Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Does a particular actor/actress deserves credit for trp success alone? (Page 2)

-RohitMaxwell- IF-Addictz
-RohitMaxwell-
-RohitMaxwell-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhatamKahani

^^ You introduced the topic and debate by stating a fact which is incorrect. There can't be debate when it's introduced with an erroneous fact.
its your wish to continue... But i am not telling anyone to debate over my fact(which may be correct or incorrect)! you can cont. without facts or with facts in my other reply! rest upto you!

-RohitMaxwell-
-RohitMaxwell-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
@Raingoddess see i am not offended & i am cool & calm Tongue & i do agree with your replies! see there's a way to reply which you have & i don have chance to disagree! i also maintained always from season 1 story & whole team deserves credit not any particular actor... & my debate is between these two... let me edit my post to make it more clear ..    i did not make this post to argue over facts... rather a healthy discission/debate over crediting for success/trps

Edited by -RohitMaxwell- - 26 December 2014 at 5:30pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RehanlovesSehermicshyIn-Sanity-MetisRaingoddess

-RohitMaxwell-
-RohitMaxwell-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
phew edited my post... now debate with/out facts according to choice! & this post isnt forced towards anyone to discuss! depends on personal choice Tongue

hopefully i will be replying soon Tongue
MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
In my opinion an actor, or actors alone cannot make or break a show! A show's success to me is based on STRONG story, good writing, good script, and also the acting and directing. A good director is a MUST as is a strong script, and clear vision and execution. I know in daily soaps they lack the latter.

THAT is why I say that India should gear towards either having "Finite" shows, like for 1 year etc, OR do seasons like most western countries do. A season lasts for 6 months, and then off for 6 months and then comes back! I guess Indian TV makers are afraid if they did that, the viewers will turn off and not be interested in Season 2, but this is a fallacy! As it has been proven by shows in many countries that ran for sometimes 10 years under this system! I am talking Prime Time shows, not "Daytime" soaps! (Which is the time most western countries telecast their soaps, and those shows are useless to the max, and have no real story, bad acting and is a Vamp fest!).

India really needs to move away from this endless dragging system and do finite shows or Seasons. That way TRP will remain consistent due to good story, script, acting and execution. Everyone will stay fresh and the product will be FAR superior!

So, in conclusion what I have to say is NO. Star power may DRAW people into a show. (Like right now, I am watching a Life OK show for the first time, due to me being a fan of the male lead, who was once featured in a popular SP show). He has not even ENTERED the show yet, but I am loving the show, coz it has a very interesting story, suspense, drama, good acting and high production values! So star power can get people IN the door, but cant KEEP them, if the rest is not falling in line. If the product itself is of low quality, or the story is not making sense, then no "Star" can save the show! 

Actors are as good as the material they are given to work with! YES, a "Good" actor can make more of even the lamest scenes or scripts, and that is their talent. But that alone cannot increase TRP, coz people want to be entertained. Just looking at the face of a "Star" is not enough to entertain you! YES, we watch sometimes coz we love the actor, but we watch while complaining and the truth is we want to quit, and sometimes we even do! 

I am a Non Indian and overseas viewer, so I don't contribute to TRP. But I think even TRP audience probably wants higher quality content, and don't just tune in to see a "Star!"

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

micshytastahninIn-Sanity-MetisSprinklesOfLoveRaingoddessMs.Sherlocked...Tanu...Lovenarbhiflora212ShaitaanKiKhala

rakshaanra IF-Dazzler
rakshaanra
rakshaanra

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Wow, Saturday evening debate

Not much deep rather shallow views coz I m not too much into the show

But since I like crashing into your Posts ...

For me it was never the star coz I don't watch hindi serials don't have satellite dish so a purely internet international viewer Embarrassed

Came across KSG and Surbhi on YouTube, the one she knocks right into him when Ayaan was hiding in room, and just the chemistry the story got me hooked. But the constant dragging the failed nikahs soured it big time

KVB for me was not acceptable in the beginning but his acting was won over me and I was a regular until the 2 nd nikah of Ahil

So if you got good story, good actors, I will get the popcorn

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

micshytastahninSprinklesOfLove

tastahnin IF-Dazzler
tastahnin
tastahnin

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
great post Yaari Thumbs Up

well,the answer of u'r ques is a big fat NO...

if star power worked,then QH would have ended by Dec,2013...

if people would have watched shows for celebs, shows like Madhubala,Rangrasiya wouldn't have been shut down due to lack of trps...whereas shows like Udaan which doesn't have a proper lead is doing so well in trp chart...

i myself watch this show for an actor but a FACT is a FACT...trp audience doesn't know who SJ,KSG,RV,KVB are...the only factor that can keep them glued is a gripping STORYLINE (though i myself don't find the story gripping anymore,but may be some other does Tongue)

and may be i am sounding too harsh,but if the show could run without KSG,it will run without SJ or KVB...yes,i am saying this despite being a die-hard SJ fan...

Edited by tastahnin - 26 December 2014 at 10:09pm

karismanayak1rakshaanramicshyIn-Sanity-Metis

flora212 IF-Stunnerz
flora212
flora212

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
No an actress or actor cant bring trp alone but sometimes a character gets more popular than a show itself...for example there are some shows which have brilliant story line but not great characters and there are some shows in which characters are brilliant but story not appreciable. And trps are most of time good in 2nd type..  And if both characters and show is mast toh baat hi kuch aur but esa bohot kam hota he. And characters are played by actors if a particular character becomes popular the credit is given to the actor most of time or specially but as a whole ofcourse its team work. And in woman oriented shows some time a male lead character overpowers the female lead. 
So in short characters play the important role not any particular actress or track...and if characters are awsome so obviously people will look forward to story.  If characters are not awsome and story awsome then no it doesn't work

Edited by flora212 - 26 December 2014 at 10:22pm

micshykyph21...Tanu...ShaitaanKiKhala

In-Sanity-Metis IF-Rockerz

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:07am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

micshytastahninSherni_Jerry

Go to top