India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 5-8: Tangled skeins (Page 3)

SindhuMenon IF-Rockerz
SindhuMenon
SindhuMenon

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Beautifully written. Thank you so much for the PM. Really appreciate it..Looking forward for more.

I am anxiously waiting to watch tomorrows episode as its the entry of GR..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam

adiana12 IF-Rockerz
adiana12
adiana12

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Shyamala even in a mytho the hero does not need to be one who walks on water - yes as the Chosen one he would be the ultimate leader - I dont know if you have read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series based on the Greek Gods mytho - though Percy is the Chosen one and a demigod as well and a part of every adventure he definitely is not one who knows everything and walks on water - there are other equally endowed characters who if needed could have been made into the Chosen on as well - and that is where the story becomes strong and plot-centric instead of character-centric - as for KB, that is K. Balachander.

sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
Very true, my dear, I missed out on that, and it is a very strong one. It would fit neatly into the "quarrelsome but caring siblings" slot, don't you think?

That is the strength of this tale, the relationships. I am only glad that Maimuyi will surely be there till the end. And how I wish there could have had a Rudra Sr and his younger brother so that we could have had Siddharth too till the end! I am surely going to have withdrawal symptoms after his exit.

And if I had had a Take 6, I would have added the scene where Maimuyi makes fun of Udiya Baba's  ancient coat, and Rudra jumps into the breach to salve his bruised feelings with praise. Udiya Baba's face then was like an acting lesson.

Shyamala

Originally posted by Coolpree

Shyamala I forgot to add another "Benaam Rishta" to your list that you may have missed out on: 
Maimuyi and  Udiya Baba.  Obviously platonic but very very effective I think .
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Oh yes, when he and Kamalahaasan got together, it was always manna from Heaven! I am afraid I have not read the Percy Jackson series, but I will try to do so if you recommend it.

I had better stop before I go completely off topic and get into trouble, but I do still feel that Rudra is not overdone here. See, Superman could lift that car even as a baby, and there was no one else there who could have been Superman.

But let us call a truce here, and I shall go back to mourning the imminent departure of the young Rudra!

Shyamala

Originally posted by adiana12

Shyamala even in a mytho the hero does not need to be one who walks on water - yes as the Chosen one he would be the ultimate leader - I dont know if you have read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series based on the Greek Gods mytho - though Percy is the Chosen one and a demigod as well and a part of every adventure he definitely is not one who knows everything and walks on water - there are other equally endowed characters who if needed could have been made into the Chosen on as well - and that is where the story becomes strong and plot-centric instead of character-centric - as for KB, that is K. Balachander.
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
My dear Sindhu,

I am delighted that you liked this one so much. And yes, I too am waiting for Gautam, but I am also mourning the imminent passing from the scene of young Siddharth. It is a pity we could not have had them both, as siblings, don't you agree?

Shyamala

Originally posted by SindhuMenon

Beautifully written. Thank you so much for the PM. Really appreciate it..Looking forward for more.

SindhuMenon

---Khushi--- IF-Rockerz
---Khushi---
---Khushi---

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Shyamala Aunty...Big smile
Haven't yet watched epis 7 & 8...n also not read your post Aunty...when I do both, will comment on both. ...

I realise I m missing out on a true entertainer...both the show n your posts here...but you know the reasons y I m MIA na...Cry

Now that Sidhartha is soon bidding adieu to the show, I wish him luck n success in all his future endeavours...this boy should go places. ...StarClap...take a bow, young man Thumbs Up

sashashyam

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Once again beautiful analysis. For me the best thing in last week's epi was the bonding of Shivanand and the child Kuba. The way the kid brings apple to him to the way he asks Shivanand to put the lock in Poland's bridge with his wish that relation had all the marks of pure innocence and untold beauty.

In Kuba I saw a child craving for a father's love and in Shivanand the child manages to see that love which is so much deprived for him by his own father.

And Kuba impressed me again when he comes in front of dad with a cut finger and tells I didn't tell mama as I am grown up. His concern and love for this mother is so unparalled.

I am sure grown up Kuba is going to play an integral part in the show.

Ok if Kuba's innocence melted my heart, the fireworks were provided by Rudra's friend. I forgot the guy;s name who refuse to play Ram and ends up Hanuman. He was so natural and provided the much needed lighter moments in the intense show. I simply simply loved him and I am sure he is gonna be Rudra's right hand, king of goof ups, yet loves Rudra like anything.

sashashyam

SindhuMenon IF-Rockerz
SindhuMenon
SindhuMenon

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

My dear Sindhu,

I am delighted that you liked this one so much. And yes, I too am waiting for Gautam, but I am also mourning the imminent passing from the scene of young Siddharth. It is a pity we could not have had them both, as siblings, don't you agree?

Shyamala

Originally posted by SindhuMenon

@bold:  well said . that boy is very very talented and we can soon see him in Ashoka.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam-Swetha-

Go to top