Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Best actor and actress to boycott all awards (Page 10)

ZorZorSe IF-Rockerz
ZorZorSe
ZorZorSe

Posted: 16 January 2015 at 6:59am | IP Logged
my question is really award matter for success of  Aamir?

Rekha_ji IF-Dazzler
Rekha_ji
Rekha_ji

Posted: 16 January 2015 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cougarTown

I know awards suck but why is kangana boycotting them? 
She is not in a position like aamir to do that

I know awards are shit but a filmfare best actress award multiplies your value..you become a bigger star..all i want is for that girl to go and take it..she has struggled and survived this long..want to see her career take a rise n unfortunately this award can help in that so please go n take before PC is given one who doesn't deserve it at all

It's not about being in a position to boycott the shows.

Amir stopped attending the Filmfare Awards because despite being nominated for Best Actor in 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 he did not win! Especially as "newcomer" SRK had already picked up several trophies. And with his Rangeela performance not winning anything he decided enough was enough of this bull.

Sadly, he won the following year for Raja Hindustani (1996) - but he was nowhere to be seen... Cry

-

As for Kangana... she used to attend all the time, she was there for her Best Supporting Actress win for Fashion in 2008. She also won Best Newcomer in 2006. I don't think she has much reason to boycott. I don't believe she said she will boycott, perhaps it's just speculation.

But although I loved her performance, there are 3 other VERY STRONG contenders in Priyanka, Rani, Alia.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 16 January 2015 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Filmfare has gotten better with the awards lately IMO. Aamir had justification to boycott the awards. Now he is just being pretentious. His ego is bigger than his head now. 

I don't know why Kangana is boycotting. She may not have had it easy in the industry, but she has never been overlooked. Her talent has been universally and critically acclaimed. It seems silly and whimsical of her. 

Leonardo Di Caprio - epitome of grace and sportsmanship. Never won an award, but is always there cheering enthusiastically for the winners. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rimi10archana.mh17ViccoTurmericTheJakeangrybreadMallika-E-Bhais

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 16 January 2015 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Aamir is right in boycotting awards. So are people like Ajay, Deols, Kangana, Emran, Salman and Akshay, Paresh Rawal, Naseeruddin Shah etc.
Infact the greatest thing Aamir has done in his career is to expose the hypocrisy and corruption in industry, especially politics in awards.

The other Khan hinted here is obviously SRK.LOL He will break Dilip Kumar's record of most best actor awards. But difference is one got awards, another bought many of them. 

Awards are just TV shows now. Stale. Same old acts, same old jokes and digs. Nowadays they invite TV actors also for more eyeballs. 

Public doesn't take them seriously. It is timepass viewing on weekends now. 

There are so many awards every weekend now that one doesn't even know them by name, can't even distinguish. 

They should start selling awards on vendors now. Like that Nana Patekar scene in Welcome where he is pushing a rehri and shouting Aloo le lo!LOL

Edited by atominis - 16 January 2015 at 9:05am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

KillStarPain-Arsal-adventurousmanOJ6.0raj80touch_of_pink2RsFanMallika-E-Bhais-chamkilli-Sharif.Badmaash

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 16 January 2015 at 9:09am | IP Logged
lol...amir won for raja hindustani?. thats worse than shah winning for hny.
atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 16 January 2015 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RashmiNM

When Aamir n Kangna dont bother about attending it n dont think highly of it, why will people give it to them? They openly talk about it as shit n expect people to give it to them... Kangana had said sometime back awards are a joke then why she needs to cry if she is not getting one... Isn't it disrespectful on her part to insult it... I dont even think this can be true considering the fact ki even Deepika knows she is not the deserving one for Best Actress this year n she wont be having any issues with it also... Its obvious they will give it to the one who respect it ya take it seriously...  

Awards are insulted because they had been biased for years. They forgot merit. Insulted talent and went for politics and manipulation. Hence most actors boycotted them. 

It is not like they don't get awards because they disrespect them. Since 90s awards have been disrespecting performers. It's not the other way round. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

adventurousman-Arsal-sunflower522RsFan

raj80 IF-Sizzlerz
raj80
raj80

Posted: 16 January 2015 at 9:23am | IP Logged
SRK won awards for DTPH that's even worse than Aamir winning for RH and that too when Kamal Hassan (Chahci 420) and Anil Kapoor (Virasat) were nominated in the same category LOL...

Edited by raj80 - 16 January 2015 at 9:23am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

adventurousman

angrybread IF-Sizzlerz
angrybread
angrybread

Posted: 16 January 2015 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Lol...every year when there is award shows season people start crying -  they are rigged, bought etc etc  and they start brining past years where of course other won over their favourites but then next year comes and again they go on and on about who will win LOLLOL BTW i am happy Shahid won this year- well deserved.
I watch awards for entertainment and they are worth it if entertainment is there for me . I don't take them seriously but in the end like everyone else if my favourites win then its double entertainment if not then they are blah...LOL

And those boycotting shouldn't be getting it because i hate it when names are announced and people are not there to take it.

Go to top