Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Yea I figured. That's why her statement sounds outrageous. Otherwise, if you keep in mind the fact that she grew up abroad AND had a very wild teenage/young adult life, her statement makes sense.πŸ˜†

well i am no one to comment about how many % of people in abroad would have done that..but yes,the percentage is very less in india and its not because sex is a taboo..people do have sex in india as well but its with their boyfriend/girlfriend...and i guess it has a lot to do with the moral values..😊

i am proud to be an indian!!(Atleast in this case)πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by Sahirkhan

well i am no one to comment about how many % of people in abroad would have done that..but yes,the percentage is very less in india and its not because sex is a taboo..people do have sex in india as well but its with their boyfriend/girlfriend...and i guess it has a lot to do with the moral values..😊

i am proud to be an indian!!(Atleast in this case)πŸ˜‰

Of course sex is not taboo in India. I mean look at the population growth rate.πŸ˜† I meant talking about it is taboo, since it's still a fairly conservative country at the end of the day. Aamir Khan's condom scene from PK comes to mind, right now.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by Dexterkilaila - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Of course sex is not taboo in India. I mean look at the population growth rate.πŸ˜† I meant talking about it is taboo, since it's still a fairly conservative country at the end of the day. Aamir Khan's condom scene from PK comes to mind, right now.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

you're definately not born and brought up in india...right??...things in metro cities like delhi,mumbai are changing drastically...people are becoming open about thier sex life😳...but i feel even if talking about sex remains as a taboo,its still fine as long as people are getting to have sexπŸ˜†
Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

And what Sunny said wasn't entirely wrong. Yes, she might've been exaggerating by saying "everyone",  but a lot of people do have flings & affairs & ONs , more than they let on. Esp in a country like India. 

I think people are missing the hyperbole. 

I didn't read Sunny's statement as a factual statement. I read it more like "one night stands are much more common than we think they are." Which is true. I think most people tend to hide or deny their one night stand, especially if it was a youthful mistake they regret a lot. I think we all use exaggerations like "everyone/everything/literally" etc to emphasize something larger than known proportion. 
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I think people are missing the hyperbole. 

I didn't read Sunny's statement as a factual statement. I read it more like "one night stands are much more common than we think they are." Which is true. I think most people tend to hide or deny their one night stand, especially if it was a youthful mistake they regret a lot. I think we all use exaggerations like "everyone/everything/literally" etc to emphasize something larger than known proportion. 

Uh yes,that is exactly what I said too. I read  it the same way.

People in India, even I, who has lived abroad for a significant amount of time, travelled a lot & I live in the capital of the country, I can see how restrained people are when it comes to talking about sex or their sex lives. Yes. Things HAVE drastically changed. The younger generation is far more accepting, open & communicative, but people do tend to judge ONs, flings & affairs. However "open-minded" people are, there is a culture of deep hypocrisy & shame when it comes to sex, in India.

Seeing it in that light, I don't think Sunny said anything wrong AT ALL. 
Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 9 years ago

^^ Well what "light" we see it in is largely determined by what kind of " moral high horse " we are riding on.. it is very easy to wiggle out of certain statements by making such excuses.. Sunny can still be spared completely if she was talking to the "western media" (which she wasnt i think) but posting it on Bollywood Section , do you really expect  people to 100% agree with what she said.. when people talk about "bigotary" they often fail to understand that it goes both ways .. being "cool" & 'progressive" for the sake of it does not make you one.. her generalized statement will have people disagreeing with her & there will ALWAYS be people who judge & disagree with people who disagree with such statements .. now who is to say who is right & who is wrong ?.. narrow mindedness is a two way street people..  

Even if , say she was going for a 'hyporbole' here , do you really think her statements wouldnt attract criticism given the context of her statements ?...are people wrong in criticizing this particular hyperbole ? 
Edited by Quixotic5 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Quixotic5

^^ Well what "light" we see it in is largely determined by what kind of " moral high horse " we are riding on.. it is very easy to wiggle out of certain statements by making such excuses.. Sunny can still be spared completely if she was talking to the "western media" (which she wasnt i think) but posting it on Bollywood Section , do you really expect  people to 100% agree with what she said.. when people talk about "bigotary" they often fail to understand that it goes both ways .. being "cool" & 'progressive" for the sake of it does not make you one.. her generalized statement will have people disagreeing with her & there will ALWAYS be people who judge & disagree with people who disagree with such statements .. now who is to say who is right & who is wrong ?.. narrow mindedness is a two way street people..  

Even if , say she was going for a 'hyporbole' here , do you really think her statements wouldnt attract criticism given the context of her statements ?...are people wrong in criticizing this particular hyperbole ? 

That is the entire point. Am not talking about hypebole, or her exaggeration. And perception, only reveals thought process. I am only saying that to jump on her for being an actress in adult movies is terrible & adopting a moral high-ground is wrong too. 

No, she was talking to the Indian media. It isn't about moral  high horses now, or *bigotry, or *hyperbole or "criticism."

One can criticize saying that this is opposite to their value system, etc etc but to jump on her for being an actress in adult films, is ridiculous. 

That reveals far more about thought process & "narrow-nindedness" than Sunny's statement, IMHO.
Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

That is the entire point. Am not talking about hypebole, or her exaggeration. And perception, only reveals thought process. I am only saying that to jump on her for being an actress in adult movies is terrible & adopting a moral high-ground is wrong too. 

No, she was talking to the Indian media. It isn't about moral  high horses now, or *bigotry, or *hyperbole or "criticism."

One can criticize saying that this is opposite to their value system, etc etc but to jump on her for being an actress in adult films, is ridiculous. 

That reveals far more about thought process & "narrow-nindedness" than Sunny's statement, IMHO.

Fair enough..

But i think people should consider the fact that Sunny's "statement"  included calling people 'liars', hyperbole notwithstanding .. so given the context of her statement , a "hyperbolic" retort in justification of her statement is not totally unjustified either.. 

People here have been defending Sunny's statement by taking a refuge under hyperbole , so by the same logic , people who criticized Sunny's statement too can take a refuge under hyperbole.. the mention of her past was simply a "hyperbole" & nothing more ..Sunny is cool with her past & so are Indian people , the fact that she has been accepted with open arms says it all.. but if she makes certain statements that sound out of place & funny then a retort in similar fashion too is expected.. i dont think Sunny would mind either .. its the people here who get carried away in their sense of "righteousness" that they failed to see two sides of the coin.. 

Speaking for myself , i think Sunny's po*n past would have actually decreased her chances of ONS & i had my own brand of logic to support my statement  117767555  , ergo , i for one find the mention of Sunny's po*n past in this context "hyperbolic" , just a funny retort , thats all , nothing to be offended about .. 

Edited by Quixotic5 - 9 years ago
Maybe by "everyone", she means everyone in the po*n industry πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Sharpener

Maybe by "everyone", she means everyone in the po*n industry πŸ˜†

How DARE you SCOFF at her po*n past ??!! πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜†