|firefliesHaven|MaNan AT#55|"Can't let go"" - Page 76

Posted: 9 years ago
@Maisu -  I loved it too!! IYou approve the DP!

@MKB - Her monologues started the day she started chasing him and he was bring rude to her. She saw stars and was contemplating her promises to him, Abhimanyu told her to fight ...she has been struggling with it for days. In bits and pieces we got the monologue. More than that , I look forward to her saying all that to Manik herself. 
Edited by charminggenie - 9 years ago
Maybe Nandini can now talk about Maniks influence in her life? 
Word! I don't feel the disconnect either.. In fact I'm loving feisty Nandu.. For the first time ever, she is acting her age.. she is carefree and impulsive, possessive and fierce and I adore it..If she makes Monster Manik 'simply' Manik, then he makes controlled, serious proper Nandu into Fighter Nandini..their impact on each other is so fascinating and beautiful.. and simply.. perfect... Stars and fireflies are ishmart.. they weren't kidding around when they said these two be 'Fated'.. and how
@MKB- Or maybe she will realize his importance in her life through this relationship. Right now except for this need, I don't think she has many memories to feel what he beings to her life- the courage , the light , the spark he ignites is all what we see in them. 
Monologues would have confused her further , she like 13th said would have found more reasons to resist. She really did struggle before she gave it . 
I am still clinging on the the hope that the night will lead to some sort of conversation between Manik and Nandu. The romance and all is essential for their own sanity. They get restless when apart. But conversation IS the need of the hour and Nandu cannot keep pushing it back by her I-don't-wanna-talk-about-it and neither can Manik keep using Soha as a tool to get Nandu to accept her feelings.
I don't see the OTT-ness too,I mean first episode- she did all this right? Love for her is all about glowing fireflies too- can anything be more whimsical than that. Love was always the thing which spoke to the child in her.

Originally posted by 13thwish

Nandu's biggest conflict at this point has been that she was trying to analyze her feelings and their relationship logically.. and every time she would fall short and feel lost because on paper nothing was making sense to her.. their journey so far has been so turbulent, unexpected and and out of control that it all felt too overwhelming for her.. her staying away was a protective reflex reaction to try and distance herself from the chaos of it all..  
'Soha' is merely a convenient plot device.. her presence has forced Nandu to acknowledge that no matter her best intentions, she is not capable of letting Manik go.. If 'Soha' hadn't happened, the realization would have still come of course eventually but much more slowly.. because she needed that push.. an incentive to make her face the truth of her feelings.. left to her own devices, she would have tried her best to evade and deny her emotions because logically that is the 'safe' choice for both of them.. or so she thinks..

Nandu's eureka moment yesterday seems abrupt yes.. but then again it needed to be.. because if she was given time to process her reactions, analyze the situation, she would have chosen to hide behind her denial again.. just like she did at the start of the episode.. she had an entire night to think over her 'kiss-miss' with Manik.. so it was possible for her to distance herself from the memory and compartmentalize it by morning.. But when she was ranting to Abhi in her spate of 'jealousy' and irritation, there was no conscious thought involved.. she was simply reacting.. venting out her frustration to her only trusted comrade.. and that is when her 'truth' slipped out and she was caught off guard..especially since she was least expecting it and therefore could not stop herself in time for 'logic' and rationality to take over and control her actions again..
Just like she was emotional and impulsive when she made the decision to walk away,  similarly it was that same combination of uncontrollable feelings and spur of the moment that prompted her to finally see how that was simply impossible for her.. the circle is complete and  now she is back to being honest with herself.. no more running away.. and no more pushing him away.. she is ready now to stay..
After this will be her journey to discover what that 'staying' really means.. and how it will impact them both..

Wish long time no see. happy New Year *still hmphs and pouts at you
Okay i like the point you have made. Her rationality wrt Manik will delve her further into the abyss of denial . But my problem is not that. It's the jerky transition,her impulsivity or possesiveness is true to her character. She is incapable of half measures or cop outs. She is going to go all guns blazing and I do understand its teenagers we are discussing but it's just a little irksome.
Also just random fireflies in a jar,cut Abhi and Nandu plan,cut party,cut kidnap Manik,cut NAVYA,cut Harshad,cut Dhruv with string lotus,cut Nandu in decorated house.
I'm out of breath
@Wish yo 🤗

Oh, Maisu is here to *Yawns*

Doc doesn't love be anymore it seems *sigh*

Feisty Nandu be my favorite.I just adore this side of her, the way she was so childish and hellbent on breaking her teeth with all the grinding, thinking of ways to stop soha from taking her MA UK on a 'STUPID ROMANTIC DATE'
Medha - did you just..yawn seeing me? 😳 
@Doc- the famous accidental kiss- one moment Nandini was brushing her lips and berating him, another she on Navya's proding , showers rose petals on him, holds his legs and smiles at him. One episode- this is how she has always been.