Bigg Boss 8

India-Forums

Bigg Boss 8
Bigg Boss 8

If you call THAT fat then Im Barack Obama.

TheBoss IF-Sizzlerz
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
This topic isn't about Sonali but BiggBoss obsession with skinniness. I tried to wrap my head around it but for the life of me I could not find any obesity with Sonali. In fact her posture is very much on the slimmer side than what used to be even 10 years ago with her counterparts in the industry. 

Im not sure what's up with BigBoss and their unhealthy obsession with Sonali's fitness but they are sending a very, very wrong message to the masses. As if the increased competition with photo-shopping and dangerous dieting and anorexia wasn't enough, this will further drive some girls into more image conscious frenzy.

The powers that be should cease & desist such dangerous obsession with skinniness and making it the center of its attention for the show as evidently clear from the past week with repeated references to her weight. If I were them I would be very careful in what kind of precedent Im setting here.  The media has a certain responsibility in ensuring that they are sending the right message to the masses.

This isnt one of them. Ermm

Edited by TheBoss - 27 December 2014 at 9:00pm

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

SandreneGreenedevsriyapp29Prishasays-.Merit.-princessriyajizzy_Akira_katherine123Annie-Ami_VrushanSree.bMehakphoolIlovemskpawancoolPoriprincessjojoWorldYatrimahiyaKwerkypieryroseLitleMissMuffet-AAMIRnSHERRY-carisma2-BerryCharm-Downhill

Prishasays Senior Member
Prishasays
Prishasays

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
I think what they r referring to is that she is looking healthier now than when she came into the house..n for a model/actress apparently it's a big No...coz camera n videos can be unforgiving..n also the kind of clothes she wears..u need a more toned physique to pull them off..I absolutely disagree with this reasoning personally coz ..firstly, ur entertainment career is as such very short-lived..but during that short span of time u can totally ruin ur health by going on crash diets n the after- effects could be life long..however..I hope the girls opt for a more fit lifestyle..proper diet, exercise and sleep rotinue..
ALSO.. I'm so not liking the smoking habits of these women on the shows..n for that matter men too..if that is a technique for staying slim..it is so wrong...coz it could take gr8 will-power to quit...n by showing this on Television..isn't Biggboss encouraging a hippie lifestyle? Well just my take on it..no offence meant ..its a free world..n I ain't preaching..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBoss

TheBoss IF-Sizzlerz
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
So you mean to say by healthy they mean the old adage "khaate peete ghar ki sehat mand ladki"? LOL  LOL
I definitely agree that the stick thin obsession has deeply rooted itself into the present mindset and such stupid highlighting only bolsters that sentiment. To be honest I think she will look better gaining a few pounds instead of losing some.

As for smoking its a big no no, many other healthier ways to losing weight. Besides I pity not just the smokers but the second hand smoke is more dangerous.
Doodh_Ki_Dhuli IF-Dazzler
Doodh_Ki_Dhuli
Doodh_Ki_Dhuli

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
LOL its hilarious certain user(s) in here describe her as "morbidly obese cow" "fat as a hippo" etc etc.. along with other colorful adjectives..then the same "people" say some very OTT way to bash her, making it sound like some sort of a personal vendetta... 
almost makes me wonder if they're doing this as a reverse psychology.. but no maybe someone who looked like her stole their lunch in elementary school who knows LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PrishasaysMehakphoolgangnamstyleKwerkyWorldYatriLove-u-allTheBoss

TheBoss IF-Sizzlerz
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SatiSavitri

LOL its hilarious certain user(s) in here describe her as "morbidly obese cow" "fat as a hippo" etc etc.. along with other colorful adjectives..then the same "people" say some very OTT way to bash her, making it sound like some sort of a personal vendetta... 
almost makes me wonder if they're doing this as a reverse psychology.. but no maybe someone who looked like her stole their lunch in elementary school who knows LOL

I haven't seen the comments as I have recently joined it but I bet you my dollar to donuts that Sonali Raut is slimmer than most of the females they have come across in their life generally. A girl the size of Sonali is considered petite by all definitions not morbidly obese. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

banker008reddy123456Doodh_Ki_DhuligangnamstyleWorldYatri

Prishasays Senior Member
Prishasays
Prishasays

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheBoss

So you mean to say by healthy they mean the old adage "khaate peete ghar ki sehat mand ladki"? LOL  LOL
I definitely agree that the stick thin obsession has deeply rooted itself into the present mindset and such stupid highlighting only bolsters that sentiment. To be honest I think she will look better gaining a few pounds instead of losing some.

As for smoking its a big no no, many other healthier ways to losing weight. Besides I pity not just the smokers but the second hand smoke is more dangerous.
Yep that's exactly what I mean..just Dint get the Hindi words..haha..but TBH I don't think any girl wants to be called KHAATE PEETE GHAR KI LADKI ..leave alone TV stars..there is nothing like too thin anymore..sad but true! I'm sure most girls here will accept the factSmile
Doodh_Ki_Dhuli IF-Dazzler
Doodh_Ki_Dhuli
Doodh_Ki_Dhuli

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
i also read in here that she looks 45 yo and is morbidly obese .. LOL
i was thinking

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PrishasaysKwerkyWorldYatriTheBoss

TheBoss IF-Sizzlerz
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 8:45pm | IP Logged