India-Forums

Kumkum Bhagya
Kumkum Bhagya

Abhigya OS - Never Too Late

--simmi-- IF-Rockerz
--simmi--
--simmi--

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Hi guys so I was watching a film called Vivaah starring shahid kapoor and Amrita rao and the fire scene caught my attention! I decided to write a story just a little based on it. I do hope you like it!

Two days before Bulbul and Purabs marriage in the Mehra Mansion was being held a party when Mithalis kids found some fireworks still left over in the spare room. They picked them up and begged Daadi that they could use them and Daadi finally agreed knowing there was no point in keeping them and the kids kept on insisting. The Arora And Mehra family were very happy and Daadi was happy that no one was sulking. Well other than Aliya of course. She had refused to come out of her room and Daadi had given up on her. She didn't force her and let her be. Abhi and her knew this was going to be hard for her but she would get over it eventually. She stayed in her room while everyone went out with the fireworks.

Abhi picked up the rocket and went to light it but stopped before doing so. He remembered Chashmish giving him a lecture last time. He looked at her and she still had that expression on as if to start moaning any minute.

"Eyy chashmish come over here." Abhi called her over and she walked over.

"You really shouldn't. This is a waste of money" Pragya started as soon as she came over.

"God you and your bak-bak. Come light this rocket with me." He pulled her hand but she didn't budge. If there was one thing she was scared of then it was fire. She hated it and much preferred to stay away.

"Chashmish nothing will happen okay. It's just a rocket." Abhi teased her.

"No stay away." Pragya flinched and ran away leaving Abhi laughing. He was glad that Tanu wasn't there because lately whenever he laughed with chashmish she would glare at him or moan. He was glad she was busy tonight with her friends and he would not have to listen to her.

The kids were still protesting for more fireworks while Daadi left them with some responsible adults while the family went inside to discuss some more arrangements for the marriage. Abhi especially wanted to make this marriage memorable knowing how much pain he had caused Purab and Bulbul. This was the least he could do for them. They were all seated and Abhi was giving ideas about the decoration. He thought that pink coloured flowers would look great but Pragya had other ideas.

"No, I don't like that colour how about red and white. They are great colours." Pragya interrupted.

"Eyy chashmish no one asked you. What I say will happen after all it's my best friends marriage." Said Abhi.

"And my only sisters. Red and white okay." She said.

"Pink." Said Abhi

"Red and whi..." Pragya didn't finish because Abhi touched her nose.

"Silence" he said and carried on talking but Pragya carried on speaking.

The rest of the family left them to it and carried on speaking laughing at their childish behaviour. The sound of laughter echoed throughout the halls.

Outside the children lit a rocket, it was the last one left. The adults had gone in tired and the kids were tempted. He lit the rocket but before running back he knocked it over and it flew straight through one of the open windows of the mansion creating an explosion inside making everyone jump startled.

Inside the noise made everyone stop shocked. Abhi looked up to see their room on fire. The door broke and the fire was growing rapidly. Anyone upstairs was running down frantically and the rest of the family too got up and left. As they came out Abhi phoned the fire station for help. Daadi asked Abhi to check everyone was there including all of the servants. Abhi looked around and saw Bulbul missing. He went in and saw her dupatta stuck in the door of the kitchen. Abhi helped her pull it out and both reached out safely.

Pragya breathed a sigh of relief and Sarla hugged her while Purab went over to her. The whole house was now covered in flames and that was when Pragya realised Aliya was no where to be seen.

Pragya realised that she must still be in her room because she had not come out and ran in. Abhi called her name following her but Akaash and Purab stopped him because the entrance door to the mansion was surrounded with flames and it was going to be hard to get in. They all shouted at Pragya but she ignored them and still ran in.

She managed to get through the flames of the door and was running up the stairs calling Aliya's name.

"Aliya" she called coughing because of the smoke.

She ran towards her room and saw Aliya fainted on the floor. She ran in and patted her face.

"Aliya" she said. "Get up Aliya. Please!" She said.

She shook Aliya and she stirred. She coughed and Pragya helped her get up. She grabbed a blanket on the floor and wrapped it around Aliya. She herself had nothing to protect her except the silky material of her black saree. She carefully led her out of the room. Aliya was still coughing but Pragya assured her they would get out. She helped her walk one way of the stairs but the banister had fallen and there was no way of them getting off of their. She walked the other way. The walls and banister was covered in flames but it was safer than the other. She led Aliya down the stairs carefully. As they reached the bottom Pragya saw that the entrance main door had fallen. It was surrounded in flames and she saw that Abhi and the rest of the family breathed a sigh of relief at seeing them approaching the door.

"Don't worry" she called. "I have got her." She beckoned Aliya to move forward. The top of the door was creaking and lowering.

"Aliya, go" Pragya shouted but she was too scared. She had always been scared of fire as well since she had been little. Pragya saw her hesitant look and told her she would be fine.

"Dont look at the fire just go!" She shouted.

The wooden bar was lowering more now and Aliya was still not moving. Abhi and the rest of the family were calling for her too move. Pragya looked at the wooden bar and saw it give way falling towards the floor.

"Aliya go!" She shouted pushing her out of the door.

The whole family gasped in horror as the wooden bar fell. Aliya fell on the other side safely but Pragya wasn't able to come out and the bar fell on top of Pragya leaving everyone horrified. The scream of Pragyas voice echoed the hallways. Abhi was the first to move as the fire brigade arrived as well as the ambulance. Abhi helped pick Pragya up and place her in the ambulance while people put out the fire. The rest of the family came in the other car while Abhi sat next to Pragya on the ambulance. The nurses covered her body in a white cloth covering the burns only showing her pale face.

As they arrived at the hospital the doors were pushed open in emergency and the doctor was rushed there. Pragya was taken into the Operation theatre straight away. The doctor said that her burns were severe and she was lucky to not have her face burnt and they were going to have to do an operation to get rid of them. Abhi filled the formalities while the operation started and the rest of the family arrived.

They all questioned Abhi as to what was happening but he was too shocked to move. Daadi came over and made him sit down while Purab comforted Bulbul and her family. All were crying at this sudden turnover of events. Abhi stared at the wall still numb while Aliya came over. He remembered Pragya saying she was scared of fire and she had still gone in to save his sister who had ruined her life.

Aliya placed her hand on his and made him look at her which made him jolt out of the memory of Pragya screaming before falling.

"Aliya are you okay!" He asked.

"Bhai I am fine, I'm sorry this is my fault.   If I hadn't been in there then Pragya wouldn't have run in. I'm sorry" she said.

"No it's fine. Pragya will be fine." Abhi hugged her before walking towards Sarla and Bulbul.

"Pragya will be okay na!" Sarla asked Abhi.

Abhi assured her everything would be okay and held her hand while Purab comforted Bulbul who was too shocked to move.

"Bulbul di will be fine!" He said hugging her.

Many hours later the doctor came out and asked Abhi to come with him in the office. Abhi sat down asking him if Pragya was okay.

"Mr Mehra the operation was successful and your wife is fine." The doctor assured him.

Abhi breathed a sigh of relief.

"The only reason I called you in here alone was because you are her husband and you know the scars of plastic surgery never go very quickly. They will take a few months but you need to make sure that throughout this time you make her feel good about herself. Make her feel she is still the same as before because she may need support." The doctor smiled at him and Abhi knew what he meant.

"Can I meet her!" Abhi asked.

"Of course." The doctor led him into the room where Pragya was still laying down. She was staring at the ceiling when Abhi walked in.

He sat down next to her and held her hand.

"Chashmish why did you do this?" He asked her.

"I know how much Aliya means to you and your family. We all love her. If you can save my sister then what's the problem in me doing the same." She said.

"But..." Abhi said.

"No what's the difference. I got burnt right, but what difference does that make. I was never that pretty or attractive was I. No one looked at me before and no one will look at me now." Pragya said to Abhi.

Abhi felt horrible as she said them words. He knew he had always reminded her of her ugly face but that was purely just to torture her. In fact she was the prettiest and kindest girl he had met, inside and out.

"Don't say that." Said Abhi. "I'm here, I will look after you and you will be fine soon. You will be the same as you were." He said smiling at her.

Sarla and rest of the family too came in. Pragya still couldn't get up from the bed because of the surgery but nevertheless they all spoke to her and made her fell as if nothing had changed.

Outside it was getting dark and everyone left afterwards except Abhi. Pragya was going to be kept at the hospital for a month before she would be able to go out herself. Abhi stayed there with her and cared for her while the nurses showed him how to do everything for her and the medicines she needed. Abhi took care of her and her every need not once making her regret anything and that was when he realised that he loved her he loved his chashmish. And of course it was never too late to change for the best...

Hope you all liked it!!

Edited by simsim25 - 14 April 2015 at 9:08am

The following 59 member(s) liked the above post:

Ekta-Ramnathheenna001gaurialonekirti1708abhigya2003sbsmartness4pratyu29Angel1312sham24mishal9cherrgirl2711larimel22ic_2000shivaniarorajiprincesssarahsdurgasakthiqwerty012x-Ri-Ri-xday_lilytazzy16raima111WaterIcedarrishlovesick23_SJM_falala333-haleemzz--kanishka-Anny90gopikaajitanu3579bismazaman2000sam78illa8sparikharunsunita_gmKrazzy4u786renukha871haillyabhiya23vishuv.Harini.-Rhea-aswin2134jaMarGanFanaahMysterious7-Nive-Hanishadevidaisydee425Arbitrator.Humzykeenu_kkCrazzyBusy.giggles.-mina-vivkritiNichussrbb1

renukha871 IF-Dazzler
renukha871
renukha871

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
I liked it! Never watched the movie, regardless it was a fun read! Thank you for posting!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

theangelicilla8--simmi--rbb1

rbb1 IF-Achieverz
rbb1
rbb1

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
Aww really nice story

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--simmi--

CrazzyBusy IF-Sizzlerz
CrazzyBusy
CrazzyBusy

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Lovely OS dear.

--simmi--

-mina- IF-Stunnerz
-mina-
-mina-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
loved this story simi! great happy ending and family drama, and love the little funny moments early on! <333!!

Edited by -mina- - 26 December 2014 at 8:30pm

--simmi--

Anny90 Goldie
Anny90
Anny90

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
You have written it nicely.. 
The way Pragya saved Aliya is expected from her..she cares for everyone.. And she knows how much abhi loves Aliya..

--simmi--

Humzy IF-Rockerz
Humzy
Humzy

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:01am | IP Logged
lovely os
loved it

--simmi--

bhanu_frn Groupbie
bhanu_frn