Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ManKiBaath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Manasa, You moved me to tears with this brilliant review dear. Especially the lines that expressed the inner turmoil of an unborn heart.  I have to admit, as a writer it hurts me more because there were quite a lot of brutal facts I had to filter it down before I presented this chapter to you all. Your every word targeted the facts that I decided to shelve and not to present them, not to make it any more emotional than this has been. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for such beautiful portrayal of entire chapter. ðŸ¤—

Deepthi, A sincere request from you from the bottom of my heart, please do not withhold details and let's keep this story as real as it can get. I'm not looking for a gruesome story but something that will send a message to the audience that the act of "child-bearing" is most precious and it be protected by all means.
ToxicLove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: bhavali4RR

Deepthi, A sincere request from you from the bottom of my heart, please do not withhold details and let's keep this story as real as it can get. I'm not looking for a gruesome story but something that will send a message to the audience that the act of "child-bearing" is most precious and it be protected by all means.

Sure will do 
ks_Larhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
No words di.. Amazing writing..
But it's very dis-heartening to knw that ppl like karan exists even now..Edited by ks_Larhi - 9 years ago
vanility thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Deeps.. I have already commented on the update... this note is to ask you to please update soon. ..
even in office im thinking about the story... cant wait any longer..i know u r calling me greedy but pls update sooon.
kushikumari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
nikita-nair thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i was literally crying wen d phrases like dismembrd limbs were used...hv tears in ma eyes right now...
i jst lvd this updte.. touching..
now d real game starts...cant wait for d nxt updte...
kushikumari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
Mayvs2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
quite sad...:) but this is truth n we cant ignore...
At last Mrs Mehta...will be Kushi n last Mrs Raizada :)
ToxicLove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: kushikumari

First of all, thank you for making female infanticide a part of your story. An ugly, bitter truth and no amount of discussion and awareness on this subject is actually enough. A vicious, vicious cycle that gets fed one way or another...

I come from the south and yes, it does happen there, but it wasn't until my visit to Rajasthan a few years back that the enormity of the situation actually hit me. more like a massive punch in the guts, really. an absolute shame to our society, especially considering where our roots originally come from.

coming to the story itself, i feel kushi's innocence, backed (i am guessing) with a lack of proper education. In spite of such events happening on a large scale, it is quite sad that young girls are not brought up street smart, but trained to serve, obey and not think much. i don't think i can add much to your prologue Deepthi, you have said it all.

Keep writing dear, look forward to the next installment...

-kk

Thank you so much for joining my story and a very warm welcome to you on behalf of SBH and its family. Coming from South, I have never heard this issue until I watched Satyamev Jayate and it broke my heart, at the same time I was ashamed for being unaware of such things in our society. I would only call it as my ignorance or as you stated lack of exposure to the outside world. 

That was the time, I instantly made up my mind to address this issue in my story, at least to bring awareness to the young girls and women on this forum. 

I agree with what you said about bringing girls to be streetsmart. Often parents of girls confuse themselves when it comes to protecting their daughters. In the name of protection, they end up confining them to houses in fear of outrageous cruelty happening in the society. If you dont let your child know what a "problem" is, how will she learn how to draw a "solution" to that problem.😊

Thank You once again for joining the story. By the way, We have two KKs in this thread. One is you and other is Kavitha (Canapoem).

Should I call you guys KK1 and KK2? ðŸ˜‰

Edited by deepthiya - 9 years ago
mbbsrocks thumbnail
Seems quite dramatic when you read that she had so many misscarriaged in a row but this is how it is..story of our society..girl Child is still thought to be burden
We don't know that Allah Says K jab Wo ksi ghar se Khush hota ha to Beti paid a karta ha
Just because you have to give them dowry and A part of priperty..
But no one is as lucky as Khushi to escape their Ill fate..
Well done..you have chosen a wonderful topic..applauds..