Mahakumbh

India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Balidan mein bal hai - 25th December 2014 (Page 2)

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fariaabrar

Nice post Arshiji .

Thanks faria! The show is really different from what we have seenu on indian telly! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fariaabrar

twila IF-Dazzler
twila
twila

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Hey  Arshi ... and all other friends here ...  Hug

Have not been participating in the discussions here as have not been regular with the Show ...

The timing is proving to be slightly problematic for me ...

Have tried to catch up in bits and pieces, but it does not catch the flow . Ouch

But from whatever i have seen ... must commend young Siddarth Nigam ... Clap

What a MAGNIFICENT Job he has done !      StarStar

He has managed to get the Brooding Silence... Intensity...Guilt...Anger ...everything so Brilliantly !  Clap

As for Robin Das as Udiiyaa Baba and Seema Biswas... What can we say about them ...

They are Simply OUTSTANDING !!      ClapClap

Both have been so effortlessly NATURAL and Powerful !!  StarStar

It is a real pleasure to see such Stellar Actors on TV .      Smile

Now really want to be regular as it is time for Gautam's entry ... 

Hoping to be here more often ...    Hug

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

truptishreefariaabrarhotdoggSadia_JenAm-Obsessed-Arshics

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

Loved this weeks's episodes and honestly the actor who plays Udiya baba is brilliant. I was in tears watching his scenes. Whenever he says "Vishu" it makes me choke because the pain in his voice is palpable. The pain of losing a child, the worst pain in the world I think! 

Udiya Baba is a tormented man. His torment is made so clear by Mr Robin Das. Hats off sir! Never seen him before but just love him now. Poland scenes were good but not as good as Banaras. I agree. Yes, both father's made the ultimate sacrifice for the child they had come to love. The child who has become their salvation from their guilt of letting another child down! 

Waiting for Gauty's entry but will miss young Rudra and also Punnu Tiwari! :) as usual Sima Biswas as Maimui excelled. Loved the Ram Leela and setting Ravan on fire! Great scenes, very dramatic! 

Same here, looking forward to Gauti's entry but will miss the two boys who are doing 100% justice to their roles. I wonder who is going to play Punnu 

You are right about Udiya baba being a tormented man, and I remember one of the early episodes, there was a discussion on why he took rudra with him fron the mela, well now we know why! 

I am sure Maimui also has a back story, and it would be interesting to know what. 

I think it is our fortune that we are watching robin das and Seema Biswas everyday 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

fariaabrarSadia_JenAmMrDarcyfan

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kiranpreethee

Arshiji loved the episodes this week. I did not find it surprising that there were some people planning to kill Rudra in the sea as the scene had already been set previously. In some posts it was mentioned that it just was out of the blue. The appearance of the Sadhus and their trishuls and young Rudra being unaware of what is happening behind his back has been done to highlight the mysticism surrounding Rudra. The most poignant scenes were of Robin Das and Seem a Biswas. There was a knot in my throat when I watched Udiya baba suffering for the lost of his son. In credible how good He is. 
Yes the scenes in Poland were not well directed so agree with 4 out of 5.
Looking forward to this week and Gautam Rode, though I will miss this handsome young Rudra and his intensity.

Kiranji, the Blend of the ancient and the modern is being depicted well, and I think it's a first for our telly stuck in saas bahu/ damaad etc etc, where people scheme and plot over which dal to make in the kitchen. 

Here there are high stakes, an ancient secret, the quest for immortality, the greed for power and and world where people are loyal only to position and wealth. In this context the show and its characters are dealing with issues and problems that are the fabric of a society - greed versus generosity, selfishness versus love and selflessness, all that which is an eternal truth and yet so contemporary. 

In all this we also have our superhero, who will fight the evil forces of the world!!! 

Shabash to Babbal Ji for making it a fight for our sanskritI and not for fake sanskars as depicted in our typical desi shows. 

Sadia_JenAm

hotdogg Senior Member
hotdogg
hotdogg

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Hi Arshi...

So I was right that either Udiya Baba or Maimui has to go down to take this to the next logical level...Approve

I like the Udiya Baba actor's acting, but felt the audio recording needs to be better...not easy to pick out his diction or what he's saying lying in the burns unit and then having to guess a little from the next scenes...maybe  I saw this online is the reason...

Liked the Ram Leela scene in the earlier epi...was keeping fingers crossed and hoping we do not get the tacky CGIs when it started and was not let dowm...fortunately the scene was pretty well shot...

To tell you the truth, just don't like the entire Poland track...If you look at it the story in India would have progressed independent of it ...on the contrary it jars the entire India track narrative...its just wasteful and only goes round and round...

1) Father Shiva is apparently now a skilled ancient martial arts expert who can take on 8 - 10 people singel-handed...then how did this guy then manage to get kidnapped by two bozos who only had to put a hood over his face?

2) What was he doing all these 12 long years in such a passive prisoner profile? If he belongs to some Shiv something sect (did not catch the name) and is apparently pretty important as the guardian of the special boy Rudra...what were the other sect members doing all these 12 years? No one tried to find him or the boy?

3) Dont just get the track with the boy Cuba and his abused mother at all? Also, will a woman who is continuing in a abusive relationship with a violent partner and is scared shitless for the safety of her son...will she ever get the gumption to shelter a male stranger in her own home??

4) At some point, the show makers are trying to mirror the relationship between Rudra and his foster father in Father Shiva and Cuba...but its not coming out well at all...

5) The apparently dreaded 'secret' society has no fear of being outed when its members land helicopters in the middle of a town road, with the head lackey carrying a sniper rifle / machine gun and pointing it any anyone...and then letting the only witnesses to this 'secret' society (mother and cuba) off...

Reminded me of the scene from Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron...Duryodhana telling the Pandavs..."Pandav bhaiyon ab  aap log ghar jaayiye..hum bhojan ke baad Draupadi bhabhi ko aapke paas bhijwaa denge" 

6) Manish Wadhwa is such a fantastic actor and they make him wear that silly wig and ask him to do action rather than emote / act is just criminal and wasteful.

While we wait for GRs entry next week, if the intention was to create some back stories for the plot going forward, it seems to be not so effective...teen Rudra would have aged another 5 - 10  years to become GR...so did Shaolin Master Father Shiva again go back to passive prisoner?

- Udiya baba's back story will seemingly die with him and may not have anything in the future...however it helped to round off his motives and completed his character. And was used to make Rudra self-aware and given him a reason for his brooding aggressive character as GR.

- Poland...no idea whats being attempted in this track...hope something comes out of it..

Edited by hotdogg - 28 December 2014 at 12:49am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Obsessed-Arshics

-Obsessed- IF-Dazzler
-Obsessed-
-Obsessed-

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Awesome post Arshi. This show is a bit complicated for simple-minded people like me LOL. Its hard to comprehend the inner meanings n parallels in the show. But should say, the story as well as the execution is fascinating and intriguing. Even my younger siblings follow the show, when they usually never watch the shows I do. 

Arshics

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by twila

Hey  Arshi ... and all other friends here ...  Hug

Have not been participating in the discussions here as have not been regular with the Show ...

The timing is proving to be slightly problematic for me ...

Have tried to catch up in bits and pieces, but it does not catch the flow . Ouch

But from whatever i have seen ... must commend young Siddarth Nigam ... Clap

What a MAGNIFICENT Job he has done !      StarStar

He has managed to get the Brooding Silence... Intensity...Guilt...Anger ...everything so Brilliantly !  Clap

As for Robin Das as Udiiyaa Baba and Seema Biswas... What can we say about them ...

They are Simply OUTSTANDING !!      ClapClap

Both have been so effortlessly NATURAL and Powerful !!  StarStar

It is a real pleasure to see such Stellar Actors on TV .      Smile

Now really want to be regular as it is time for Gautam's entry ... 

Hoping to be here more often ...    Hug

Twila Hug

Yes. It's time for Gautam to make an entry, and sadly two actors who have kept us riveted to the show, are making an exit at the same time, Robin Das and Sid Nigam 

If we hadn't seen SC, and hadn't know what how talented gauti is, we would have wondered if the grown up Rudra will match the junior rudra 

As the show started, I was comparing  Sid nigam with gauti and I must say, he has more than proved his mettle. 

And Robin das, what can be said about him, he has left an unforgettable mark. 

Sadia_JenAm

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hotdogg

Hi Arshi...

So I was right that either Udiya Baba or Maimui has to go down to take this to the next logical level...Approve

I like the Udiya Baba actor's acting, but felt the audio recording needs to be better...not easy to pick out his diction or what he's saying lying in the burns unit and then having to guess a little from the next scenes...maybe  I saw this online is the reason...

Liked the Ram Leela scene in the earlier epi...was keeping fingers crossed and hoping we do not get the tacky CGIs when it started and was not let dowm...fortunately the scene was pretty well shot...

To tell you the truth, just don't like the entire Poland track...If you look at it the story in India would have progressed independent of it ...on the contrary it jars the entire India track narrative...its just wasteful and only goes round and round...

I agree, the Poland track is probably only to give it an international flavour, but why Poland? I had raised this question earlier also, I still think it maybe because this period saw the fall of communism and resurgence of the Roman Catholic church in the Soviet Bloc. 

But that connect is just not happening 

1) Father Shiva is apparently now a skilled ancient martial arts expert who can take on 8 - 10 people singel-handed...then how did this guy then manage to get kidnapped by two bozos who only had to put a hood over his face?

2) What was he doing all these 12 long years in such a passive prisoner profile? If he belongs to some Shiv something sect (did not catch the name) and is apparently pretty important as the guardian of the special boy Rudra...what were the other sect members doing all these 12 years? No one tried to find him or the boy?

The sect he belongs to Brahma Nishtha ( the integrity of the Brahman, I presume it translates to ) is supposedly defunct now, acc to one dialogue. He probably was the sole survivor and a threat to swami because of his knowledge of the secret. Of course baki sab is logic ki vaat.

3) Dont just get the track with the boy Cuba and his abused mother at all? Also, will a woman who is continuing in a abusive relationship with a violent partner and is scared shitless for the safety of her son...will she ever get the gumption to shelter a male stranger in her own home??

Cubas mom doesn't make any sense to me too, having lived in USSR, around this time, her compulsions to stay in an abusive relationship are just not there. It was a communist state, govt provided for everything, family fabric was not very strong, divorce rate was very high, why would she live with a man who was a threat to her is just not making sense from what I have seen of that society. 

4) At some point, the show makers are trying to mirror the relationship between Rudra and his foster father in Father Shiva and Cuba...but its not coming out well at all...

5) The apparently dreaded 'secret' society has no fear of being outed when its members land helicopters in the middle of a town road, with the head lackey carrying a sniper rifle / machine gun and pointing it any anyone...and then letting the only witnesses to this 'secret' society (mother and cuba) off...

Reminded me of the scene from Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron...Duryodhana telling the Pandavs..."Pandav bhaiyon ab  aap log ghar jaayiye..hum bhojan ke baad Draupadi bhabhi ko aapke paas bhijwaa 
denge

So true, and she clubs her husband in the middle of the road, and there's no reaction from anyone. Again not realistic of that place. 

6) Danish Wadhwa is such a fantastic actor and they make him wear that silly wig and ask him to do action rather than emote / act is just criminal and wasteful.

Till he had that beard, it was ok, now he reminds me too much of niranjan agnihotri. He needs to be given a different look and tone! Not working for me. 

While we wait for GRs entry next week, if the intention was to create some back stories for the plot going forward, it seems to be not so effective...teen Rudra would have aged another 5 - 10  years to become GR...so did Shaolin Master Father Shiva again go back to passive prisoner?

- Udiya baba's back story will seemingly die with him and may not have anything in the future...however it helped to round off his motives and completed his character. And was used to make Rudra self-aware and given him a reason for his brooding aggressive character as GR.

- Poland...no idea whats being attempted in this track...hope something comes out of it..

Edited by Arshics - 28 December 2014 at 8:22am

hotdogg

Go to top