Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Does a particular actor/actress deserves credit for trp success alone? (Page 3)

micshy IF-Dazzler
micshy
micshy

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:20am | IP Logged
In my opinion . if particularly asking about this serial. We r here not talking about the success of the show as a whole. In daily serials the success is seen as measured by trps. Some shows show successively good trps n continue with it, some serials show a stable trp ( on a lower or high level) n there r some where trps continously change. In our serials fr the padt few months thats the case, sometimes its good, sometimes stable ( v less often) n sometimes decreasing ... So in that case an actor, a track, a sequence should be blamed. 
I agree with mandy that in totality only story is the king, if the story is well executed , it shows. 

But lets guve u an example, if a particular actor/actress goes missing fr a while, those who have been continously watching connects with the actor, so they'll definitely miss that actor, n when his/her comeback is promoted or anticipated its definitely going to attract audiences and gain trp for that particular week or two. I will give the example of Seher's entry, ppl were arguing but there was an anticipation to see her entry that showed in the trp boost. So Regarding ur topican actor/actress can give a trp boost fir a week or two, but the trps will sustain or not that depends on the STORY. Success in totality should be credited to the whole team but just like some tracks boost the trps , the actors/actresses also boost it.

I will give an example of Kis desh mei hai mera dil, prem was shown as dead, the trps kept going low. N then going by ekta's style prem came back from dead, n that was promoted too. So his comeback boosted the trps definitely.

Concluding my points, an actor actress can give a trp boost but thats momentary if the track is not worth watching the actor/actress cant do anything alone 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

SheAishJShuklaLovenarbhiMs.Sherlocked...Tanu...ShaitaanKiKhalaflora212

najma123 IF-Rockerz
najma123
najma123

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:37am | IP Logged

Good attempt. Thanks for the PM.

The captain of a ship is the guy who gets maximum prominence. Similarly, in a movie, the director is the captain but people see only what is INFRONT of their eyes and not what is behind the curtains. So, we see the actors and credit them for success or sue them for failure.

In a TV show, especially, Indian shows, many a time, more than the director or script writer, the producer takes prominence. There is no set story line to adhere to. Many a time, the story is changed on a daily basis on the set itself. This is because of the presence or absence of some actors, the TRP ratings etc.

For e.g. When KVB was sick, QH showed a lot of crap with the actors they had, and I frankly lost interest. I didn't start watching until he came back.

Do you think the story PRIOR to KVB calling in sick would have been to show Sanam dressed as a ghost and all the grave scenes? It may have been different but they had to change whatever they have in mind to accommodate his absence.

So, clearly, from the above instance, it's obvious that no actor is indispensable. They didn't stop showing QH just because KVB wasn't in there, did they? I am not sure about TRPs but I think lately, QH has been doing mediocrely well... Average performance, I'd say? If the figures say otherwise, my apologies.

I used to love QH with Asad and Zoya especially the actors. Does it mean the show ran really well and it topped the charts? Not really... There were ups and downs.

A serial is a cumulative effort by many. Everybody plays a vital part - the spot boys, cameramen, crew, the actors, makeup artists, directors and others.

Not one factor affects TRPs completely. But, yes, having a good cast acts as a catalyst definitely.

For instance, I love KSG. If I know, a new show has him in the cast; I will end up watching the first few episodes just to know what it is about. If it had someone, I did not know, initially, I wouldn't be interested. But later, if the story is good, and the actors act well, I may start watching it.

I don't have proofs but there are so many shows which don't have brilliant, popular actors. They still run, don't they?

How can you give credits only to the actors for the TRPs? Everyone gets credit. The entire cast does. A show ended recently after a few months of starting. It ended because they felt the story line ends there and it would drag later. It didn't have actors that I am crazy about. Still, I ended up watching it because the story was amazing and the actors did a brilliant job.

Who said the actors get the credit of success alone? They don't. Any article mentions every factor that worked for the show. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SheAishmicshySprinklesOfLove

Ms.Sherlocked IF-Sizzlerz
Ms.Sherlocked
Ms.Sherlocked

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:15am | IP Logged
A thoughtful post Yaari. And I am glad the discussion has been healthy till now. 
For me a show is a team effort. Its like a company which is having profits and losses and is sharing both between them. Only the actors of the leads CANNOT be the sole purpose of gains or losses. Its just lame to even think like that its doing great because of that or that..The same team is for when there are losses, the same team is there when there are gains. Simple as that.

Yes stars do draw some attention and publicity, but till when exactly? If the characters and the story lacks in creativity, there is no need nor there is any interest. Drama is the main quotient of our shows and they do work. Second is romance, that too works.

Story equals to TRPs.

I too agree with Mandy. India like SERIOUSLY needs to end the shows when dragging starts and instead come up with seasons with a fresh new look. It would be like the BEST decision.

I also think the genres of the shows should also be changed from drama and romance to some thrill and crime and even "good" comedy. However I don't think they would last long when Indian audience is concerned. Sigh!

So I have to stick with "The Practice" and Men At Work" only. LOL

Edited by Prags_Sociopath - 27 December 2014 at 1:15am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JShuklamicshy

-silentbang- IF-Sizzlerz
-silentbang-
-silentbang-

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:57am | IP Logged
nice post...yaariSmile
popular and renowned actor can give a good start to a show...but then after sometime even his or her fans will not even watch it if story is not good...
mostly people in forum are online audience...who mostly watch show for their favourite couple or actor...but trp audience watch show for a good story line and bit of drama...
so for trp ...good storyline and consistency is required ...Smile

Edited by cale - 27 December 2014 at 1:57am

micshytastahnin

typhoon IF-Rockerz
typhoon
typhoon

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:29am | IP Logged
good post yaariEmbarrassed
actors ofcourse  do  make  a difference  but its  also  story  director     audiance needs good  story  plus drama   and roamnce  Embarrassed

qh   sj  owns in the sense  she played   zoya  sanam seher    and   of course  its  good characterisation and sj acting which   made it possible EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

qh 1  stoey truned crapped  so  they need to take leap   kabhiEmbarrassed  were epic    now  sanam   seher  rocks  see revenge is getting trp  so its  about  story tellingEmbarrassed

no actor alone can bring trpLOL

micshytastahnin

MesmerizinArish IF-Sizzlerz
MesmerizinArish
MesmerizinArish

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:48am | IP Logged
Awesome!
Surbhilicious.. IF-Sizzlerz
Surbhilicious..
Surbhilicious..

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:54am | IP Logged

Very Nice post yaariStar

Well the opinion regarding this differs from person to personLOL...For an online watcher its about there favourite stars n all..so for them the credit goes to that particular actor in generalLOL...But One thing which is above all TRPs and TVT's that actors and CV's bring is the dedication towards a show called Qubool Hai...If a tv show don't possess brilliant actors a show cant run and to be honest if actors really bring TRP's then Surbhi deserves the whole credit she is with Qh from day 1 till now...n Trp audience too get attached with actors n characters and since she is performing and they r watching her since 2012 in QH...So like most of us Qubool hai is about Zoya Sanam n Seher...So credit should be given to her...But to me Its a Team work in which direction plays a vital role so yeah credit should be given to the whole crew...Only Good Drama brings Trp!

Thnx for PmHug

micshytastahnin

neenabinu IF-Sizzlerz
neenabinu
neenabinu

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Nice post Yaari, thx for the PM...

The success of a show belongs to the entire team, the director plays a very important part ..

A star male/female lead can bring in the fans initially but its the script and characters that will give a loyal audience for the show.

Go to top