India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 5-8: Tangled skeins (Page 8)

jayaks02 IF-Dazzler
jayaks02
jayaks02

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Akka - No one can say it better than you !!!

A Fantabulous year ahead to you as well. May we grow young and a little old Wink with each exciting day in 2015.

Please continue to PM me for MK - But I am not yet onto that serial - Moved to Bangalore and setting up things one by one - My XL sheet of Things To Do stands at 42 in the last count - This is personal. Office is extra - Anyways..,

I asked my son to read your MK post 5-8 the second one - he reads a lot of fiction fantasy but does not watch any serial. U know the 18 year old boys - brash, snobbish what not LOL

But he did read your full post and asked me whether I understood all references there LOL - I said not all the time but I google and find out, whenever I do not follow some reference to a painting or another character etc - He said she writes extremely well and asked me is she a Tamilian ?!! LOL Snobbish - I told you. There is another teenage fan from my home for your writing now.

Take care - Srividhya

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 3:10am | IP Logged
Thank you, my dear Sri. This is perfect.

I am more flattered that I can say by the reaction of your 18  year old to this post, for appreciation from the young, especially of that age,  is the hardest to gain and is the most sincere. I was intrigued by the Tamilian bit, however. The good old TamBrahm clannishness at work, clearly! And the cheek of his asking  you if you had got all the references!Wink

Originally posted by jayaks02

Akka - No one can say it better than you !!!

A Fantabulous year ahead to you as well. May we grow young and a little old Wink with each exciting day in 2015.

Please continue to PM me for MK - But I am not yet onto that serial - Moved to Bangalore and setting up things one by one - My XL sheet of Things To Do stands at 42 in the last count - This is personal. Office is extra - Anyways..,

I asked my son to read your MK post 5-8 the second one - he reads a lot of fiction fantasy but does not watch any serial. U know the 18 year old boys - brash, snobbish what not LOL

But he did read your full post and asked me whether I understood all references there LOL - I said not all the time but I google and find out, whenever I do not follow some reference to a painting or another character etc - He said she writes extremely well and asked me is she a Tamilian ?!! LOL Snobbish - I told you. There is another teenage fan from my home for your writing now.

Take care - Srividhya

jayaks02

Sandhya.A IF-Rockerz
Sandhya.A
Sandhya.A

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Lovely post aunty...as usual.Smile

Happy new  year  aunty and friends...Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jayaks02sashashyam

Carmilla IF-Stunnerz
Carmilla
Carmilla

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Happiest warmest new year to you Ma'am n your entire family. Stay blessed n keep writing. Hug

jayaks02sashashyam

snehaluvmaaneet IF-Sizzlerz
snehaluvmaaneet
snehaluvmaaneet

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:28am | IP Logged
brilliant analysis 
totally loved it Thumbs Up 

would like to read more from you 

happy new year 

sashashyam

kunchu IF-Dazzler
kunchu
kunchu

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
Hello Mam,
This is my first post over here in this forum. No, I am not officially into the forum as time is hard for the present.
But the show had gained my attention from the preview that I saw when I was at home. And now I am watching it daily online. (Cursing at times when wifi sucks. It happened in the good old days of Arjun too.)
And by chance I came in here and was surprised to find you here.!! Actually not so surprised as I know that you love something hatke.
Wow a familiar face over here!! 
And yes this show is hatke.
The initial episodes reminded me of the Dan Brown novels were the Cardinals meet for making huge decisions and plans. But what surprised and at the same time made me awe was the level they showed of knowing the Indian texts, even quoting the verses and meanings. Yup! the men who were real into business will know it, but then I just loved it. It looked as if they knew it better than those babas down here.
The story caught my attention and the major credit goes to the actors. And yes, even though Maimui and Udiya baba was played by well established actors, Sidharth did something deep. the way that he used to emote using the eyes... wait for the years ahead, he is going to be someone well remembered. 
The leap brought in Goutam, and he is a perfect choice too. 
The mystery building up is looking just in pace. Hope they wont try to dilute it.
And as usual. your writing is wonderful. I had always awed the way you added in the references and trust me I had googled them many times to get the real meaning.
I may be in this forum just to read this reviews, esp your's and then remain as the viewer as long as possible. I found a few others that were in depth detailing the myth, which was surprising. Such deep knowing!! 
The mystery makes me hold on. Now waiting for the 7 garudas to reach in place at the right time. Each one is having their own importance and hardships. That plot reminded me of the series by Pittacus Lore and even the series I saw years back, Seven.
Hope your knee is getting better. Dont strain too much. SYS!!Wink

Love,
Kunchu.

jayaks02sashashyam

mishtidoi IF-Dazzler
mishtidoi
mishtidoi

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
Happy New Year 2015 Aunty and to my friends hereHugEmbarrassed

sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:58pm | IP Logged

My dearest Kunchu,

Such  a delight to find you here! I  hope you have seen my post on the first week of this show as well, which is at

Mahakumbh 1-4: The Quest for Immortality

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4260824#p117500474

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 3:54am | IP Logged

You guessed right- the first time, I was so excited by this show that I overdid things with my knee and paid for it during the rest of that week. At my age, I should have had more discipline!Wink

Anyhow, having learnt my lesson, I did the second post over 4 days, in bits, and that was ok. I do the same thing with responses to comments on my thread, a few a day, and so far I have not angered my knee!

I agree with  your comments, my dear, and I hope you enjoy this show and stay here with me. Don't be a silent reader, and do post your comments. I have not seen the series by Pittacus Lore, but yes, this concept of the 7 guardians reminds one of  the saptarishi in Yashraj TV's  Seven 4 years ago. I liked that one and I think they were intending to have a second season, but Sony butchered the presentation and the TRPs were so low that there was no question  of a second season.

More later. Take care, my dear.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by kunchu

Hello Mam,
This is my first post over here in this forum. No, I am not officially into the forum as time is hard for the present.
But the show had gained my attention from the preview that I saw when I was at home. And now I am watching it daily online. (Cursing at times when wifi sucks. It happened in the good old days of Arjun too.)
And by chance I came in here and was surprised to find you here.!! Actually not so surprised as I know that you love something hatke.
Wow a familiar face over here!! 
And yes this show is hatke.
The initial episodes reminded me of the Dan Brown novels were the Cardinals meet for making huge decisions and plans. But what surprised and at the same time made me awe was the level they showed of knowing the Indian texts, even quoting the verses and meanings. Yup! the men who were real into business will know it, but then I just loved it. It looked as if they knew it better than those babas down here.
The story caught my attention and the major credit goes to the actors. And yes, even though Maimui and Udiya baba was played by well established actors, Sidharth did something deep. the way that he used to emote using the eyes... wait for the years ahead, he is going to be someone well remembered. 
The leap brought in Goutam, and he is a perfect choice too. 
The mystery building up is looking just in pace. Hope they wont try to dilute it.
And as usual. your writing is wonderful. I had always awed the way you added in the references and trust me I had googled them many times to get the real meaning.
I may be in this forum just to read this reviews, esp your's and then remain as the viewer as long as possible. I found a few others that were in depth detailing the myth, which was surprising. Such deep knowing!! 
The mystery makes me hold on. Now waiting for the 7 garudas to reach in place at the right time. Each one is having their own importance and hardships. That plot reminded me of the series by Pittacus Lore and even the series I saw years back, Seven.
Hope your knee is getting better. Dont strain too much. SYS!!Wink

Love,
Kunchu.

Go to top