Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Srilathalolla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: owin

What a wonderful story.
Kushi asking for just a kick, reminded me the time when I was pregnant with both children I used to get worried if I couldn't feel baby's kick for more than an hour.
For the first I went to india for my delivery and had lot of complications.When I used to get really worried most of the time we end in hospital to check her heart beat.
For the second one I had to get a heart beat monitor to keep my blood pressure in control.
What Kushi Was going through is some thing which I can't even imagin. You have written Kushi's pain beautifully.

I had to tell you some thing.My sister have two girls and she accidentally became pregnant for the third time when she was 38.Husband and wife both are highly educated and working aboard.
They don't have any pressure from laws or parents Unfortunately she came back to india and had an abortion.
I came to know about all these after she had done it.
Whatever reason she gave I couldn't tolerate that she had an abortion of a healthy baby and that too when she was in her 16 th week.I don't understand how could a doctor agree for that,
Was she worried that it was going to be another baby girl or was she worried about her job.
(She convinced my parents saying that her health is really bad that she can't have another child.
And it disgusted me,because bottom of my heart I know why they did an abortion.I know it's their decision but I lost whatever respect I had for them.And the relation too.Why every one think abortion is not a murder.Its easy to kill a life inside the womb.

Any way right after that I became pregnant for the second time.
I had a healthy baby boy.I still remember when the sonographer said that we are going to have baby boy(we live in UK)my husband said he would have been more happy if it was a girl .
I have this feeling in the bottom of my heart that Allah had given me baby which my sister killed.
I haven't shared this feeling with anyone else .
Your story has moved me so much that I had to share it with you

I agree with you , abortion is same as murder. πŸ‘
Srilathalolla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Deepthi because of you today I am able to see so many strong women who are raising the future in a correct way and I can see a ray of hope. All the credit goes to your writing dear. God bless you and your family. LOVE YOU. πŸ‘
imkt thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
buddy I am reading for the first time...its awsum
loved it specially arnav character..so charming, disciplined...gud job..plz pm me
Anamika100 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Heartbreaking situation.  What an indictment on society that women are treated like this.
atipreet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome...totally gripped to this story which is as usual with all the stories by you...thanks for making IF interesting once again 😊
GuruDeep246 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Deepthi i unresed my comment on page 85:) sorry for delayed comment.
jeetega thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: addicted25

Deepthi thank you this is such a sad story, but the reality is that many women go through this. When inlaws expect boys and end up with girls, its the woman thats blamed. Unless of course if she is the daughter of the house, than it was gods will.
I was blessed with two 9lb + babies( not at the same time) they were healthy, and beautiful. Yes they are boys but as far as I am concerned the first statement is true, even though I gave birth to my MILs first grandson, I was told that I shouldnt have had boys as my sister in law should have had a boy. She and my older brother in law both have three girls each. So thanks to god I royally pissed the family off when I had my second!. God blessed me with healthy children thats all I cared for.
My mother, a woman who has six daughters and an only son,told me of a story, I dont know how this woman was related to me but each time she delivered a girl, the husband would go and abandon in the forest, leaving it to die. After the 6th time, she wouldnt let her husband take her baby and the baby stayed. The next child she had was a boy and so were the next three!.My midwife told me of a family who had five daughters, wanting a son each time, the sixth child was exacty that a son, but he was born deaf and blind.

Frankly I think that unless the law is changed that a son goes to his inlaws home, a daughter stays with her parents even after she is marries, female infanticide/abortion will prevail, just as it has done in China where only one child is allowed.

Women need to understand, and educate themselves if they dont want this to happen to them, and take charge of their lifes their bodies. I know of women in this country who refuse to learn English, in fear of losing their roots and language, but then they become baby making machines, fit for nothing but housework as they themselves are unable to communicate in this world.
Im sikh, and the first thing that I learnt was that Guru Nanak, said that great kings are born of woman, it is woman who brings religion to the child. Of my six siblings, I'm the sixth with a sister a year younger than me. I was the first to get a degree, I earn a good wage, in fact my other half works in the same company, yet I earn more than him.my boys both wear turbans, and have uncut beards. It was because of my belief that thay are the way they are, otherwise their dad would have allowed them to cut their hair, and they would be drinking by now , if I hadnt put my other half straight about that he is their role model. God blessed in many ways, but he gave me one thing that I am most proud of, a mother who taught me that you need to be strong in yourself, if you want children. You must be able to take care of them, therefore an education is essential, and she proved that with seven kids and a' invisble presence' of a father who thought that the state should provide us with a home and food, she brought us all up, married us off and still taught us how to cook, clean, sew knit etc. My brother himself had three boys, but he also adopted two little girls as he had always wanted to do that.All because my mother gave us unconditional love and taught us we were equal in her eyes. All mothers should do that and stand up to their husbands and give them a rollicking if they think differenypt.

Sorry I had to get this out, your writing moves me to tears, and anger THAT my dear friend is a sign of a great writer! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I applaud your mother from the bottom of my heart for the way she stood up in front of society with an 'invisible' husband, gave her daughters and son the right education, values and principles and the strength to be yourself no matter what. Your mother was able to change 7 lives. And each of you bring that change into your children's lives and also maybe into some other lives too. And this thereby create a society which has the right principles and values. Each mother and father is responsible for their children's outlook towards life in general to a larger extent.

In the story, if Karan had been brought up by his parents to respect fellow human beings and be sensitive towards them, such a monster won't be created, then lives of five girls would have been saved, and maybe the sixth one too.

Its heartening to see so many of us who have such strong feelings about female foeticide. Deepu, you took the first step against it by starting this story. Let each of us in our own small way, educate people around us about it maybe by bringing the topic in a casual conversation between family, friends, colleagues etc, or by giving support to one of them who needs it in this matter, by educating our children about it etc . These are small steps, but can bring a lot of change.

Deepu take a bow for the change you are bringing in us through your ffs. There will be a lot of readers whose viewpoint may have changed for the better just by reading your ffs. I applaud you too for the change you started and thereby encouraging us too to do the same in our own possible ways.

ps: I don't remember the name of the author who wrote in her ff such profound words. Not exact the same words, 'when a mother gives birth to son especially, she has the extra responsibility to instill in him to be sensitive to human beings, specially to women of all ages, to treat them with respect and care to understand the emotional needs, which are different, but is essential for the balance of nature. And this starts at home, by making sure he does it to the women of the family. This ensures that he becomes a man who is worthy of the world.

I believe this is something each mother should take responsibility for when she bears a child irrespective of whether its a boy or girl.
Friedriceji thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hey there!

I was bored of all the studying and thought of checking IF once. And I think I am not disappointed because I found this story.

You know, this is truly amazing. And the concept is by far the most challenging to write. You are doing a great job.

I dont know where to start from as I am deeply effected by Khushi's torment. I know she isnt dumb. She is just an optimist who finds positive in everyone and every other thing. I dont blame her for being a victim in this foolery her in laws and hisband played with her. What matters is that she has left it behind now.

I want to see a strong Khushi in the future.

And what to say about our hot-shot Doctor. He is enigmatic and full of life. And Khushi is lucky enough to have him in her life. Omgeez I cant wait for their story to start. We are there right?

So, I will stalk this thread and bookmark this link. I am not sending a buddy request because I am not sure if I would be able to comment everytime you update. Sorry! AD is a byotch lol. I hope you understand.

Will be waiting for the future chapters.

Love
J

bluesky10 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Just came through Your story
It's amazing Dear
Totally different
Hope child is safe
Can you please pm dear
I added you in my buddy list please accept it
Happy New year dear
ntmrjn thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The subject of female child abortion is really sensitive..it really becomes difficult add it with one innocent women who always pray about having daughter..
Expecting a love story of arnav and khushi is one thing..but here,the fact still remains a story of women not a married women but a pregnant mother..that's for sure because the child has to be safe for the sake of giving her hope and assurance that she is not killer of child..
In the last scene,it proved that she is fighter,whe she took step against her husband,that was the mother,who could forget everything after her child..that was so great..
I think the last 2 chapters were superfast that i couldn't register what was happening,nevertheless things move really fast,hope things slows down from here.