Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Does a particular actor/actress deserves credit for trp success alone? (Page 4)

Meself IF-Rockerz
Meself
Meself

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Gone are the days when an actor or an actress ruled the roost! These days the story sell and nothing else! Mostly because the viewers are youngsters who can connect more to the story and less to the couple or the lead. Of course leads are important but a sloppy story cannot save the ass. 

For instance Madhubla. That series had Vivian and Dhrashti as leads yet it was axed; so I believe its the story! For the better on your platter the more you'll flock to it!

halima_zaka IF-Sizzlerz
halima_zaka
halima_zaka

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhatamKahani

Originally posted by -RohitMaxwell-

I just remembered in week 49 QH had 3.3 TRP when there was no sight of Ahil even for a flashback scene Unhappy

Debate:- Does actors increases trps? Does superstar power works for tv? then why cvs waste time in? they only could bring some superstar if particular actors increases trps...

Stick to healthy debate...

LOL You have your dates and weeks mixed up. That was the week of the wedding. I mean not the actual marriage, but the wedding was happening that whole week.
LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaitaanKiKhala

aman1605 IF-Sizzlerz
aman1605
aman1605

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
I think Yaari it's not just only an actor but the whole team becoz they all work hard not only actors 
minnie2308 IF-Dazzler
minnie2308
minnie2308

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 2:09am | IP Logged
 I am by no means a TRP 'gyani', but will take a shot. And I have no facts and figures because I do not follow/understand TRP.LOL

Generally there are serials of various cadres/types -  mostly drama, some suspense and handful are love stories. Again, there are audiences for each type of of story. And then there are makers for each type of story. This is not to say that makers must not venture into other cadres, but if they do it will be good to do that with caution. Also its not as if the audience for 1 type of story will not want to watch some of the other masala in their current viewing, but again not too much.

Now coming to your question- In its most generic terms, yes every single episode is a product of various different people's hardwork.

But you have posted this on QH forum and I am going to rightly assume its about QH storyline, QH actors, etc...

You spoke about the story! Can you say the current story is going good? Mind you the story is about the characters and their environment and the situations they face and the way they deal with it. How well is the current story of QH progressing? is the plot tight? You will have your opinion, I have mine, No the plot is not tight. The story is not progressing. I haven't watched for more than 2 weeks and still when I catch glimpses on the SBB/SBS(I watch them as they are interspresed with news and also to know which serial I might want to watch), it's pretty much still the same.
At present they are thriving on the short term merriment of surprise factor. Every episode will have something new to torture Sanam with. In general people are not so Sadist. they watch torture in the HOPE that it ends. When it keeps piling with no end in sight, they move on. Because at the end everyone wants the tortured character to get its due.

Most makers who excel in drama, do the torturing for a fixed duration and bring some good times for the leads before a new set of torture/turmoil begin. QH has failed in this department. This in my opinion is a single biggest turn-off for many. Sanam continues to remain tortured and with a sauten around, there seems no end to her plight.

Hence with the current sad state of plot/story, it is not wrong to assume that a certain actor who brings in good looks, acting talent can be a reason for TRP. but mind you this TRP will not be sustained. If the story remains poor, no star power, lead, direction, etc can save it.

Read with a pinch of salt and ignore if you want::  For most serials based on a love story it is extremely important for leads to look good.LOL For a drama based serial it may not be very important and this can be seen from some really flourishing saas bahu sagas (I won't name themWink but they have extremely average looking actor/actresses in lead roles) How ever for QH2's initial story line it was utmost improtant that the men and women look good, which they didLOL. To add to it, our leads can act too. So they've done and offered what they can. Now its all on the story .. if they write a good story, they can go beyond those where acting talent, looks are average. So if you ask me, QH2 is actually thriving on the good looks and acting talent of its leadWink because the story sucksTongue

Edited by minnie2308 - 28 December 2014 at 2:45am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

SheAishJShuklamicshyMrDarcyfanLovenarbhi...Tanu...ShaitaanKiKhalaflora212

ssrdj IF-Rockerz
ssrdj
ssrdj

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 2:45am | IP Logged
Thanks yaari for pm

To be honest, I have never understood the strategy of trp audience, but it is definitely not star factor...may be a star can attract audience foe initial episodes.

Second comes the story..I had earlier thought may be story contributes but nowadays I feel even story is not contributing towards trps...

Nowadays I feel it is just drama that boost trps.Trp audience are looking towards drama...be it logical or illogical...

And the drama effect is definitely a team work..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tastahninMrDarcyfan_shadesnature_

_shadesnature_ IF-Stunnerz
_shadesnature_
_shadesnature_

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 3:03am | IP Logged
...Thank you so much for creating this debate over this topic ."...
Well the question of does superstar or popular actors boost the show or film  
It's fifty fifty answer 
Sometime yes it does 
Sometime don't 
But I will go for yes superstar boost the content of show or film ...think practically guys 
Take the example of this show 
When Karan leave the show it faces upside down tremendously 
Raqesh was second option ...asad and Zoya marriage was about to happen but the duscussion was on the Karan ...
I know people were attached to him ..but still ...,...I am sorry if the people didn't agree to my words ...
Now take the example of Bollywood ..nowadays if film is going to release ok let's refer the film of "KHAN BRIGADE " hardly people go for story content but go for the name of "Khan" ...this is the policy but gladly thier films are disappointing but main popular credit always go for them 
In Indian television there were  show whose story content was much better to the comparison of other show but the TRPS go for popular aCtor  to and shows ...
But the second phase is also here some Newly arrived shows of Pakistan like zindagi Gulzar hai ,humsafar ...the main base of popularity was story content and credit goes to everyone who related with the show ...
FILM LIKE BHAG MILKHA BHAG ,MARRY KOM ...KAHANI IT  WAS NOT PARTICULAR ACTOR CENTRIC FILM ..
THE MAIN THING IS THAT INDIAN VIEWRS ARE CONFUSED OVER THE BLANCE OF "POPULAR ACTOR ...AND STORY CONTENT ...AND PEOPLE WHO ARE RELATED TO THAT PROJECT ...

BUT I THINK THE THERE SHOULD BE A TRANSFORMATION ON VIEWS OF PEOPLE SO THAT THEY DO NOT MAKE THEM SELVE "ACTOR CENTRIC"

Edited by NATURESHIVANI - 28 December 2014 at 3:13am
JShukla IF-Dazzler
JShukla
JShukla

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 8:02am | IP Logged
I dont know about the rest, but if they guarantee that they will show KVB for atleast half the program length every day with some good dialogs, some good romance and some good stunts, I shall come back to watchBig smile
He he...

SheAish

-RohitMaxwell- IF-Addictz
-RohitMaxwell-
-RohitMaxwell-

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Thanks everyone for such positive response! Almost everyone shares the same thought that 'Actors do not alone bring trps' otherwise if ppl watched for actors... there was no need for caneraman even as ppl would love to watch them taking selfie J/K ROFL i am skeptical to continue the discussion... lol... so its delusional to say XYZ increased the trps...
PS... Never judge a post by its title. Read the post too before commenting. At least my Title & posts are never same LOL
PPS... Pragya i do not know if i said this before or not but you have to be my most favorite/only favorite KVB fan. or from any other fandom who certainly knows how to accept criticism & to respect others opinions. I really respect you & your post... Tongue thanks for visiting & commenting on my posts. God bless you Hug

_shadesnature_

Go to top