India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 5-8: Tangled skeins (Page 2)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:11am | IP Logged
 I had kept yours for the last, my dear, because I knew it would need the longest reply, and I could not type too much at one time. And yes, that thread was closed for review because of off topic discussions about JA, which was ok, I suppose, as they are being strict with that. It has since been reopened and in the future, we will all have to be careful on this count. It is all too easy to slip into discussing other shows in the wrong forum and getting into a briar patch!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by Calliope

Reserve as I am yet to watch last three episodes :(

Before tomorrow's episode airs, this space will be unreserved. :-)

Oh, I am sorry I didn't know you responded to my post. I kept an eye on it earlier but you had skipped mine and responded to other so I wasn't really expecting an answer :=) I see that the thread is closed? Wha??

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:15am | IP Logged
My dear Arshi,

I am delighted that you liked this one, for as you know,I have high regard for  your analytical abilities.  I have been following  your daily posts regularly and hope to have them going till the  end of this serial.

Shyamala

Originally posted by Arshics

Fantastic post Shyamala. and great round up of week 2.

Will look forward to your take 5s every week.

The sight of Rudra as Ram, his coming out of the fire holding udiya baba, the trishul bearing Sadhus in the water all had a high visual impact and will be unforgettable!

And the relationships - so beautiful and well etched that they are really touching.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arshics

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Thank you so much, my dear Sidra. I am always reassured when a new reader takes to my long posts and  really likes them!

Shyamala

Originally posted by Sidra86

Thank you for the PM Shyamalaji...Smile
Fantastic  Post Smile
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Thanks a million, my dear. It is  I who should thank you for staying with a long and demanding piece and then liking it so much. That you did so says as much about you as about the post itself.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by ddsoaps

Thank you for the PM Shyamalaji...
It is such a pleasure reading you. What a fabulous in-depth analysis this is.ClapClap.

Loved every bit of it. 

ddsoaps

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Adiana my dear,

This is not a common garden variety thriller, but a part mythical tale, and in the myths, the hero has to walk on water!

Rudra  is a Chosen One, and I was only pleased that  his special powers are introduced in a fairly low key manner, without OTT flourishes. It has already been established that  he is physically very strong, so his carrying Udiya Baba out singlehandedly did not come as any great surprise.

So I see no reason for such pessimism. Another  point I liked was that the instances where I initially felt the script had goofed up were sorted out in the later episodes. Such as why  Udiya Baba makes off  with Rudra in such a cavalier fashion. The Bishu backstory explains why he yields to that impulse,  and for all that it was irresponsible of him, it is at least understandable.

By the way, what is KB?

Shyamala

Originally posted by adiana12

Hi Shyamala, thanks for the pm. Yes I did watch all the epis last week but I also saw the shift from the previous week - The story is slowly biting the dust - I just have one lament - 'why, o why do we need our heroes to be perfect and walk on water?' - becoz that entire Ramayana sequence was just that - I honestly now wish that another KB rises for our television and film industry soon - atleast the story once again will become the hero, as it should 

Coolpree

Coolpree Senior Member
Coolpree
Coolpree

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Dear Shyamala, It is always a special sunday morning to wake up and read your insightful post with a hot cup of chai in hand.  As I said earlier I enjoyed last week a lot.  Today I relived the episodes with not a new but a  deeper  lens thanks to your post

You may have hit the pulse of the show ( until now at least)  With your descriptions of the        " Benaam Rishtey"  how apt and beautifully you have described the relationships of Rudra and both MaiMui as well as Udiya Baba.

You know well how I feel about the Poland scenes so I don't really feel so much about the relationships of Shivanand  et all.  

But yes one of the most poignant scenes was of the bruised, battered and vulnerable Polish Lady  battering her husband to death.  I am not in the least ashamed to say that as a woman I felt a certain sense of peace and even awe when I saw this scene.  This brings me to your quote below:
The Bible says: The mills of God grind slowly, but they grind exceeding small.   

It is one thing to have these sort of titbits in your arsenal and vocabulary but it takes a special skill to pull them out and use them as effectively as you have. Simply brilliant and very meaningful.

you take 5 is spot on. My top 2 are the RamLeela scene when Rudra carries Udiya baba out of the fire.  You very aptly said that it was as if Lord Ram himself  was present on those grounds.

The second scene was of Rudra reciting the shlokas  and  the naysayers folding their hands in reverence.  " Simple Power of Faith" as you so aptly put it.

Shyamala, My Nanimaa came from a small town adjacent to Ayodhya.  Needless to say I have witnessed this simple, unquestioning devotion first hand when we saw RamLeela's  in small town UP.  As a young, westernised, convent educated girl from Bombay, I did not get it then but I do now.  I could relate to these scenes completely
This show brought those memories flooding back.
Thank You!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyamelasingh

Coolpree Senior Member
Coolpree
Coolpree

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Shyamala I forgot to add another "Benaam Rishta" to your list that you may have missed out on: 
Maimuyi and  Udiya Baba.  Obviously platonic but very very effective I think .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ddsoapssashashyam

ghalibmirza IF-Sizzlerz
ghalibmirza
ghalibmirza

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 11:19am | IP Logged
shyamal another great analysis yet again! i m watching the show in bits and parts..in ff mode! i love this little boy siddhart but i know gautam will be as good..so lets see what happens with his entry!

sashashyam

Go to top