The Teens in this Show - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
This post is probably one of the best I've read with regards to the kids.
And calling Nishi a diva had me ROFLing for a second.🤣

Most of the kids are such ungrateful brats. Yaar, your parents have given you everything they could, appreciate them once! The part where Nishi thanks her father and her 'fui' at her engagement ceremony irked me so much. Even a passing mention of her mother would have sufficed. But it was in complete bad taste, her not even thinking about Ragini at that moment.

Also, none of the kids have abandonment issues. God, your parent left you, without bothering to stay in touch or even bothering to see how you are doing (Sorry, some stupid DEAL is no reason not to see your kids), even then these kids are all like 'Need to meet, papa/mom'. I get it, the curiosity of meeting your parent, of knowing what the other half of your gene pool is like. But perhaps showing some angst at being abandoned for a huge chunk of your life is fully justified.
@ TM i don't quite agree. Nishi is the mirror image of most teenage girls. Rather I find Suhani a little unreal. So much sweetness. . . & it's not like Nishi is selfish. She's just a little impatient and takes rash decisions like running away with Jignesh but returning back home as soon as she realized her mistake. Like feeling all excited to give Aarav the surprise birthday party. I think she's totally normal and only a little demanding which is totally acceptable.
We cant compare American teenager with an indian teenager!. Here in India teens are expected to study and get good marks. That's it. And what is wrong if aarav asks for a birthday party? When Ragini is able to do a weeding which has so many functions why cant she afford a small birthday party. Coming to marriage at 18 its like any tipical show. In every soap a girl gets marriared at 18 or 23. These figures never change.Edited by vyshhh - 9 years ago
Originally posted by vyshhh

We cant compare American teenager with an indian teenager!. Here in India teens are expected to study and get good marks. That's it. And what is wrong if aarav asks for a birthday party? When Ragini is able to do a weeding which has so many functions why cant she afford a small birthday party. Coming to marriage at 18 its like any tipical show. In every soap a girl gets marriared at 18 or 23. These figures never change.

The question is not about the Birthday Party for that ungrateful git, it is about the timing.

Nishi's wedding is round the corner and for any middle class family, a daughter's marriage is a huge financial commitment. And to top it all, Ragini is a single Mom who has 2 kids staying with her; her own Mom and her Grandmother, who apparently is an Alzheimer patient. Hopefully, the remaining maths can be done.

Further, the party is not the concern. The point of concern is a motorbike which could definitely be bought after some time, and not during that particular Birthday.

And on top, this stupid guy keeps on talking about not spending money on anything. How hurtful can he be !

Now when he goes and stays with his Father, and gets super speciality treatment, he will understand.

I cant believe Nishi who is just 18 and studying to be a Doctor is stupid enough to get married now. Indian Middle class girls are pretty ambitious at this stage of their career and life. So its pretty unbelievable she is getting married right in the middle of her exams.She is studying medicine, which is not as easy as these CVs think and they made this mind-boggling plan of sending her to Rajkot and bringing her back to give her exams. She is not giving kindergarten exam, she is giving MBBS exams.

Aarav and his rant is at least believable. He is selfish yes, but atleast his character is realistic. Indian kids are pampered and entitled, most of the times, especially this generation. So, Aarav sort of represents it.

Suhaani is too nice and too mature for a kid her age. Agham seems normal. Ranbir absorbed negativity and hatred from his Aunt. But I dont understand his hatred for Aarav.

^ Awesome post! 👏
I agree with both the view points of @Infinitedreams and @blokes!
what a beautiful post by @blokes and wonderfully written by @infinitedreams
@'devashree_h

Ranbir's hatred for Aarav is simply because Ranbir feels Aarav got his share of mamta