Nisha Aur Uske Cousins

India-Forums

Nisha Aur Uske Cousins
Nisha Aur Uske Cousins

Do we really treat them like celebrities?

_UptoNoGood_ Goldie
_UptoNoGood_
_UptoNoGood_

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
A/c nauc, the general populace has really good gk and we know the awesome sports entities in our country...
I'm not so sure...

So here are a few links to the personalities that seriously contribute to the country's sporting rep...

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/athlete.ashx?personissfid=SHINDM2608198701

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/athlete.ashx?personissfid=SHINDM0501198101

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/athlete.ashx?personissfid=SHINDW2309199201

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anjali_Bhagwat

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/athlete.ashx?personissfid=SHINDW2808198801

http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/athlete.ashx?personissfid=SHINDW0401199301

I left out Gagan Narang and Abhinav Bindra though...

Also Heena Sidhu got married to her coach who gave up his career to focus on hers...Embarrassed

Add to the list...

Edited by aneri.fan - 26 December 2014 at 11:07pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavisarkar_Raeesa_Lucky..prachiiishqnmeLightingHopeRibelle-Panda-DazzlerruhiShwets1502

prachii Goldie
prachii
prachii

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Nice thought!!
But in our country more n more importance is given to sports like CRICKET.All the other sports icon is not given that much importance ConfusedWe are not even aware of so many names !!!Embarrassedn I don't think they get that much recognitionOuch

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila132_UptoNoGood_ishqnmeDazzlerruhiShwets1502

Shwets1502 IF-Addictz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Not everyone recognizes sports icon. We saw that in Mary Kom movie. But Viraj is from the same city. And in case people read the newspapers constantly, they would know the personalities. Added to that, he is Nisha's boss, so the family considered or recognised him to be a huge celebrity. 
Another example I can give. I attended a family function recently where a TV personality, a speaker in debates attended it. He isn't as famous as movie stars or sports icon, but people who watch TV would know. He stood there for nearly 20 minutes taking selfies with people. 

So when people are associated with certain industry, like sports or movies or TV, they are bound to recognise the icons. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila132Nirjhor105_UptoNoGood_ishqnmeRibelleArieltabiDazzlerruhi

_UptoNoGood_ Goldie
_UptoNoGood_
_UptoNoGood_

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shwets1502

Not everyone recognizes sports icon. We saw that in Mary Kom movie. But Viraj is from the same city. And in case people read the newspapers constantly, they would know the personalities. Added to that, he is Nisha's boss, so the family considered or recognised him to be a huge celebrity. 
Another example I can give. I attended a family function recently where a TV personality, a speaker in debates attended it. He isn't as famous as movie stars or sports icon, but people who watch TV would know. He stood there for nearly 20 minutes taking selfies with people. 

So when people are associated with certain industry, like sports or movies or TV, they are bound to recognise the icons. 

Hmmm, of course you do recognize if you're associated but I feel they get a lot less than their due... Plus, other than Olympic winners, most don't even get featured on TV... I just think this should change... And since we're talking of shooters let's use the opportunity to get to know a few...Smile

ishqnmeRibelleArieltabiDazzlerruhiShwets1502

_UptoNoGood_ Goldie
_UptoNoGood_
_UptoNoGood_

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prachii

Nice thought!!
But in our country more n more importance is given to sports like CRICKET.All the other sports icon is not given that much importance ConfusedWe are not even aware of so many names !!!Embarrassedn I don't think they get that much recognitionOuch

Agreed. And this when many other sportspersons are performing more consistently than our cricketers...

prachiiishqnmeArieltabiDazzlerruhiShwets1502

Shwets1502 IF-Addictz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Oh Alright! I thought we were talking about Viraj's celebrity status..LOL
Completely agreed. There are many unsung sportsicon in our country. There are lot of interesting sports which don' get the due at all. For example: Kabbadi league. When it was all promoted by stars and got the necessary footage and media, people are watched it. But after the league, how many knew our both men and women's national won the world championship? 

It's all cricket as Prachi said. Shooting is focused only during Olympics and no time else.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

_UptoNoGood_ArieltabiDazzlerruhi

prachii Goldie
prachii
prachii

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 11:32pm | IP Logged

Completely agreed. There are many unsung sportsicon in our country. There are lot of interesting sports which don' get the due at all. For example: Kabbadi league. When it was all promoted by stars and got the necessary footage and media, people are watched it. But after the league, how many knew our both men and women's national won the world championship? 

It's all cricket as Prachi said. Shooting is focused only during Olympics and no time else.

Priyanka Chopra earned more money playing Mary Kom, than Mary Kom earned in her entire career.Speculation was there like that Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_UptoNoGood_Shwets1502

_UptoNoGood_ Goldie
_UptoNoGood_
_UptoNoGood_

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 11:41pm | IP Logged

Speaking of Viru's celeb status, I think we should behave the way they do with Viru...
I'm sure the sportspersons yearn a little love and respect...
Also if we can give an actor portraying a shooter this much attention, then the real ones definitely deserve some... To prevent the Priyanka Chopra-Mary Kom paradox as prachi mentioned. Smile

Edited by aneri.fan - 26 December 2014 at 11:43pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ishqnmeRibelleShwets1502

Go to top