Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 5-8: Tangled skeins (Page 10)

jayaks02 IF-Dazzler
jayaks02
jayaks02

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 1:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

Yes, my dear, I did my Master's in Physics,  in nuclear physics to be precise, and to tell you the truth, I enjoyed it, and maths as well. But then, not having a taste for research, I made an about turn, appeared at the All India Civil Services exams, beat all the boys, and joined the Indian Foreign Service.

As for Mahakumbh, don't fret about catching up. There are only 4 episodes a week, not 6 as in Star Plus, so you will manage.  And you WILL do well in the practicals too.

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by Bamonforever

@ Ma'am, yes for now I'm kind off Missing-in-action but I'm trying keep in track of this serial only , I don't watch any thing else on TV any way. 
Problem is once writtens finish I feel like already done done n done lol.
You were a physics student Ma'am ?? That's awesome !! I always found the subject very tough though I some how managed to score good marks in HS n Joint entrance. It was bone breaking for me. 

WOW - Nuclear Physics . This is one of the most fascinating topics in Physics - That explains why your writing is always META.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mishtidoisashashyam

Lady_Macbeth IF-Stunnerz
Lady_Macbeth
Lady_Macbeth

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 1:21am | IP Logged

Yes, my dear, I did my Master's in Physics,  in nuclear physics to be precise, and to tell you the truth, I enjoyed it, and maths as well. But then, not having a taste for research, I made an about turn, appeared at the All India Civil Services exams, beat all the boys, and joined the Indian Foreign Service.

As for Mahakumbh, don't fret about catching up. There are only 4 episodes a week, not 6 as in Star Plus, so you will manage.  And you WILL do well in the practicals too.

Shyamala Di

@ Ma'am, yes for now I'm kind off Missing-in-action but I'm trying keep in track of this serial only , I don't watch any thing else on TV any way. 
You were a physics student Ma'am ?? That's awesome !! I always found the subject very tough though I some how managed to score good marks in HS n Joint entrance. It was bone breaking for me. 
Whoa Nuclear physics , like how freaking COOL is that ! Shocked ShockedCool Lol I absolutely loved maths n chemistry , but had to join medical due to family wish. Embarrassed Wow ma'am you were always pretty badass. Wink Unkle was one lucky guy surely. Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Coolpreejayaks02sashashyam

jayaks02 IF-Dazzler
jayaks02
jayaks02

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jayaks02

Shyamala Di

WOW - Nuclear Physics . This is one of the most fascinating topics in Physics - That explains why your writing is always META.

As an afterthought, again commending ( What a poor word here !!) you on your AIR Rank #1 in Civil Services. Beating the boys is good but in their own turf is BETTER. IAS/IFS is still considered a male bastion, I think ? Not sure.

Was watching some female focus program on CNBC TV18 and they interviewed a  lot of female achievers in Banking, Private sector, Public sector and IFS officers also. All of them had similar issues, may be the domains were different but issues are very similar. Quite understandably !!

Somewhere I had read a Diplomat is one who thinks twice before saying nothing.

I think for all your diplomatic years, you are talking to a lot of people and saying quite a few things !! Rock on, Akka . You are an inspiration, truly. Big smile

Again, I moved away from topic. Ouch

mishtidoisashashyam

kunchu IF-Dazzler
kunchu
kunchu

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 3:44am | IP Logged
Hi Aunty
The series by Lore was not on tv. It was a set of novels. Though it was related to set of aliens taking refuge in Earth it was also in a way set of some 9 it I'm not mistaken in it. And the evil behind them. A fantasy series still i used to love it. But the film adaptation on first book didnt look good enough
Seven was an exciting series. 
I will try to be active. But the time is the trouble. But you will find me here which wont be a surprise for you.
Yes i have read the first article by you too.
Take care n happy new year. I'm on my first trip to home  in this year.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 5:06am | IP Logged
On Sunday, my dear, positively. With my stiff knee. I cannot type it all at one stretch, that is why  it cannot be done any earlier, though I will try my best for Saturday evening.

The point you have noted struck me as well. Let me try and analyse that for you, and see if you agree with me.

Shyamala Aunty

[QUOTE=yurimehta11]Aunty when you upload written analysis of this week. So many things happened this week I am eager to read your take specially on old rudra Why he showed so much anger and violance[/QUOTE
]

yurimehta11Lady_Macbeth

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 5:09am | IP Logged
How nice for  you, my dear! Have a lot of fun at home before  you get back to the grind. And keep your fingers crossed for my knee to heal a little quicker than it is doing at present!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by kunchu

Hi Aunty
The series by Lore was not on tv. It was a set of novels. Though it was related to set of aliens taking refuge in Earth it was also in a way set of some 9 it I'm not mistaken in it. And the evil behind them. A fantasy series still i used to love it. But the film adaptation on first book didnt look good enough
Seven was an exciting series. 
I will try to be active. But the time is the trouble. But you will find me here which wont be a surprise for you.
Yes i have read the first article by you too.
Take care n happy new year. I'm on my first trip to home  in this year.
itsRitzi IF-Addictz
itsRitzi
itsRitzi

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 7:35am | IP Logged
So glad to see u here shyamala aunty 
And it was amazing reading your analysis 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much, my dear, and I too am delighted to have you back with me! I will PM you about my next weekly post, which I hope to put up tomorrow Sunday, and I would look forward to seeing your comments on it. Have you read my first week's post, Mahakumbh 1-4: The quest for immortality?

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by itsRitzi

So glad to see u here shyamala aunty 
And it was amazing reading your analysis 

Edited by sashashyam - 02 January 2015 at 8:50pm

Go to top