Zee Marathi

India-Forums

Zee Marathi
Zee Marathi

Julun Yeti... (JYRG) Thread No.7 (Page 120)

.Neela. Goldie
.Neela.
.Neela.

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Alpha20

My post might be a little late in the discussion, but I feel a need to put facts straight. Having lived and worked in the US for almost two decades, I must say that married individuals who are true to their spouses behave just like the ones in India. Even if we work late or travel they maintain respectable distance: there is absolutely no physical contact, not even a "Tali" in agreement. I can't even imagine a situation where I would be dropped off on a bike by my male colleague. Even If it is late, No one comes to drop me to my car in the parking structure.
So to say that Western culture accepts such proximity between two married individuals, is just wrong . With Two unmarried people, there are no boundaries.

Perfectly said @alpha20, thanks for that much needed clarificationThumbs Up . I agree. -  None of that happens in the US and my experience is also from INdia Smile.  Perhaps I should have set the perspective of the Western world also, which I had mentioned on the HSM forum couple of times.  And why even married, even the committed folks behave the same. I have worked in both academic and Corporate world in the US for 14 years now and barring 1-2 instances where managers have shown the generosity to have a cab arranged to ensure we reach home safely, no one has offered lifts. In fact, on the rare occasions that  I get late, my husband comes to pick me up.  But yes, in NYC, colleagues who commute by subways / train, if they leave at the same time and happen to take the same trains / buses they do walk together and that does not happen planned. I would not take that as odd.  People who commute from NJ to NYC have car pools and I have known folks who have worked these out successfully for years.  I don't think their wives have doubted them / society has gotten into gossips. (PS: Car pool =3 or 3+ Big smile).  

And about the society whose eyes and brains are open AND who have the time in this world to comment on others...I just wish this society had folks who wear the same glasses for others kids and their own kids.  Have seen quite a few like that and I just stopped caring after that.  Haven't serials like UMZ and movies like OMG shown the same?  The people who claim to set the rules when it comes to them, are the biggest hypocrits.  DO these people come forward to help the girls who become victims?  NOpe, but these same people are at the forefront when it comes to keeping names to the affected girl.  If they really acted the way they preached, there wouldn't have been pregnant widows in a society that made them wear the red alvan (UMZ had such an incidence). So, I personally care for those whose opinion matters the most to me Smile.  

And of the 10+ years that I commuted by bus in Pune (changing 2-3 buses each direction), if I took help from my colleagues less than 1% of the times, I don't think I took advantage of being a woman / fell weak as a woman Smile

Coming to the serial world...I agree with Mishkil, why does a secretary need to stay with her boss when she does not contribute anything to the meetings / his work.  This is clearly CVs fault.  Just for the sake of stretching a story they should not show meaningless plots stretched forever.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chammakchallo12vidya0906-Zoey-

Sayali_23 IF-Rockerz
Sayali_23
Sayali_23

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 11:10am | IP Logged
@ CC 
Nehami pramane apratim post...

@Kamal Kaka... 
tumacha ekala baraka Aditya ne...Wink.. MANDIT doka theun zhopala tohhh...LOL

Note : MADIT muddamun lihile ahe... tari mazha marathi kaccha hae asa smaju nayee...Approve

Edited by Smiley_23 - 10 January 2015 at 11:32am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamy123chammakchallo12

kamalsh56 IF-Rockerz
kamalsh56
kamalsh56

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Smiley_23

tumacha ekala baraka Aditya ne...Wink.. MANDIT doka theun zhopala tohhh...LOL

@Smiley, Probably telepathy! Pillow'cha correct upyog jhala kal Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chammakchallo12DiscoDhokla

kamalsh56 IF-Rockerz
kamalsh56
kamalsh56

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Mala tari vatla ki ti asa mhantaye " Majha tar tujhya var poorna vishwas aahey;tyamooley tya vishayavar ugich charcha karun vel vaaya ghalavnyat kaaye upyog

@CC, Exactly. Both of them have gone through such a tough agnipariksha that the bonds between them cannot be broken by any silly incident like a girl taking a ride on his bike.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chammakchallo12JaniBandevidya0906-Zoey-

DiscoDhokla IF-Rockerz
DiscoDhokla
DiscoDhokla

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JaniBande

Originally posted by -Zoey-

Originally posted by Nachiketj

Wow ha varcha banner change jhala ka? I noticed jst now...
Nachiket, First of all Congo for becoming senior member. I think, you are the fastest JYRGian to gain that status here. Clap
Good to know banner is up.For that banner contest only I was referring to earlier that I was runner up.The new banner is Awesome and it looks more when it gives more weightage to JYRG Wink
Btw, looks like it's not visible on mobile. Confused

@zoey- can u please explain this banner thing? i dont understand.
mala tar laptop varti pan nahi disat bannerCry
DiscoDhokla IF-Rockerz
DiscoDhokla
DiscoDhokla

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
@zoey congrats re Hug
just saw the results.

But i do not like the fact jyrg has got more weightage to jyrg (no offece and pls don't pounce on me) I just believe in equality. All the shows should get equal weightage i believe.

p.s: its solely a personal opinion 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906

ilovecrepes IF-Sizzlerz
ilovecrepes
ilovecrepes

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Lovely banner. .
about weight stuff..it's just dat jyrg pic looks brighter dan rest I guess

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chammakchallo12vidya0906Nachiketj

Nachiketj IF-Sizzlerz
Nachiketj
Nachiketj

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiscoDhokla

@zoey congrats re Hug
just saw the results.

But i do not like the fact jyrg has got more weightage to jyrg (no offece and pls don't pounce on me) I just believe in equality. All the shows should get equal weightage i believe.

p.s: its solely a personal opinion 

DD kuthe tari JYRG la jasti weightage miltay tar milu de na...rest everywhere I've seen tht other show getting mre weightage.

P.S my personal opinion Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

chammakchallo12JaniBandevidya0906kamalsh56..Kimi..

Go to top