But I couldn't : Neil and Ashaben (Ragini's mom) OS

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Neil had been restless the entire day. He didn't quite know why.. there was just one surgery lined up for the day and then he was scheduled to meet the real estate agent and the prospective seller who was selling the house he wanted.. He had asked the agent for some photographs but his stupid Whatsapp application had stalled and he was unable to download the photos of the flat sent to him. 
He reached the office at 5 sharp, punctual as he was. The agent met him outside the glass door of his cabin, motioning him to go inside and talk to the seller as he had an important call to attend and would be back in fifteen minutes. Neil prayed the meeting would be over soon.. one thing he could cross off his list.. he could do without Nivedita in his life but he definitely thanked her for the wonderful idea.. 

As he opened the door, he was surprised to see Asha Patel on one of the chairs.. Ragini's mom..Ragini.. the flat.. Vile Parle.. he mentally joined all the dots and the color drained off his face. He had been most unkind to Ragini in every way possible butt were things this bad? Did Ragini know he was the potential buyer? Did she avoid the meeting because of him? What was going on!?

He looked at Ashaben nervously.. they had not had a proper conversation ever since he had returned to India. She had always loved him.. Nachiket.. not Neil. Having lost his mother early in his life, Nachiket too had always loved and respected her just like his mother. Because Ragini was a single child, Ashaben had moved in with them when they got married.. he got a little sentimental thinking of old times and did not realize when Ashaben had come up to him and gently placed a hand on her shoulder.. 

Weddings are so costly nowadays, she smiled at him weakly.. 

In an instant, everything was clear to him and he took a step back nervously. 
What was he to do next? He was so overcome by emotion that he addressed Ashaben as maa, something he always did.. 

Maa, how is this possible? Dr.Aman owns an entire hospital! I am sure he has enough money.. please don't tell me Ragini wants to take care of all the expenses with HER money because this is just plain ridiculous.. 

Ashaben shushed him.. and smiled at him knowingly.. she did not want to be the one revealing the truth.. it had to be Ragini .. 

Nachiket, would you have reacted the same way if it was Ragini standing in front of you instead of me? Would you have given her a chance to speak before deriding her like you usually do nowadays? The Nachiket I know would not hear one unfair word against anyone.. but the Neil who stands in front of me will leave no stone unturned to hurt my Ragini.. do you really hate her so much? 

The last words affected Nachiket more than he'd like.. before he knew it, the moisture pricked his eyes.. threatening to turn into tears. 

Maa, I don't hate her. I have been trying to hate her for the last 15 years and I have come nowhere close to doing that. I think I am not capable of hating her.. but you know what I hate? I hate that I still love her so much.. I hate the fact that she found happiness in someone else... and I hate how unreasonable I am in my expectations from her but seeing her after all these years just awoke something inside me.. something I had been repressing for these many years.. I tried and tried Maa.. I tried so much.. but I couldn't hate her... 

He had had enough.. this meeting was not going anywhere.. he stiffened his shoulders and was about to leave when Ashaben begged him to buy the house... he was shocked.. 

How can I buy your house? I very well know it belonged to Ragini's dad.. his lifetime's savingsi went into it.. I wanted a flat in this area because this is where I stayed with my dad.. I cannot buy this flat Maa.. what kind of a monster do  you think I am? 

Ashaben went and shook him by the shoulders.. 

Nachiket, I cannot tell you everything but what you need to know is if you don't buy it, she will definitely sell it to the next buyer because she needs the money soon. Please buy it ... for some day I am hopeful I will see you and Ragini live there together. 

He was now even more confused.. why was Maa saying all this when Ragini was married to Aman? He looked at her wide-eyed. 

Ragini did not move on... she did not marry Aman... 

A lone tear slipped down Nachiket's cheek as a huge wave of relief drowned him.. 

I will let my lawyer handle this so Ragini never knows it's me.. thank you Maa that you thought it was worthwhile to tell me the truth. I'm happy that you still think we can make it work but sad that Ragini again brought her ego to the fore and lied to me for such a long time.. I will tell her the truth about the flat before Nishi's wedding.. but now I just want to see how long she keeps on with this farce.. 

Ashaben tried stopping him but he had gone.. she couldn't help but cry for her children and their pain.. wishing they'd find their way back to each other.. 
Edited by ronitfan - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
As always fantastic!!!! Just fantastic !!!! 
Kya likthi ho tum, sach mei dil khush ho jaata hai!!!! 
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
Fabulous Sukhs!! I hope this is exactly how it turns out to be!! You are a genius!! 
exoLarmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
WOW! This was sooo good!! You are one phenomenal writer!! You should definitely write more. I like your writing style! 
Please continue soon. 
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
In PK's tone, this is FUNTASTIC !
Loved reading this. In the show, they hardly show any interaction between Nachiketa and Ragini's Mom, which i find weird. It was nice reading about the same. 
ronitfan thumbnail
Thank you sooo much for all the encouragement fellas :D 
Love you all!
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ronitfan

Thank you sooo much for all the encouragement fellas :D 

Love you all!

You are welcome. SO where's the next one?
ronitfan thumbnail
Hahahahah will write soon :D 
Waiting for my next shot of inspiration ;)
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
An amazing OS!
You're an exceptionally wonderful writer I must admit!
ronitfan thumbnail
Thank you so much Shruti! :)