhood for Nandini. For me AbhiNi as they are work because I know that they've had some real background growth in their friendship in the Week We Didn't See. He's quick, he's perceptive, he's persuasive. So to see Nandini bonding off so well with him, so much so that he's become her go to guy to rant about any new development, it makes sense. Nandini didn't have a friend like that all this time, the void was always empty. Abhi showed inclination to fill that and Nandini quickly let him.

Also, Abhi being a practical stranger kind of makes sure that their interactions would be strictly related to MaNan which is a smart move by CVs if one thinks logically. Phangurls were sharpening their horns at the mere notion of a third angle for MaNan, if Nandini's friend had come with his own baggage with Nandini in which there's no atta patta of Manik, it would've lessened the importance of Manik in their conversations. Abhi treats Nandini as his friend but mostly as his little mission and Nandini hasn't been shown to treat him as a friend outside of their little love lives. It kind of works...or maybe mera dimag kharab hogaya hai 😆
Since people here are talking about Abhimanyu, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.
1)I absolutely love that he is Nandini's sounding board. God knows that girl was lonely and needs to vent. He was love personified today with all that he did for her. That setup was genuinely gorgeous.
2)I think this landing up from nowhere are sorting everyone's issues is a part of the narrative. Part of the mystery that Abhi is. The writer's of this show have always tried real hard to experiment with introducing out-the-box stuff on the show. This is one of those. I guess we'll know more about Abhi as the show progresses, as his story unravels. Currently, he is supposed to be the savior for Mukti, the vent that Nandini needs and that is about it. Not telling us his story makes the plot intriguing. Why does this guy choose specifically Nandu and Mukti to help out. Agreed they need it, but so do a gazillion more people on this planet. Why them?
Giving this guy a backstory would make him a regular character. Which he is not. He is sanity. That fleeting moment of solace in a persons life which connects them to their reality and at the same time gives them a fresh perspective. The breath of hope. The voice of your heart spoken out loud. He propels the story forward. But he himself has no story.
I don't know if I am explaining it right coz I myself feel lost now but he is like The breeze that refreshes you and then goes away. You don't know where it came from You don't know why it did. It just happened to come and provide you with fleeting moments of relief.

Agreed its a different approach. Some may accept it and some may not. But nevertheless it's an effort to provide us with something new .

3) The connect with Mukti is not there yet partly because she is so frivolous about it. He hasn't touched her soul yet. She does not understand what he is trying to convey to her. Probably because she is so hardened from the outside due to her past experiences. He needs a while and multiple moments like the one where she offered her body to him and he simply gave her a pat on her head to happen. This girl is too walled off to let all the cheese he offers affect her. And if one person does not have an impact on another through their words, a relationship is not really working. Which I hope it will. Soonish.

PS:I like the actor who plays Abhimanyu. He is charming. His lack of acting talent makes me content with the role.he currently has tho. I they give him something more than his cheesy lines and cute attires, he may not be able to pull it off. His ease of.conversation with Nandu is adorbz. They make me smile. With Mukti, the story needs more time. She needs more time to let her guard down. Only then will a relationship begin. Right now they seem to be in some sort of limbo phase. Not friendship, nowhere close to a relationship.
PPS: I don't like the way Mukti was looking at him during the dance. Like she was in love. She is not. She cannot.be so soon. I think Charlie overdid that bit. It was not in tandem with the current story.
But I am so disinterested in Navya- How am i suppose to feel for her? I am bloody indifferent. 
The point being is that this show means different things to different people and as much as we like to see ourselves as the only viewers of this show, it has to cater to all fangroups wanting different things. You know you have lost the interest in watching the show, when you stop worrying and discussing about it. Until then, it does hold interest and we have to live with the good and the bad!
Originally posted by AnomanderRake

I understand why they brought in Abhimanyu. We needed a window into Nandini's mind and she has had no honest friends to speak of, so they brought him in. While CabIni works well, he is Manik's friend first and he will see the situation primarily from Manik's POV. Also for Nandini, anything Cabir says will seem as biased since he is Manik's friend. So they bring in a totally different person who by being an outsider to SPACE and all these guys have a different take on the situation at hand. What the Cvs could have done is made him a childhood friend of Nandu. Given him some connection to her, because it does seem random that his last 6 months, he wants to better Mukti and Nandu's life unless he has some connection to them.

WORD!
You said precisely what I intended to but digressed into some other zone. I absolutely agree. Nandu needs her own friend. Someone who get her POV more than anyone else's. Someone exclusively for her rather than being ping-ponged between Nandini and Manik.