Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Part 3

All her cousins and Sourav had assembled. They had seen the office incident in the news. They had seen how Viraj Singh Rathore was being discussed like he was an object. All his past girlfriends, his parentage, his pain... All had become topics of gossip. One channel was running the headline: "Heartbreak, paralysis, betrayal: the tragedy of VSR's life"
They looked at Nisha with concern. They knew how deeply she cared for her boss.

Sourav started: "Nishu, I'm so glad that Shekhar sir was caught. We're so so proud..."

Nisha stopped him: "I haven't called you here to talk about my office troubles."

All the cousins were shocked. How could she think about anything else right now? They waited for her to continue.

"I have called you here to talk about... Myself." Nisha took a deep breath. She wasn't sure how her brothers would take it.

"I know this is a bit late... But nine years ago, at the pilani sports meet... " she looked at Dolly di and Jwala, they already knew..."at the meet, a few guys tried to... Rape me." She looked up to see their expressions. Dolly di and Jwala looked reassuring. Everyone else was in shock.

Sukku was the first to speak: "And you're telling us now?" His otherwise funny face looked murderous. "YOU'RE TELLING US NOW? WHO WERE THEY?"

Nisha sighed, "see, why I didn't tell you? Relax Sukku, I saved myself. They couldn't do anything. I don't know who they were. " Sukku didn't look convinced.

It was Kirti who spoke now, "how blah Nishu! I think Sukku's right. Those boys should be punished. And what do you mean couldn't do anything? Do you think we haven't noticed? The distance you maintain from guys... Your reluctance to do anything even remotely feminine..." Kirti was in tears now, she recalled how she had blamed Nisha for overreacting with Riteish... "You don't even let ME dress you up." She finished weakly. 

Nisha looked away. She didn't want to see Kirti more miserable. She squeezed Kirti's arm. "Yes, you're right. It did affect me. But it is not as bad, anymore. For a while I felt like I couldn't tolerate being female. I felt weak. I didn't want to be seen as a female by guys. I felt safer that way. Until I met Viraj sir. " 

Aman smiled at this. She just wished Viraj would let her near him. Nisha was the perfect remedy to his loneliness.

"But you still don't dress up. It's been a year since you confessed that you love him." Said Umesh. He wished he could have understood his little sister better.

Nisha replied, " just because I like him doesn't mean I'll turn from Dabangg to Heroine! There are all kinds of females, bhaiya. I find these clothes comfortable. I find make up cumbersome. But, if you remember, I did wear a suit at your wedding. And I danced, too. Very badly though. " 

All laughed a little.

She noticed Bunty crying silently. She frowned. She shouldn't have spoken about this in front of him. She hugged him tight.  

Sourav spoke up: "No Nisha, you did the right thing. Bunty is old enough now. He needs to learn." 

Nisha looked at Sourav with tears in her eyes. This is why he was her best friend. He always stood by her without asking questions. He always understood. Sometimes he played along even when he didn't understand.

Suddenly Sourav asked, " But you were never too awkward with me...?" He raised an eyebrow. 

Nisha smacked him. "because you're as good as a cousin to me. How's Sneha by the way?" Nisha winked at him.

All laughed again, a little more freely this time. It was good to see Nisha comfortable in her own skin. 

Aman walked up to her... she couldn't put it off any further -"Nishu have you seen the news? I think Viraj bhaiya needs you right now."

Edited by _UptoNoGood_ - 9 years ago
Laila132 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great update! I like how Nisha didn't change drastically and all of her cousins reactions. Keep it up, I'm eagerly awaiting the next update! X
RatiKoni thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nice update! Love the way the story is going 😃
oh.petite.one thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
great chapters so far ⭐️
IlaTanwar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i m just thinking about VSR anyway its good the cousins know about it
_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Part 4
Viraj had never felt worse. His life was being laid bare on national television... all his weaknesses being discussed in detail. Buaji was one of the guest speakers..  "Oh my my the amount of pain that my child has gone through is unfathomable. Sometimes he used to get so angry that he didn't even let Priyanka and I near himself. He spoke so harshly to Priyanka sometimes without realising that she is the only family he has. Poor poor kid. We're always with you beta." She purred. Viraj couldn't believe he'd wanted to maintain cordial relations with that fake, sadistic woman. What had he been thinking?

He threw the remote at the TV screen hard, breaking it. He couldn't take it anymore.He sank down to the floor and stared blankly at the wall across the room.

At her home Nisha was in tears. She shuddered to imagine Viraj's state. She knew all there was to know about him, yet seeing his life being dissected on TV was an ordeal. The man who was her strength was being labelled as weak. No, he didn't deserve this.

Her cousins and parents were observing her. Lakshmi looked extremely worried. She didn't know what to say. Ramesh too was shocked that he couldn't understand how sick Gayathri was. He had believed her lies about Viraj. He had almost stopped Nisha from realising her dream. Most of all he regretted judging Viraj without realising how much he'd been through.

Ramesh placed his hand on Nisha's shoulder, " I think you should go to him." Nisha squeezed his hand and nodded. She knew she should but she wasn't sure what she'd say to him. Viraj didn't speak to her much after he found out that she was the EWF. She still remembered the hurt in his eyes. He hadn't said much but she didn't know if he still considered her a friend.

She didn't know if he considered anyone a friend. This thought spurred her into action. 
She raced out.

She couldn't allow Viraj to think that way. It didn't matter if he didn't love her. Her love was enough. She didn't care if Viraj didn't trust her immediately. She'd let him test her. She had decided. It didn't matter if she couldn't be the love if his life. She would make sure that she was his friend for life. She just wanted be whatever he needed her to be.

Suddenly she stopped, she recalled what Shekhar had said that morning, Viraj pitied her... No, she couldn't let Shekhar mess with her head. 

Besides, this wasn't the time. She knew how it felt, the fear of being weak... No one deserved to feel that way. Definitely not Viraj. She continued to Viraj's place.

Edited by _UptoNoGood_ - 9 years ago
caller123 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
wow great!  Thanks for updating..
eshasrk thumbnail
Wow awesome update again...am curious to know how Viraj will react seeing Nisha. Plsss update soon
rocking_bhawna thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nyc update...plz cont soon.
davearcha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Wow! its awesome.. Loved it :)