Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I have Had One Night Stand (Page 11)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

RTH: "Attacking the argument sans the person" is possible only in a pre-ordained debate setting. In casual surroundings, people will react with snarky personal comments. It might be unfair, but that's the way it is.

It may be the way it is. However, I view all issues as an opportunity to have a civil debate. I can try steering towards the civil debate. In the end it is up to people whether they wish to follow or not. 

Originally posted by krystal_watz

Plus, if we are attacked personally, we will attack back. Its not a "wrong" thing to do. Sunny's comments might have touched a nerve with many people, lot of people took it personally and its nothing wrong if they hit back.

I disagree here. A personal judgmental attack is wrong, irrespective of who started it first. Yes, when a raw nerve is touched we all hit back personally. That doesn't make it right. That doesn't mean we cannot step back later and approach it in a better way. Again, there is no compulsion. People have the choice to fight clean and fair or fight dirty. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

silent_readerMallika-E-Bhais

Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 9:01am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

QueenExpression

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Quixotic5

What is all this fuss about valid/invalid/logical/illogical ?? Confused Confused

It is the essence of any argument. 

May be according to you the mention of her po*n past is illogical/invalid but for the rest of us it is not.. let me try & we ll see if you can grasp the logic in there - Sunny made a generalized statement about a "sexual act/behavior" , Sunny's po*n past obviously included (varieties of) "sexual acts"  , therefore the logic behind those funny retorts relate to the common element here - 'sexual acts'.. 

The assumptions that sexual acts done by a person professionally as a po*n star or prostitute is something that dictates their actual sexual behavior is fallacious.

Also all sexual acts cannot be compared. That is like saying if you enjoy cunnilingus, you will enjoy anal because at the core of it all, it is just a sex act. 

I see & I understand that few over sensitive people could get offended by it ( i sincerely hope Sunny isn't one among them LOL  ) but how on earth does it even remotely qualify as illogical/invalid ? Confused .. Now isn't that a "hyperbole" ? Tongue./QUOTE]

There is no reasonable link between po*nography and Sunny's statements. 

[QUOTE=Quixotic5]About the offensive element in the retorts , like i said , i for one didn't see anything of that sort , i mean just look at Sunny's statements , it seems she was in a funny/jolly mood while making those statements, fully aware of what she was inviting & wouldn't be offended by any of it , you can continue to take offence as you please but you ll have to excuse the rest of the folks who dont agree with her statements & dont mind engaging in harmless banter on IF..

Not denying anyone the right to be offended or upset or criticize. Just saying attack the statement, not the person. 

Look ,i would have understood the offensive element in the retorts had there been no logic between her statements & the retorts , like for example if she gives out work out tips to stay fit & people immediately attack her past ( mind you i said attack , i still wouldn't mind the mention of her past in some witty-sarcastic comments coz those comments can be  retorted similarly if they are indeed offensive ), then clearly it qualifies as 'offensive' , but given the context of her current statements , i dont think there is anything to be offended about .. Smile   

I still don't see a link. 

However, demanding a special treatment for Sunny owing to her ex-po*nstar tag ain't gonna work.. your intentions in this case end up being oxymoron on so many levels ( things mentioned by me in my earlier post included ) ..   

Not demanding any special treatment for Sunny. The same principle applies to every celebrity and every member. Attack the argument, not the person. 
Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:19am | IP Logged

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:31am | IP Logged

^^ Lets just agree to disagree..  

Fair enough. 

I say the argument is invalid. You say the argument is valid and my rationale doesn't follow. 

I agree with your agreement to disagree. I can live with differences as long as its about the argument. LOL

Edited by return_to_hades - 31 December 2014 at 10:29am
krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Edit.

Edited by krystal_watz - 01 January 2015 at 12:37am
Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:01am | IP Logged

silent_reader Goldie

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:03am | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Chameli_billiOJ6.0Scorpio_Velvet

Go to top