India-Forums

Humsafars
Humsafars

Sahir Azeem Chaudary, the Egg Allergy and making sense of it all

Soaps1 IF-Stunnerz
Soaps1
Soaps1

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
So we (me and pri the joint production) are one of those people who want the characters to make sense ... while watching a show, specially the one we fall in love with ... they can be right, wrong, bad or evil but they have to make sense ... and we have openly said without regret that we lost Sahir the day they showed egg allergy thing ... because we just could not make sense of it ... it didn't fit with how we or many others on the forum had interpreted Sahir's character ... it didn't fit with what was shown before it nor with many self analysis scenes of Sahir that followed after it ... the guilt, the sadness, the vulnerability, the hint of love for her, the need to have her love and so many emotions so well portrayed by Harshad! I wasn't ready to accept that I understood them all wrong (not just that it hurt my fan ego how can i get HC wrong? LOL but also the fact that it meant we can't enjoy Sahir any more ... not because he was shown ruthless but because we couldn't make sense of the scene) 
Unfortunately we could not use remote either and stop watching because the first reason of watching the show was HC ... and when he is on screen the remote stops working Day Dreaming

We banged our heads here and there ... even asked so many questions that annoyed some people who were may be the writers of the show in disguise that they got so personal ... some told us he was suppose to be black and not grey ... yea right Ermm black characters don't feel guilty or have remorse do they? ... but we didn't stop asking ... we kept thinking because we were not ready to let go of Sahir ... so soon! 

Any ways last night we finally cracked the egg scene ... no that does not mean Sahir doing it is right ... its' still wrong but it just makes sense now! Let us go back a little to understand! 

Mujh se door raho: 
The first time it hit him that there is something odd about his feelings for her and her feelings for him ... since then he has been trying to push her away, his feelings for her away ... and at the same time discouraging her to stop caring or feeling for him! 

Sach kia hai scene:
The whole pregnancy drama ... again caught between heart and mind. His heart always believed her but his mind made him question ... kaunsi arzoo asli hai? His heart knew and still knows but the mind wanted to hear it from her! "Sach kia hai" 

Zaki Sahir scene: 
When Zaki told him he loves her and she loves him ... his reaction was such a give away ... how can he claim to love what belongs to him? How dare he ... 

The Challenge:
What was the real challenge? To prove she is money minded for the deal or it was actually to prove arzoo is his? That Zaki can't claim her! 

The confession:
He wanted to make her confess but ended up confessing himself ... lost in that moment the truth hidden some where deep inside came out ... that is why when she said no his world seem to have shattered and he came back to his reality ... and then the interaction that followed where she said she doesn't understand him ... the knife example ... Sahir decided to show her just the softer side of him as per her wish ... hiding the angry, frustrated side inside ... pretence is what we call it! 

The egg scene:
The fact that his confession was real ... warned him again ... "mujh sey dour raho" came back ... he started telling himself again I don't care about her, I can't be in love ... its all for the deal ... she is just part of a game ... i have no feelings for her ... and her talking about not been able to trust his many faces hardened him further, hardened his belief that no one can really love him ...  and that egg allergy thing was a test ... to prove to himself he doesn't care ... he doesn't care about her ... he doesn't love her ... not even enough to not risk her life ... but all of that belief came shattering down ... because he did care! The fear gripped him visible in the injection shot ... the fear of loosing her! The fear of having gone too far!

I love you and the hug:
Then came the i love and the hug after arzoo does the MandM ... one look in his eyes ... and the smile that he gave zaki ... it wasn't to tell him that look i proved she is a gold digger ... it was to tell him see she belongs to me ... she is mine! She loves me not you! 

Sahir no longer believes she is a gold digger ... In fact I think he never really believed that ... the challenge to zaki was more to prove to himself that she can't love anyone else ... she is his! ... The gold digging and all were again a distraction to prove to himself ... I don't care about her! I don't love her ... its all just for the deal that I don't want zaki to love her!

Sahir has been cheated in the past ... he is afraid to love again ... afraid to admit he has lost himself to her ... he knows by doing this and playing this game he will only end up hurting her and making her hate him ... if she hates him it serves his purpose of "mujh sey dour raho" ... so that he can keep running away from his feelings ... running away from the fact that his heart has fallen for her! He has been too hurt in the past ... to let love over take him ... he does love her but he just won't admit it ... he just won't let love over power him! Also he feels no one can love him, he was not made to be loved ... the gift scene ... his eyes gave it all ... how can someone love me like this? Forever? Me? Is it real? if so what am I doing to her? Connect it with the Paratha scene ... when arzoo said u look good when you smile ... how his smile faded ... and he asked otherwise i don't? His fear over took, his insecurity that no one is ready to accept him as he is! He is not loveable! 

But in the mind vs heart battle ... the heart is becoming more and more powerful ... that is why guilt is taking over ... that is why the questions like which is the real dhoka? That when he is with her he tells her he loves her or when he is not with her he tells himself he doesn't love her? 

None of this is about the deal ... deal is just his cushion against his own feeling! State of denial ... a state he thinks he can live in forever! 

Phewww ... Back to enjoying the enigma that is Sahir Azeem Chaudary Day Dreaming With all his wickedness ... the good and the bad ... because what matters is not if a character does good or bad, what matters is it should make sense! And Sahir does make sense, even if it took so many days to understand! 

P.S: Yea its possible writers give a different explanation but till then this is what it is! 

Edited by Soaps1 - 26 December 2014 at 9:08pm

The following 31 member(s) liked the above post:

ilovedamon12345678onefanrobinsameedocmonicamad_maddyjulijasmeenashupanda123blusky165arshi95pp29Agamfansheena_786pearly14eternalashacrazydevil87IlinTaanuDeewaniRoxyCBujee09rs.shailu29basicquestion1prettyprisam123_0premeeristry-TeekhiMishti-Ecrivain.-Chipper-Treat-TeAmo_Messi-vandy-FhatTheWuck.

Ecrivain. IF-Sizzlerz
Ecrivain.
Ecrivain.

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:37am | IP Logged

Nadia I am glad u n pri Finally found the shore to the egg allergy scene Big smile

To be honest i m liking the show more now ...the concentration is the love story n the characters are being redeemed , well some of them ...n also the cvs seem to be tying the loose ends ..n I Know a few things might not make sense now but I feel it's worth to wait n see ..how sahir n ARZOO become Humsafars cos honestly THIS is wht I was waiting for n not the leads being sidelined n family hogging the lime light LOL

Abt sahir all I can say is ...he is just FALLING in love both practically n literally n he doesn't realise tht but well when he does , he will go to any extent to correct the wrong especially if it's ARZOO ..cos sahir is Jist n I have said it before he has a consceince ...Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

robinsameeBujee09

sam123_0 IF-Rockerz
sam123_0
sam123_0

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:16am | IP Logged
ROFLROFLROFL

Thank you... Am glad you guys figured it out.

This team rocks

Bujee09prettypri

Soaps1 IF-Stunnerz
Soaps1
Soaps1

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sam123_0

ROFLROFLROFL

This team rocks

Tou aur kia kartey ... Warna baki show ye gatey huey dekhna parta ... Kabhi na sakoon aaya kabhi na karar aaya jab se humey hien tum pe pyar aaya LOL

Bujee09premeeristry

prettypri IF-Rockerz
prettypri
prettypri

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sam123_0

ROFLROFLROFL

This team rocks

We are glad too... Such a relief to relate again and enjoy the show with Sahir making sense again!

The self analysis and guilt and loathing helped to make sense of this one incident that didn't fit with the Sahir shown so far..

So yes he is wrong still.. And so are his actions right now.. But it's all fitting together and leading to his heart overcoming his mind and the effect of zeenats betrayal!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bujee09

TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:12am | IP Logged
wow granny, this post is so much sahirlicious...'Day Dreaming
I am so happy for you that you decoded the essence behind all his actions, and even the egg scene... His face while he injected her the medicine and then the breath he takes as soon as she opens her eyes.. Sahir was just..Day Dreaming

even yesterday, when he was questioning himself, and he agrees that as arzoo had said that there are many forms of sahir, but in every sahir the same arzoo thrives.. this had me melted into pieces and i could not stop...Day Dreaming

Bujee09

zam123 Goldie
zam123
zam123

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:22am | IP Logged
Really good that it made sense to you and now you can enjoy the most beautiful,painful, awesome love story. Hats off to HC for portraying Sahir's ruthlessness and loving nature so correctly.
This is first in Leads of any serial that such a character has been shown and HC is a very talented actor.

Bujee09

true2heart Senior Member
true2heart
true2heart

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Hmm somehow I didn't find the egg allergy scene odd, maybe because in my eyes Sahir redeemed himself by putting his life on line just minutes after that incident. Of course two wrongs don't make a right, but i think sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. Unless Arzoo declares her love openly, how will he convince Zaki. He has promised Rehman that he will get ZA-Sam married because she is pregnant and also because the deal signing hinges on this Nikaah. 
An evil idea germinates in his mind to gain Arzoo;s confidence, he knows how the egg allergy works, he is prepared, things could go wrong but he is not thinking about the negatives just yet, he is confident that Arzoo will say ILU when she finds out he saved her life. But Arzoo doesn't and then he makes the next move, threatens to drown, again anything can go horribly wrong here, Arzoo is terribly frightened of water, she may not be able to conquer her fear, she may not be able to pull him out in time, and yet he is still willing to take the risk. 

I am not condoning what Sahir did, I am just saying thats what Sahir is, the risk taker, and he does go over the edge at times like he burnt the factory to eliminate the workers by taking away their livelihoods. Love him or hate him, Sahir is a character with sharp edges. Like he tells Arzoo that the knife is because of its sharpness otherwise a blunt knife is of no use really. 

When I think about it, what drew me to Humsafars was the dark character of Sahir, most of the times we see the perfect, can do no wrong type of guys on our screens and all the manipulators are usually the anti heros. He is refreshing because he does not fit into the stereo types at all. Not too many writers have the inclination to write a character like Sahir and rarely do actors like Harshad come along to breathe life into it and make him real  Call it my super fangiri but I simply 
love Sahir in all his shades. LOL 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Bujee09basicquestion1prettypri-vandy-

Go to top