Suhani Si Ek Ladki

India-Forums

Suhani Si Ek Ladki
Suhani Si Ek Ladki

Why would Dadi want someone like Souyma? (Page 3)

naam-ada-likhna Senior Member
naam-ada-likhna
naam-ada-likhna

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Soumya doesnt have a mind of her own and Dadi knows that. Menka is very innocent and she doesnt think if its good or bad, she just flows with the current. Rag on the other hand, has a brain but fights to be no. 1, Dadi being the head of the family, she wants to be her favorite and will do anything for it. Being Dadi favorite  is being no.1 in the Birla house. Soumya  yes Dadi ji yes Dadi ji type. She could easily be molded into anything Dadi wants. 

Another reason is beauty. Birla family is know for it beauty. Fair skin is like a blank canvas, you could decorative it with anything to make it look good. Darker skin is a bit difficult, you have to worry was looks good or doesnt. Another reason Suhani doesnt like dressing up or trying to look good. I get she is simple but sometimes you need to make some sacrifices. I know she is uncomfortable but try slow at first, like wearing her hair a certain way, baby steps. Soumya on the other hand, dresses up and tries to look her best everyday, her hair, new style.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jhansijhansiParm.Shinning_ADrbb1

Parm. IF-Rockerz
Parm.
Parm.

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clarity

Look, the sad truth is that Dadi doesn't give two hoots about a person's character/personality. All Dadi cares about is beauty and status.

For her, only superficial qualities like fair skin, beauty, riches matter. She doesn't care much about relationship dynamics, people's happiness, their virtues etc.

What is Dadi's sole reason for thinking that Soumya is right for Yuvraj? Just that she is beautiful, therefore Yuvraj and her will make a "good" match. For her, "good" means they will be a couple that will be socially appreciated and feted. Anything that Dadi likes is usually a pawn in the game of raising the status of the Birlas. She feels a beautiful DIL like Soumya will raise their status in society. That is her only concern.

Otherwise, she wouldn't be so fond of RagMen, despite knowing the rotten personalities they have. Dadi is a status-obsessed crone who can't see Suhani's goodness, because she doesn't value that in the least, since it doesn't add to the Birlas' status.

100% agree with you.   As far as Dadi is considered status is all that matters.   All her actions thus far have shown that, including that bust she had made of herself and all her posing in front of her friends.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

clarity

Parm. IF-Rockerz
Parm.
Parm.

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aarti_16

Originally posted by Parm.

It is so hard to understand dadi. Her character is weird. She once said that she likes Soumya because she listens to her and follows her. Whereas Suhani doesn't. More than fair and beauty, I think dadi likes that she can control Soumya's thought process.

Very true.   But that's after she already wanted her for Yuvraj because of looks.   If you recall in the beginning of the show, Dadi tried to change Suhani to "look" better as per her and had Suhani done that perhaps Dadi would have accepted her to some extent and not bothered with Souyma.   So because Suhani did what she wanted and not what Dadi wanted that got her in Dadi's bad books.   Plus it looks like everyone in that house jumps when Dadi says jump and since Somu falls in that category it's better for her to be approved by Dadi ontop of being "fair skinned".

Dadi loves fair skin, beauty, money and control over others. Suhani has none of these, so she never stood a chance in dadi's good books. Even Pratima is not liked by dadi despite being beautiful and fair. Suhani apart from her looks has an independent mind and does/will do what she wants to. Which is a threat to dadi's power in Birla House because no one does anything against her wishes.

Soumya fits in everything dadi wants in a bahu, like beauty, color and following all her directions. I don't think she even cares to find out what Yuvraj wants now.

I don't think Dadi would have ever accepted Suhani 100% but I think she may have tolerated her better had she done the beauty treatments she wanted her to do from the beginning.   Even after she refused to wear the skin lighting cream, Dadi brought in those beauticians who made Suhani look gorgeous, even Dadi was impressed but once again Suhani went and ruined her whole make/up attire because she wanted to be herself (I have nothing against this and think everyone should have the right to dress in what they are comfortable in) but again, had she done that Dadi may have tolerated her and not tried to get her out of the house like she is now.

As for Somu?   She fits everything that Dadi wants, including being a mindless robot.LOL
Parm. IF-Rockerz
Parm.
Parm.

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clarity

It is so hard to understand dadi. Her character is weird. She once said that she likes Soumya because she listens to her and follows her. Whereas Suhani doesn't. More than fair and beauty, I think dadi likes that she can control Soumya's thought process.

Very true.   But that's after she already wanted her for Yuvraj because of looks.   If you recall in the beginning of the show, Dadi tried to change Suhani to "look" better as per her and had Suhani done that perhaps Dadi would have accepted her to some extent and not bothered with Souyma.   So because Suhani did what she wanted and not what Dadi wanted that got her in Dadi's bad books.   Plus it looks like everyone in that house jumps when Dadi says jump and since Somu falls in that category it's better for her to be approved by Dadi ontop of being "fair skinned".

Dadi loves fair skin, beauty, money and control over others. Suhani has none of these, so she never stood a chance in dadi's good books. Even Pratima is not liked by dadi despite being beautiful and fair. Suhani apart from her looks has an independent mind and does/will do what she wants to. Which is a threat to dadi's power in Birla House because no one does anything against her wishes.

Soumya fits in everything dadi wants in a bahu, like beauty, color and following all her directions. I don't think she even cares to find out what Yuvraj wants now.

@Bold- Yes, if Soumya were a rebellious girl with a mind of her own, Dadi would absolutely hate her. You hit the nail right on the head with this point. If Suhani were willing to get a makeover and become the fair bahu that Dadi wants, she would accept her wholeheartedly.

Dadi is a control freak who wants to have an infallible grip over the lives of every member of the Birla household. Look at the way she humiliates Pratima in front of her kids- that is a way for her to exert her power as the Birla matriarch.

She is a narcissist who is satisfied with total and utter control over others.

Perfect word to describe dadi!Thumbs Up

Narcissist = Dadi

clarity

Parm. IF-Rockerz
Parm.
Parm.

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandiab

I agree with Mahabhootni that souyma is just a means to an end for dadi and that is that she just wants suhani gone. Bt also I dnt know she seems to geniunely like souyma if u think ab it she shows a certain tenderness to her that she doesn't show to Rag-Men quite frankly if she could get those 2 woman out I think she would joyfully do it. She wants partners for her grandsons who are obedient and who her boys can dominate. Maybe she thinks coz she is influencing somu that she is unlike the other 2. Plus she knows that the other 2 even though they want to be her fav know hw she really is souyma is abit like yuvraj thinking her shit doesn't smell lol. Bt she seems to be very taken in by souyma's nature aka her knowing ab health and beauty. Bt rags is no less than souyma she is in fact 10 times more beautiful than MRs Fungliness there and knows all the things she knows so I dnt get why this 1 is her fav maybe coz of Yuvraj.

@bold:   I think it's an act Sandia and I think she does it to manipulate Souyma into doing and thinking what she wants her too.   Once again, a mindless robot and Dadi is the master programmer!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sandiabclarity

clarity IF-Sizzlerz
clarity
clarity

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 5:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sandiab

I agree with Mahabhootni that souyma is just a means to an end for dadi and that is that she just wants suhani gone. Bt also I dnt know she seems to geniunely like souyma if u think ab it she shows a certain tenderness to her that she doesn't show to Rag-Men quite frankly if she could get those 2 woman out I think she would joyfully do it. She wants partners for her grandsons who are obedient and who her boys can dominate. Maybe she thinks coz she is influencing somu that she is unlike the other 2. Plus she knows that the other 2 even though they want to be her fav know hw she really is souyma is abit like yuvraj thinking her shit doesn't smell lol. Bt she seems to be very taken in by souyma's nature aka her knowing ab health and beauty. Bt rags is no less than souyma she is in fact 10 times more beautiful than MRs Fungliness there and knows all the things she knows so I dnt get why this 1 is her fav maybe coz of Yuvraj.

@bold:   I think it's an act Sandia and I think she does it to manipulate Souyma into doing and thinking what she wants her too.   Once again, a mindless robot and Dadi is the master programmer!

Agree with Parm on the tenderness part.

@Sandi- If you look at Dadi's scheming, ever since Soumya came to Birla House,she has been constructing scenarios wherein Soumya falls for Yuvraj or sees the lack of romance between YuvAni. So, right now Dadi is not being herself in front of Soumya- she is just trying to paint a rosy picture of Birla House in front of Soumya so that she regrets saying no to Yuvraj. Dadi has not completely unveiled her vicious side to Somu yet. She is deceiving her into thinking she's a nice person in order to entice her. So, I do think that the tenderness is just a front to bring her into the Birla fold, of course, like you said, the fact that Yuvraj is her favourite also is a big cause of her treatment of Soumya. After all, nothing but the "best" for Yuvraj, right?
SleepyThumbs Down

Edited by clarity - 29 December 2014 at 5:21am

Parm.

sweetie-cutie Senior Member

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 5:33am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jhansijhansiParm.

Go to top