Bigg Boss 8

India-Forums

Bigg Boss 8
Bigg Boss 8

Upen Patel gives a bad name to foreigners of desi origin (Page 5)

Prishasays Senior Member
Prishasays
Prishasays

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheBoss

Upen Patel is the epitome of the typical stereotype of persons of desi origin. He walks around like he is the only foreign born individual from subcontinent. Despite having lived a decade or more in India he is yet to properly speak the language of the land. His tardiness can also speak for itself as 90% times he is seen lying around like some welfare recipient. 
Throughout the season he has progressed and only progressed on the backbone of other females, simply speaking he has leeched his way to the 14th week. He walks around with a superioty complex and looks down on others when he himself has done nothing in his uneventful life and accomplished nothing. 

A man with no financial security or focus of any goals in his life. He simply takes joy in hiding under a veil of a nearby female and indulging in gossiping and backbiting and he continues to play with peoples emotions. He is a bad example and does not necessary represent the desi community abroad.

I thought I should spell it out there incase there is any confusion when individuals like him boost the stereotype from our bretheren back home.

Edit: Im only bring this "foreign" angle because he has himself broguht this to hide behind, or claim ignorance throughout his season. If he wants to bank and benefit from such strategy then I guess he also opens himself into accoutability and to questions.

UPEN actually represents the desi population abroad at its worst...me n my family r part of the ABCD( American born confused desi) community too..but most ppl I grew with had to learn their mother tongue or at least Hindi..though it's a different issue that as we got older we started replying back in English..I don't speak Hindi good too..but the superior attitude he displays...like the other HM's r somehow inferior just coz he speaks English is not necessarily an NRI trait..but is a character flaw...most ppl who grew up abroad will agree with me that we all grew up  learning to do household work like cooking , cleaning n basically learning to do our own work rather than depend on maids n household help( which is more common in India)..n tardiness is a personal flaw too..excuse me if I have offended anyone..it is just my personal opinion...but we NRI's r proud of our Indian heritage..n most of us r time-locked to the period when our parents migrated abroad..that we take pride in following our Indian culture..even more so than our Indian contemporaries ...so Upen is just a bad example of the NRI community!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

devsriyakhushi_shankarSecretsmilesCaptiveFreedomPicasso9Love-u-all

Love-u-all IF-Rockerz
Love-u-all
Love-u-all

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
After all this finger pointing and bad mouthing Upen. I can only say:

Upen is still much better then our national hero, all time great contestant of all  seasons of bigg boss ever, his Highness, nwab toley khan sab, the one and only one of its kind Sir Gautam Gulati Ji.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rajvta

Secretsmiles Senior Member
Secretsmiles
Secretsmiles

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prishasays

Upen Patel is the epitome of the typical stereotype of persons of desi origin. He walks around like he is the only foreign born individual from subcontinent. Despite having lived a decade or more in India he is yet to properly speak the language of the land. His tardiness can also speak for itself as 90% times he is seen lying around like some welfare recipient. 
Throughout the season he has progressed and only progressed on the backbone of other females, simply speaking he has leeched his way to the 14th week. He walks around with a superioty complex and looks down on others when he himself has done nothing in his uneventful life and accomplished nothing. 

A man with no financial security or focus of any goals in his life. He simply takes joy in hiding under a veil of a nearby female and indulging in gossiping and backbiting and he continues to play with peoples emotions. He is a bad example and does not necessary represent the desi community abroad.

I thought I should spell it out there incase there is any confusion when individuals like him boost the stereotype from our bretheren back home.

Edit: Im only bring this "foreign" angle because he has himself broguht this to hide behind, or claim ignorance throughout his season. If he wants to bank and benefit from such strategy then I guess he also opens himself into accoutability and to questions.

UPEN actually represents the desi population abroad at its worst...me n my family r part of the ABCD( American born confused desi) community too..but most ppl I grew with had to learn their mother tongue or at least Hindi..though it's a different issue that as we got older we started replying back in English..I don't speak Hindi good too..but the superior attitude he displays...like the other HM's r somehow inferior just coz he speaks English is not necessarily an NRI trait..but is a character flaw...most ppl who grew up abroad will agree with me that we all grew up  learning to do household work like cooking , cleaning n basically learning to do our own work rather than depend on maids n household help( which is more common in India)..n tardiness is a personal flaw too..excuse me if I have offended anyone..it is just my personal opinion...but we NRI's r proud of our Indian heritage..n most of us r time-locked to the period when our parents migrated abroad..that we take pride in following our Indian culture..even more so than our Indian contemporaries ...so Upen is just a bad example of the NRI community!

you're both right! Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PrishasaysLove-u-all

Love-u-all IF-Rockerz
Love-u-all
Love-u-all

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Secretsmiles

you're both right! Smile

Perfect narration of Upen's personality, but if he is the only one dissected won't be fair to him.
In comparison we can start a very well behaved similar analysis of other male housemates like Ali Quli who barks like a dog all the time. And extremely self centered and fake to the core Gautam Gulati This might as well enlighten us all BB forum addicts.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rajvta-.Kangan.-MidnightRambler

Doodh_Ki_Dhuli IF-Dazzler
Doodh_Ki_Dhuli
Doodh_Ki_Dhuli

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Love-u-all

Perfect narration of Upen's personality, but if he is the only one dissected won't be fair to him.
In comparison we can start a very well behaved similar analysis of other male housemates like Ali Quli who barks like a dog all the time. And extremely self centered and fake to the core Gautam Gulati This might as well enlighten us all BB forum addicts.

LOL he's not the only one getting dissected..everyone's free to do their own analysis on the contestants and people do.. some are more obnoxious and douche-y than others so people feel more strongly about them..

feel free to start one on Ali Quli Mili i will partake in it as well.. but that thread will also have a response that will say "why are you dissecting AQM's personality? what about Upen? its not fair do one on Gautam too and one on Pritam"

Born2PizzaPicasso9CaptiveFreedom

shaz2009 IF-Stunnerz
shaz2009
shaz2009

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
I'm frm London... and I hvnt yet come across a guy who bitches, gossips about guys and girls both.Most London bred guys dnt bitch and feel insecure about the next guys popularity quotient.He just likes to gossip like us girls do...no offence  to any women out here,but we women are known to gossip and bitch more in comparison to guys...lol.I mean is it a wonder why he just sleeps and lazes about with the girls all day long.The way he just picks on Sonali and demeans her in that way...just goes to show what an ugly person he Really is.Hes insecurity towards contemporaries in life... is probably the biggest reason why he hasn't achieved much on the Bollywood front or anything else career wise.he is the worst person to compare to in representing desi communities abroad!

PrishasaysPicasso9TheBoss

Love-u-all IF-Rockerz
Love-u-all
Love-u-all

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Heisenberg.

Originally posted by Heisenberg.

Claudia Ceisla, Elli, Vida, Sunny Leone spoke better Hindi? LOL.. if you say so. LOL

Gossiping?, really?, this is your argument? lmao - let he who has not sinned cast the first stone, who hasn't gossiped?, the so-called "boys" group have engaged in some of the most hardcore bitchfests, never knew it was a crime to hang around with the girls?, or are you trying to imply that only girls gossip and bitch?

Bad eye for the girls?, again, just your opinion.  The girls are comfortable with him, they like to be in his company, he hasn't played around with them the way Gulati has and then dumps them at a drop of a hat because he's worried about his image.

The general consensus overall amongst the housemates and guests has been that Upen is a decent guy.  Even his enemies conceded that much.

I understand where you are coming from so I guess we can agree to disagree.

Just to rebutt a few of your points. Yes everyone has indulged in gossip, even the men. But Upen has denied this and he is still in his belief that the whole world is cornered him. For what? And for why? He is hardly a threat or a strong contender.

He has let down his closest friends. Many particularly Sonali comes to mind, she tried to stay by him but he has always judged her and badmouthed her behind her back. He is definitely one guy that I wouldnt trust to ever have my back (but then again its just my opinion).

Like I said I wouldn't have brought this foreign perspective but he has time and time again used this to his advantage to plead ignorance or proclaim his supreme mindset.

Agree to disagree, but just one thing, maybe you're only judging him based on his performance since last week, you said you haven't seen most of the season so I don't know how much you've seen, but when Upen didn't do anything, kept himself out of drama, he was bashed for being boring and invisible, when he finally started doing something, he was bashed for being irritating and annoying, although I loved his psycho act last week, but it's been a case of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

This foreign argument in unnecessary, should we start making threads like "Salman Khan/*insert any housemate name* gives a bad name to Indians abroad", if you don't like him, fair enough, but no need to speak on all our behalf.

Heisenberg Clap

Branding Upen as a  foreigner is wrong in the first place... let alone using him to give bad name to NRI community, who even living abroad still love India as much as any other Indian. He is in a TV reality show. trying to make a living like all other hms.. nothing to do with his country of origin or his behavior reflective of  any resident or non resident Indian. Its a silly argument to simply bash someone you don't like.

Edited by Love-u-all - 26 December 2014 at 7:24pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MidnightRambler

TheBoss IF-Sizzlerz
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 9:37pm | IP Logged

I definitely agree. I think both of us are touching the same points. The desi community is one of the hardest bunch of people out there, they work all through the year even on Christmas days. When these people migrate in scope of a job/better life etc they try to excel and try to learn the language of the land and its customs and traditions. I find this a poor excuse on Mr Patels part to comfortably live in India for the past 10 years, be a desi and yet keep bringing the point that "he is a foreigner" "he is from london" "he has language impedance" etc. He talks about his evolved and positive mind and how he talks about being indifferent and matured than others but in reality he continues to demonstrate otherwise.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PrishasaysCaptiveFreedomPicasso9Doodh_Ki_Dhuli

Go to top