Do we really treat them like celebrities?

_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
A/c nauc, the general populace has really good gk and we know the awesome sports entities in our country...
I'm not so sure...

So here are a few links to the personalities that seriously contribute to the country's sporting rep...

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/athlete.ashx?personissfid=SHINDM2608198701

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/athlete.ashx?personissfid=SHINDM0501198101

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/athlete.ashx?personissfid=SHINDW2309199201

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anjali_Bhagwat

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/athlete.ashx?personissfid=SHINDW2808198801

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/athlete.ashx?personissfid=SHINDW0401199301

I left out Gagan Narang and Abhinav Bindra though...

Also Heena Sidhu got married to her coach who gave up his career to focus on hers...😳

Add to the list...
Edited by aneri.fan - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prachii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice thought!!
But in our country more n more importance is given to sports like CRICKET.All the other sports icon is not given that much importance πŸ˜•We are not even aware of so many names !!!😳n I don't think they get that much recognition

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Not everyone recognizes sports icon. We saw that in Mary Kom movie. But Viraj is from the same city. And in case people read the newspapers constantly, they would know the personalities. Added to that, he is Nisha's boss, so the family considered or recognised him to be a huge celebrity. 
Another example I can give. I attended a family function recently where a TV personality, a speaker in debates attended it. He isn't as famous as movie stars or sports icon, but people who watch TV would know. He stood there for nearly 20 minutes taking selfies with people. 

So when people are associated with certain industry, like sports or movies or TV, they are bound to recognise the icons. 
_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shwets1502

Not everyone recognizes sports icon. We saw that in Mary Kom movie. But Viraj is from the same city. And in case people read the newspapers constantly, they would know the personalities. Added to that, he is Nisha's boss, so the family considered or recognised him to be a huge celebrity. 

Another example I can give. I attended a family function recently where a TV personality, a speaker in debates attended it. He isn't as famous as movie stars or sports icon, but people who watch TV would know. He stood there for nearly 20 minutes taking selfies with people. 

So when people are associated with certain industry, like sports or movies or TV, they are bound to recognise the icons. 

Hmmm, of course you do recognize if you're associated but I feel they get a lot less than their due... Plus, other than Olympic winners, most don't even get featured on TV... I just think this should change... And since we're talking of shooters let's use the opportunity to get to know a few...😊
_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: prachii

Nice thought!!

But in our country more n more importance is given to sports like CRICKET.All the other sports icon is not given that much importance πŸ˜•We are not even aware of so many names !!!😳n I don't think they get that much recognition

Agreed. And this when many other sportspersons are performing more consistently than our cricketers...
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Oh Alright! I thought we were talking about Viraj's celebrity status..πŸ˜†
Completely agreed. There are many unsung sportsicon in our country. There are lot of interesting sports which don' get the due at all. For example: Kabbadi league. When it was all promoted by stars and got the necessary footage and media, people are watched it. But after the league, how many knew our both men and women's national won the world championship? 

It's all cricket as Prachi said. Shooting is focused only during Olympics and no time else.
prachii thumbnail

Completely agreed. There are many unsung sportsicon in our country. There are lot of interesting sports which don' get the due at all. For example: Kabbadi league. When it was all promoted by stars and got the necessary footage and media, people are watched it. But after the league, how many knew our both men and women's national won the world championship? 

It's all cricket as Prachi said. Shooting is focused only during Olympics and no time else.

Priyanka Chopra earned more money playing Mary Kom, than Mary Kom earned in her entire career.Speculation was there like that πŸ˜•

_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail

Speaking of Viru's celeb status, I think we should behave the way they do with Viru...
I'm sure the sportspersons yearn a little love and respect...
Also if we can give an actor portraying a shooter this much attention, then the real ones definitely deserve some... To prevent the Priyanka Chopra-Mary Kom paradox as prachi mentioned. πŸ˜Š
Edited by aneri.fan - 9 years ago
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Yeah..I heard of PC and MK difference too, But at least MK is recognised even more now because of the movie. 
People if not going gaga over the icon, should appreciate their work and effort. More and more sportsicon are shifting to TV and movies abandoning their sport.
prachii thumbnail

Yeah..I heard of PC and MK difference too, But at least MK is recognised even more now because of the movie. 

People if not going gaga over the icon, should appreciate their work and effort. More and more sportsicon are shifting to TV and movies abandoning their sport.

Even MK appeared in SP serials .She did Cameo.May be after that many people could have known her.In our country movie n cricket are more fantasy.!!! We are knowing about other sports icon after their story comes in any movies only😳