Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Saif out of Reema's next over pay disputes (Page 3)

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by swati1975us

Saif has his financial insecurities. I remember back when he had to be hospitalized when he was working round the clock he said something to the effect that he has his 2 kids to support. And now on top of that he has a pricey Begum and her Mummyji as extra baggage. 
Don't know what this Pataudi fortune is that everyone keeps talking about. Have any of you guys seen Pataudi? It's a small village in back of beyond Haryana that only got famous because MAK Pataudi was a good cricket player. Indian royalty don't get their privy purse income anymore (that was abolished in the 1970s). 

The only way most of the former royals make money is by turning their former residences into heritage hotels. Is Pataudi mansion a hotel yet? 

They are related from their father's maternal side to the Bhopal royal family that is far wealthier so maybe there's some cash there (doubtful though). Film money is pretty much all Saif got at this point. 

About the Pataudi  estate and family  fued..

Sharmila eyes family feud end
- In Bhopal to settle property dispute

RASHEED KIDWAI
Sharmila Tagore at Flag Staff House in Bhopal on Wednesday. Picture by Saeed Faruqui

Bhopal, Dec. 28: Sharmila Tagore today landed in Bhopal with the "purpose" of settling a long royal wrangle her late husband, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, had with his sisters over mansions and palaces in Bhopal spread over 2,000 acres.

This is the first visit by Begum Ayesha Sultana " as Sharmila is known in Pataudi's family " to Flag Staff House after the death of Tiger Pataudi, the former Indian cricket captain, in September.

Sitting in the verandah of Flag Staff House, over which Pataudi had fought several rounds of court battles with his sisters, Sharmila seemed confident to reach a deal that would satisfy all. "I have come here with a sense of purpose. There is little point in continuing these never-ending court cases and paying hefty fees to lawyers," she said.

Pataudi's two sisters " Saleha, 71, and Sabiha, 69 " live in Hyderabad. "I have excellent rapport with both of them," Sharmila said. "Sabiha Begum has not come but her husband, Arjuman Ali Khan, is here."

Sharmila, wearing a mehndi green sari and a matching shawl, said her children " Saif, Saba and Soha " and their cousins (the children of Saleha and Sabiha) were keen on an early and amicable settlement. Echoing Sharmila, Saleha's son Faiz Bin Jung said: "It's (the dispute) a family matter and we will sort it out within the family."

After the death of Pataudi's mother Begum Sajida Sultan, the last nawab begum of Bhopal, the cricketer was recognised as the head of the royal house. However, Saleha and Sabiha have been fighting for what they claim is their share in the ancestral properties.

Flag Staff House, a mansion built on seven acres in the present-day upmarket Koh-e-Fiza area of Bhopal, is one of the estates under dispute. It was built as a guesthouse to entertain visiting Englishmen during British rule. The mansion was Pataudi's home whenever he visited Bhopal.

In 2005, Pataudi had moved Jabalpur High Court against a fast-track court verdict that granted his sisters the right to stay in Flag Staff House.

Pataudi moved court after Sabiha sent a fax from Hyderabad seeking the keys to the mansion. The caretaker declined, asking her to wait till Pataudi returned from Britain.

Pataudi, in his appeal, claimed that he was merely a tenant of Flag Staff House, paying a rent of Rs 2,000, and thus could not allow his sisters to stay in the mansion. He said his mother had appointed him the tenant a few months before she died in 1995.

The Bhopal court rejected his plea, saying the lease document was not valid. It said the sisters had the right to use the house as Pataudi's lease as tenant had expired.

However, within the family no settlement was reached on how the siblings should jointly own Flag Staff House.

In addition to this, the Pataudis are also fighting cases against the Madhya Pradesh government for encroachment on their estates.

Sharmila's elder daughter Saba is looking into another set of disputes as the custodian of the Auqaf-e-Shahi, a Rs 1,000-crore worth of princely endowments and properties with religious and charitable significance.

There was a spot of brightness amid all this for the family though.

Sharmila said she was pleased to know the BCCI planned to hold a Pataudi Memorial Lecture on the lines of the Sir Donald Bradman Oration. She said she had a few names in mind for the lecture. "Yes, I would like to suggest a few names like Mike Brearley, Ted Dexter (former England skippers) or Ian Chappell (former Australia skipper)," she said.

Share on emailShare on printShare on facebookShare on twitterMore Sharing Services

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Bandwagon-erswati1975usG..OAT

swati1975us IF-Rockerz
swati1975us
swati1975us

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by you2

About the Pataudi  estate and family  fued..

Thanks for the link. Just what I had imagined. That Rs 1000 crore property mentioned is Waqf property - it belongs to a religious trust and is most definitely not for personal use of the Pataudi family. Saba is just a trustee as a member of the Begum of Bhopal family. 

Apart from that, it seems all they really have is that guesthouse in Bhopal (the other properties seem to have been acquired by the Madhya Pradesh state and I doubt the Pataudi family can claw them back). 

I checked and apparently Pataudi Palace has indeed been turned into a heritage hotel. There you go - all cash strapped former royals turn their homes into heritage hotels. The Pataudis wouldn't have done so if they really had a substantial fortune. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IAmLuvBollyMallika-E-Bhais

IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:24am | IP Logged
Sharmila's elder daughter Saba is looking into another set of disputes as the custodian of the Auqaf-e-Shahi, a Rs 1,000-crore worth of princely endowments and properties with religious and charitable significance.

Doesn't this sound like something that should be government property and belong either in state treasury or a museum?  

I'm starting to see why Babita approved of this marriage.  This whole old school aristocratic nonexistent royalty but we'll pretend we are still royals matches up with her over ambitious living vicariously through her daughters reputation. 

swati1975usgrounderG..OAT

hermione82 IF-Rockerz
hermione82
hermione82

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:44am | IP Logged

Also I guess Saif has to shell out hefty amount as alimony to Amrita for his two children..

God forbid if Kareena ever divorces Saif, he has to sell the Pataudi mansion for meeting her need for alimonyWink
anonymous39 IF-Dazzler
anonymous39
anonymous39

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:10am | IP Logged
I doubt Saif is paying much to Amrita.  Indian divorce laws are really not that strong and women usually get screwed in terms of finances.

In Saif's case, he didn't make a lot of money during the Amrita marriage anyway.  He was just a struggling sidey actor through most of those years and Amrita had been a successful actress in the past.  I doubt she was able to get too much out of him.

Don't think Kareena will ever leave him.  These second marriages tend to last for whatever reason. Saif's prime is also behind him so I highly doubt he would leave her and start over again now at this age. It's too hard. 

Edited by anonymous39 - 27 December 2014 at 2:09am

swati1975usgrounderTheRager

swati1975us IF-Rockerz
swati1975us
swati1975us

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Doesn't this sound like something that should be government property and belong either in state treasury or a museum?  

I'm starting to see why Babita approved of this marriage.  This whole old school aristocratic nonexistent royalty but we'll pretend we are still royals matches up with her over ambitious living vicariously through her daughters reputation. 

It's not government property. It's in a religious trust and is Waqf property which gets governed by its own set of regulations. Waq is overseen by appointed trustees and Saba is one (why Saba I have no idea - Saif is the eldest kid). Here you go - all you ever want to know about Waqf endowments

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waqf

Ha ha ha - Saif and Begum are the epitome of puffing up non-existent royalty into something grandiose. Bhagyashree comes from a royal family with a similar sized royal domain and doesn't make as big a deal about it. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

IAmLuvBollygrounderG..OATyou2

swati1975us IF-Rockerz
swati1975us
swati1975us

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anonymous39

I doubt Saif is paying much to Amrita.  Indian divorce laws are really not that strong and women usually get screwed in terms of finances.

In Saif's case, he didn't make a lot of money during the Amrita marriage anyway.  He was just a struggling sidey actor through most of those years and Amrita had been a successful actress in the past.  I doubt she was able to get too much out of him.

Don't think Kareena will ever leave him.  These second marriages tend to last for whatever reason. Saif's prime is also behind him so I highly doubt he would leave her and start over again now at this age. It's too hard. 

Amrita has explicitly said in the past that Saif has not been very good about providing financial support for his kids. So it is probably correct that she got very little by way of alimony. 
hermione82 IF-Rockerz
hermione82
hermione82

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anonymous39

Agree with you one part. I too think their marriage will last..Kareena seems to be much into Saif

Go to top