Bigg Boss 8
Bigg Boss 8

About Sonali (Page 3)

Sabhayata IF-Sizzlerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vitriolic

yeah, but in a house that has shrunk in numbers, you have to make up with the HMs and cant remain in sulk-mode for an indefinite period of time. ghoom phirke you bump into same ppl and have to make conversation to survive. some take longer to forgive and forget, sonali does it faster. methinx this girl is way too mature for her age, and takes this entire show as one long kantaal timepass - hence nothing affects her all that much.

i wont comment on whether what she is doing is right or wrong becuase i am not able to decide on that

i mean if they were small issues and sonali would still forget and forgive it would be fine

but these arent small issues as per me but in any case she like this with every guy

Born2Pizza Senior Member
Born2Pizza
Born2Pizza

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SoPunk

Originally posted by Born2Pizza

No one can take your self respect until and unless you allow other person to take it from you and this can only be done if you get affected by some 2rs comment. What sonali is doing is just awesome, i love this girl. I think this is THE way to irk your haters in best way - to show how they are so NOT important at all to even waste your energy.

@Bold: you are absolutely right.

@underlined: half truth, & irrelevant in this context. All co-contestants in BB house are equal, irrespective of what they are outside. When someone forgets to response to insults delivered on the face, she is either spineless or the insult is the truth. 2rs people insults at the back and deserves no response, but gutsy people insults on the face & with substance. Since sonali doesn't have an answer to those & accepts, she should Atleast stay away from close/intimate friendship with them. But she is pleading to be GF of Upen/Gautam despite all those insults. That's how she compromises her self respect.

You can love the girl, but she surely isn't doing awesome compromising her self respect. As some people rightly pointed out; she looks like a door-mat for many...

I get from where you are coming and i have to agree to some of the things you said specially to the part that she needs to stop chasing them around. IMO, for me, she is absolutely oblivious and probably, she doesn't even care how she is coming across to other people - which u can say her nature? her personality ? simple -mindedness ? But that is what working for her atm. 

I, disagree to bits where you said that person either is spineless or insults have some kind of truth - again, that's one perspective, you'll met those kind of people too where they find worthless to argue when other people twist, exaggerate and manipulate talks and present to world in a most absurd form - which is not truth. Giving to them, its like putting oil into the fire and making situation more worse. I, genuinely like it that she is happy living in her own bubble world and don't let other affect her- this is something you won't see very often specially in that house where lil poking leads to such big reaction. For you she might be doormat but for me its like idgaf. Big smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

CaptiveFreedomvitriolicDoodh_Ki_DhuliLove-u-allmahiya

Sabhayata IF-Sizzlerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SoPunk

No need to take anything in heart. It's about being ignorant about her self respect... Tongue

this girl confuses the hell out of me

i dont even know if she is doing this as she bindaas or playing a game or just doenst have self respect

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SoPunk

vitriolic Goldie
vitriolic
vitriolic

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sabhayata

i wont comment on whether what she is doing is right or wrong becuase i am not able to decide on that

i mean if they were small issues and sonali would still forget and forgive it would be fine

but these arent small issues as per me but in any case she like this with every guy

I can see where you are coming from. yes, there is no right and wrong.. only opinions and perceptions about what constitutes right and wrong.
From a male perspective, I find her cool, forgiving - I dont see it as a doormat/self respect issue.
Maybe from a female perspective, it appears different - that she is taking all that insult and abuse without standing up for herself.

My reasoning is that we see only a small portion of what actually transpires during the entire day. (The LF cannot and does not cover everything either - most of the time, it is either muted, or shows the confession room chair/fake grass in garden, or doesn't work. so we can't really go much by that) What is not shown is perhaps them apologising, making up, promising not to do it again, and all that stuff that coexisting housemates/friends/relatives or aquaintances would generally do in normal circumstances in real life (which is not aired). I have seen this happen with upen and gautam as well - but we are only shown the fight, not them resolving it later. they have no choice but to resolve it simply becos they have to coexist for as long as they are in there. when push comes to shove, we would too under similar circumstances - it is a question of survival, and at such times, self respect is the last thing on our mind.

so, given that they get enough time to make up or correct their wrongs during the entire day, it doesnt really take much time to forgive and move on, rather than sulking alone in a small closed group of 7 others. that's why we often see ppl fighting one day on the main episode and are joking and laughing together in the LF the next day and we are surprised how did that happen.

(phew! I hardly ever type so much! but thanks for bringing this topic up, as I'm seeing other  threads on this issue - except they sound harsh towards sonali)

Born2PizzaCaptiveFreedomDoodh_Ki_DhuliLove-u-allmahiya

Doodh_Ki_Dhuli IF-Dazzler
Doodh_Ki_Dhuli
Doodh_Ki_Dhuli

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:43am | IP Logged

No one can take your self respect until and unless you allow other person to take it from you and this can only be done if you get affected by some 2rs comment. What sonali is doing is just awesome, i love this girl. I think this is THE way to irk your haters in best way - to show how they are so NOT important at all to even waste your energy.

i think Upen and Karishma lost their self dignity too, lets even imagine for a second that Sonali is very evil..

what do these "mature" people in their 30's do? sit together with their cheerleader Dimpy and make comments about Sonali's "figure" and "ugly" face..act like high school mean  girls and giggle and sadistically make snide remarks ... throw a xmas gift back at the person who gifted them because he wasn't the chosen one for best performer like he's entitled..how old are we again? 

throw tantrum, s**t shame someone a decade and a half younger etc etc etc.. then have a fit at each other, swear on their mother for something minor, cry themselves to sleep (when the one person who got attacked mercilessly the whole episode by the entire house didn't).. 

can anyone be true to their heart and say what these two did the whole episode showed any sort of maturity or dignity? 

Edited by SatiSavitri - 27 December 2014 at 3:43am

Born2PizzavitriolicCaptiveFreedomLove-u-allmahiya

CaptiveFreedom Goldie
CaptiveFreedom
CaptiveFreedom

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SatiSavitri

i read on the forum that she was acting like a doormat then i finally watched the episode and thought WHATTT?
people are just too used to watching people confront each other on the show in a really loud and obnoxious way that anytime someone gives it back in a more subtle way, it may appear to them like they're not fighting back enough...

she gave a few one liners and then walked back laughing, i think that affected Upen and Karishma more, they just imploded after that point and started spewing unrelated shiz and just didn't stop and ended up having a spat with each other..

them name calling and badmouthing Sonali affected them more than it did Sonali IMO..

while they were hyperventilating and imploding, Sonali was probably outside flicking her hair and doing her thang..

personally i think int his round Sonali 1 - U and K - 0

@bold exactly..its affecting them more...what I've observed is they're trying to prove that she is like them and is not different.. their expressions were worth watching when she said "yes I'm involved in bitching so?" that's why they're instigating her and Sonali know how to react infront of whom...I found her reaction to Upen's words the best reaction...She is smarter than I considered her..

mahiya

Sabhayata IF-Sizzlerz
Sabhayata
Sabhayata

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mahiya

Sonali Heart doesn't hold grudges for people long time..Clap Thumbs Up

yup she doesn't that is what i said she is like this with everyone but dont you think for some matters its important to hold grudges
CaptiveFreedom Goldie
CaptiveFreedom
CaptiveFreedom

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:48am | IP Logged

+1 Star

Love-u-all

Go to top