Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

India-Forums

Is tmkoc really a clean comedy show....??? (Page 4)

pongapandit Goldie
pongapandit
pongapandit

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:39am | IP Logged
But even in tmkoc daya is regularly insulted by jetha, babuji insults jetha, jetha insults and makes fun of bhide & popatlal's financial condition, you all know the list of insulting is long admist characters of tmkoc.

And regarding dadi, age doest matter, a 20 year girl may be more reserved than a 65 year old introvert lady, she is shown punjabi in the show and the relationship between punjabi and drinking is inseparable as we all know.

Edited by pongapandit - 31 December 2014 at 11:43am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Tulips-

pongapandit Goldie
pongapandit
pongapandit

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:55am | IP Logged
If drinking is sin in tmkoc then why in 30 dec 2014 episode the fatty tappu sena were shown singing the song of param dhurandhar shri yo yo honey maharaj. Even in reality small kids are singing songs of yo yo which contain lyrics like daaru and other vulgar words.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

severus1-Tulips-

severus1 Goldie
severus1
severus1

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
I agree completely with Debby and Pongapandit in his/her reply to Debby.
Also, with ref to Tapu Sena, Tapu just whiles away his time with his Sena playing hide and seek and is not a part of any cricket academy and yet he's always said to be equivalent to Sachin Tendulkar. 
Even Sachin used to practice really hard to reach where he did. And Tapu is already older than he was when he joined the Indian team. 
But kuch bhi bol bachchan karte hain.

And Daya is now the super genius but with minimum intelligence when it comes to remembering simple English words like kangaroosasan for congrats, What a paradox. Audience ko ullu samjha hai.

I watch CNWK with my family and we are a bit slow on the double meaning jokes especially my parents lol. But IMO it is definitely kind of vulgar but we watch it sometimes anyways.

Edited by severus1 - 31 December 2014 at 12:55pm

pongapandit-Tulips-

-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pongapandit

But even in tmkoc daya is regularly insulted by jetha, babuji insults jetha, jetha insults and makes fun of bhide & popatlal's financial condition, you all know the list of insulting is long admist characters of tmkoc.

And regarding dadi, age doest matter, a 20 year girl may be more reserved than a 65 year old introvert lady, she is shown punjabi in the show and the relationship between punjabi and drinking is inseparable as we all know.

I agree with u
In this show, jetha insults bhide and iyer all the time because he's successful even though he's less educated.Isn't that offensive?I feel this show doesn't give importance to education.Not every uneducated person is successful in our country. So they should stop showing jetha insulting iyer and bhide.Sometimes his insults are too offensive and don't seem like regular tu tu main main.
In some olden episodes, I have noticed jetha passing racist comments on iyer.Isn't that offensive? Jetha feels iyer is ugly because he's dark and babita shouldn't have got married to dark complexioned iyer.Now this is definitely against all dark complexioned men.So this show is giving the message that no matter how educated or successful a man is,if he's dark then a beautiful gal shouldn't marry him.That's not fair.I remember when Dharmendra had come to the show, he had called babita and iyer an odd pair.Obviously the dialogue writers gave him those dialogues but they shouldn't have given him such dialogues.
Secondly our very own reincarnation of Mahatma Gandhi had gone to tapu's school as his father and insulted the principal. He also insults jetha in front of everyone.
Daya always embarrasses jetha in front of the society by standing in that balcony.
Sundar always takes advantage of and loots jetha.
So even this show is not perfect

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

severus1pongapandit..Kimi..

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
This is not called insulting someone. Insult is a strong word. This is called tu tu main main  or regular khit pit to be precise.  ITna society ya show me kya itna to family me dikh jata hai.He makes fun of all of them but he also helps them. 
Human psychology is difficult to interpret. Difference in opinion often results into small arguments which unfortunately is the part of day to day living.

If Jetha had to insult Daya first thing he should say is that her brother is a fraud and so is their mother but he never crosses his limit. He interrupts Daya only because she doesn't know where to stop. At the end of the day he loves her and respects her.Same is for all other members. He never crosses his limits. Ab thoda mazaak to chalta hi hai.

The same is not in Kapil. " Chup re na Dobi" and " Tera baap to chor hai" are quite different things if you are talking to your wife.

One may be an introvert or an extrovert but kissing random people is not our culture. All Punjabi women drink or kiss people ? I dont think so. Can we think if the actor for dadi was not a man same thing could have been shown on Indian television  ?

Edited by dey.bh - 01 January 2015 at 7:11am

severus1pongapandit

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
@ Subha :
I have long before commented that the show reduces the importance of education. All the women follow Daya and her mother's foolish advice. Daya leads the women gang. The word education is limited to Bhide's tuition classes only.

But the show doesn't say the successful men should be white to get a beautiful girl. It in fact shows that women don't die for looks but they die for quality. The show made it clear that Babita even revolted against her family to marry Iyyer. An educated and beautiful girl like Babita choose Iyyer over anyone else. This proves never mind what society thinks all humans will be judged because of their character and quality only. This is why even Sundar is unmarried. Once Daya bought some sarees for Sundar's would be wife and was as usual talking to her invisible mother. There we got to know that the mother was worried about her son's marriage but Sundar will never get married because he has no settled source of income. 

As for Jetha. He is a complete hypocrite man. Born in a small village he set out to make his fortune in a city like Mumbai. A skilled businessman as he was since childhood he made it quite good in Mumbai. So much he was proud of his success he thought any educated girl will fall for him. Destiny however had another plans. His father fixed his marriage without even acknowledging him. Thus, a matriculate got a school drop out as his wife. While Bapui knows Jetha doesn't deserve more than that, Jetha still thinks he is better than anyone else here.

Champak chacha however always interrupts him. There are ample of incidents when Champak chacha makes him realise his mistake.When Jetha seriously insulted Bhide, Popat and Abdul he made Jetha say sorry to all of them . Champak also understands he has some feelings for Babita and will always interfere to stop his son. During Iyyer's interview track Champak makes Tappu realise that his father and Iyyer are mates and therefore they can comment on each other. He should not interfere in such things. 

TMKOC doesn't claim to have perfect characters but it does show a beautiful end for all those small arguments. Everything is settled in the end and that what matters the most. All stand together in adversity forgetting who did what to whom. This is what TMKOC tells us to do. Unity in diversity.

Where almost all the shows on Indian television have become regressive TMKOC stands tall because women here have upper hand. They solve anything and everything on their own. While other serials have women thrwon out of their homes TMKOC shows woman can fight gangsters also. It doesn't have dupattas flying, eye locks or accidental touches. The portrayal of love between the couples doesn't mean romantic ambiance. Its natural and pure.

Overall TMKOC is a show that you can watch anytime without worrying. The same doesn't go for all the shows on Indian television.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

IMansiseverus1pongapandit-Tulips-..Kimi..

pongapandit Goldie
pongapandit
pongapandit

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 5:34am | IP Logged
I agree with you debi that kissing is not in our culture but daadi in cwk is shown as an elderly who portrays her love by kissing, and she kisses not random people, she kisses celebrities and we all know how fans sometime get too close to stars just as daadi and that creates comedy.

Go to top