Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

'a pure case of logicality..'

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago
You gotta love an episode which doesn't raise questions but give answers. Till today all we had was speculation and assumptions regarding the characters. But to see them actually come canonically true in the show, Idk I just felt very giggly happy today. Matlab it's not a total time waste of ours πŸ˜†

Though my question is if Vikku doesn't troll us then who does? It's like my life on the forum has lost some of its meaning 🀣

I was loving Dhruv yesterday but today it seemed a meh from his side. His very innocent, "Maine kya kiya?" had me rolling my eyes. Dude, aag lag gayi teri wajah se and janaab ki masoomiat tou dekho. But not blaming him or anything. It was a discussion which was bound to come. Alya as a character is such a convenient origin for conflict. We always saw glimpses of Alya the family shining through Alya the friend. But those glimpses are now taking over. Harshad kuch bhi ho, at the end of the day he's Alya's real bond in the world. Legally and by world's conventions, Harshad and Alya only have each other. Family tied by blood. Fab5 happened what, seven years ago? That's what I think. But Alya has lived her entire life before that with Harshad only. Those years are bound to show their color now. We know that Harshad is manipulating her, Cabir and Mukti know it to some extent as well, but Alya doesn't. And she can't. Because well..family. The blessing and curse of being family.

Manik had taken a deliberate back step today because Alya's "battle" was with Cabir and Mukti. And I liked it how there were no-holds-barred. Cabir said what was eating him inside, Mukti said what she actually felt, and Alya gave biting words to the disappointment she was facing in this issue from her best friends. I can't personally blame anyone because everyone is right on their own place. Harshad issue is a very touchy thing. What I loved was how Alya didn't call them all saints either. Even in retaliation, Fab5 also did the same things as Harshad. They only had their conscience on their side favoring them, to the eye of a neutral person they both are to be blamed. Khair..touchy topic. And I am not judging it. Just saying how much I enjoyed seeing the stark individuality shine through this tight knitted group. Things were ready to go completely out of hand. This blame game always does that. Ek blame se dusra phir teesra and the result becomes a fight which involves egos and wasted time and efforts. And Manik realized that. He had the sense to stop the things from going overboard.

Cabir walking out Manik's place was natural in reaction to Manik defending Dhruv. It was said in the AT yesterday, Cabir knows the extent to which Manik can go for Dhruv. And in some corner of his mind, Cabir knows that if Manik can do it once for Dhruv then he can do it again. Again, a misconception because Manik ab itna bhi biased nahin hai. He only has control of himself, he wouldn't force his friends to change their stand on any matter to that which would favor Dhruv. But Cabir didn't think about that. And hona bhi aise hi chaiye tha. With tempers soaring high, basic logic goes flying out of the window.

Good to see Cabir and Mukti again though, just talking things out. These two have their own little bond going on, the teasing yet honest kind. Cabir confessed to his humorous and witty nature being just a mask and not his real self. See! Ais liye I said I love this episode. Because it's not making us assume so much as much as it actually confirms our assumptions. There's much to think about but not in a hair pulling out of a way. But rather something which makes us think, 'what next?' And I mean it all in a very positive way.

Precap showed us Dhruv-Alya. Marked divide. And then we had Manik who seriously has no one for his own. I found it a bit...interesting. Like for whole of the show we've seen Manik either bonding perfectly with Dhruv or sharing a bromance with Cabir. But come a conflict, ANY conflict which risks what means the most to Manik, all he can turn to is Nandini. Consciously or subconsciously, he only reaches out to her. Phir bhale hi it's in the form of a spur of a moment "let's take a break" or involuntary press of the call button on his phone. It's rather sweet.

And it would've irked me had not we gotten the MUCH AWAITED Abhimanyu-Nandini scene. YES! Finally! SHE TALKED TO SOMEONE! She told HER side of the story to SOMEONE who's a human and who can reply to her ON THE SPOT. Ab we don't know how much she told him but at least this much we know that she told him the reason why they are apart. I wanted this to happen. Because till now the whole of the story is only exclusive to the participants only - Manik and Nandini. Cabir knows enough to draw up conclusions. And now Abhimanyu knows enough to find solution for it. I was saying this na, they have come to the point where they just can't deal with their issues on their own. Both of them need some outside person to knock some much needed sense into them. Like Abhi didn't even take one second to tell Nandini that she was mixing logic with love while they are both different concepts. But at least we know what Nandini's idea of love is. It's all beauty and magic and happiness. She thinks she doesn't or can't get that from Manik. Now, I disagree with that. She's gotten plenty beautiful and happy moments with Manilk. It's just that recently she's only gotten the sad and heavy things ke she's forgotten them. But it only takes a gaze upon the stars for her to remember them so yes..PROGRESS!

Abhimanyu - BUSS TU MERI JAAN HAI! <3

Soha...thing..just makes me chuckle. She's seriously an item piece. But I take it all in good humor. Manik bechara is a bit stuck with her because she's so in his face. Though all his complains vanish when he so much as senses Nandini in the same room as them, hiding behind the curtain. Then it all becomes a game for him. Aah..me likes, me likes. This weekend is gonna be sad for me, I really wanted a MaNan scene. And the precap didn't even promise us that. Uwaaan. #MaisySad

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-abz- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I was thinking the same thing !
I loved ur concept of thinking
But loved the way Nandini got jealous and Manik using that opportunity
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Beautifully explained,  i thoroughly enjoyed the fab5 fight, not in a mean way but something which was bound to happen with harshad alya dhruv triangle.   Except that i cant digest easily how manik takes it so casually nandini,s presence in his home,  not a hint of shock surprise or confusion.  Its as if she was supposed to appear disappear anytime anywhere with him πŸ˜ƒ 
and ooh YES how can i forget abhi nandini convo,  long time due, poor girl 
Edited by -bharti- - 9 years ago
crystalfairy95 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Great post! totally agree with you...
AbhiNi scene was lovely..
Abhi...hayeee...I i'm irrevocably in looouuu with him!!!☺️
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Maisu makes a post , so that means happiness without any pain
Dhruv- This has been my problem with him, in our head he is suppose to be the voice of reason , but of-late and probably in introspect , it seems all his actions were very immature. i commend him from taking a side, it is very natural but the way he approached it and doesn't show sensitivity towards Cabir or Mukti's issue makes me wonder if he is ever capable of looking at the bigger picture. He again tried to hush Mukti, save her but she doesn't need it . She was infront of her friends who are her family, so why will she need a cover. Now that one looks at it , Dhruv needs a lot of growing up still, clearly the heart-break was superficial and cut short his journey, he needs a conflict to come on his own. 

Alya- I see her point. It's blood. No matter what her brother did in the past, this ever hopeful girl will always fall for his manipulations because he is the only one left. No matter what they had , they still sought each other out alone in the house. He was an assurance. So it is good that all these years of pent-up dilemma that she has gone through has come out like this . She needed this otherwise somewhere she would have remained conflicted and guilty all her life. The accusations of her brother for betraying blood would have resonated in her ears. So whatever be the case, glad that she took it all out and didn't mince words. Heat of the moment, but she is desperate, she cannot see why it is so hard to forgive and forget this time, especially when they have given their own brand of justice too. 

Mukti - She has also repeatedly fallen for Harshad's manipulations , till not so long ago this girl too was dependent on pills to numb him out. So I am on one hand glad that she is over it and can see through his lies, yet sort of disappointed that she coudn't see how badly caged Alya is in her brother's web. If it was pills for Mukti , it is blood for Alya.

Cabira
he is bitter , he is wronged and he can never forgive Harshad. And I am glad he finally said it . That and also admitted that he cannot joke his way out , he needs his own respect , life and be his own person. I am happy he gave it back and didn't held back to Alya because he is not wrong, he is fair in airing out his hurt. He hasn't done it , he has been joking , struggling but he needed this. 
He also took it out on Dhruv, because he understands that Manik wil always side with Dhruv. For a moment he felt hurt, betrayed and frustrated. He called out on Manik's hands be tied here. 

Manik
He could sense the difference, he stood silent and let them shout it out. He was not taking sides, nobody asked for his opinion , nor did he forced his.Yet he could see them crumbing. This Manik is aware that his promise to Dhruv is all exclusive about him- it shouldn't be brought in when others are involved.  
Him sitting on the chair, made him suddenly seem too old, he was restless, confused and he needed his sanity which is what Nandini is his life. The light, the guide to help him navigate this helplessness, desperation and she is someone infront of whom he can share his worries, sadness and just break-down. This is why his finger stopped at her number. Rest fate handled.

AbhIni
I loved , loved this scene. 
Nandini needed to confine it all in someone and hear a different perspective. Somebody from her side, who can break it down in her language. So when Abhi says love and logic are different , it clicks. She processes and then comes with her parents' impression of love. But thats the thing it is a memory , her impression , surely their love had it's up and down. Glad how Abhi too called out on courage, because you just don't give up if there is an obstacle . Especially Nandini, who has fought so hard to be where she is. She thinks it's been too painful, the fact is she is clouded by that night's memory to really rewind or take in the happiness she gets from his presence around her. She cannot define it hence she is confused about her inability to move away.
True, they were stuck in this impasse , they needed external voices to get the wheels churning,which is why we see Manik again reflecting on nandu's actions. She on the other hand is sub-consciously marking him as her own and he is allowing her. Somewhere they will talk and express it all.

Soha thing is amusing, I like how she sets up the game between these two. 

I like when they give sense to conversations, heartening to know that whatever we wish these characters to be , they are turning out to be more or less exactly like that. Bliss . 

shefni thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well if there are posts like this for back to back episodes, it is so gonna be a happy place in Ky2 land and forum.It is a lovely post and reading it all gave me all sorts of good feels and vibes.Now back to the episode, progress progress everywhere.The story is finally moving forward and the changing dynamics are such a treat to the eyes.I am in awe with the writing, for it brings in such conflicts and contrast ,that pinpointing what is right and wrong is all smudgy.There if i was all sympathising with Cabir and mukti, alya showcased that she be in  no less pain to be ignored.Her turmoil added with the guilt of betraying her own brother has taken a toll on her ,with the blood bond dominating the understanding friend .Bang on did it come out that the fab5 were no less cruel than harshad.If it was all a game of tit for tat , then harshad being the sole loser in the end doesnt sit well with her.As audience it is evident that harshad be the incarnation of vile and revenge, but for alya it was her brother who is now in the path of redemption.I am so excited to know as to how this is gonna play out for the group and how long is it gonna be before we get a yaariyan wala group hug...though personally it does feel lame...sometimes
Nandhini and abhi scene was perfection.Finally prayers answered with somebody there to  listen to nandhu.How beautiful was it that the sight of stars didnt stir up disgust or hurt in nandhu but brought about a beautiful memory...finally she did associate it with some good happy memories.And her view about love , a dreamboat through the canals of venice, well isnt love about the journey through mighty seas and raging storms. 'Its not love if it doesnt hurt" time to associate herself with that.She needs to realise that it's not the love that brings in all pain but the distance and refusal of it that is bringing in ruckus and despair.
Manik has always found his anchor in nandhu through hard times, if not ,its some rash decisions that create even more problem.With none to aid, no surprise, that 'spot' had to be his saviour and the unintentional calling and cutting the call, fate has it's own twisted game. Cutting the call thinking it may have not got through but hoping that she would call back..aww..manik😳 .These two drive each other insane .And the last scene nandhu doesnt take nonsense, sneak into the house and have your spy glasses on *fangirlin her guts*, love has shed such new shades onto her.Hmm..soha is entertaining in this context , but in near future how is her character gonna shape up holds much interest for me.Is she gonna be reduced to meer pyschotic obssessed vamp or something lighter and merrier is to be noted.On the sidenote the way she calls nandini 'nans' is amusing and manik needs to get a better security.πŸ˜†

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: charminggenie

Maisu makes a post , so that means happiness without any pain But if it doesn't hurt, it's not love πŸ˜†

Dhruv- This has been my problem with him, in our head he is suppose to be the voice of reason , but of-late and probably in introspect , it seems all his actions were very immature. i commend him from taking a side, it is very natural but the way he approached it and doesn't show sensitivity towards Cabir or Mukti's issue makes me wonder if he is ever capable of looking at the bigger picture. He again tried to hush Mukti, save her but she doesn't need it . She was infront of her friends who are her family, so why will she need a cover. Now that one looks at it , Dhruv needs a lot of growing up still, clearly the heart-break was superficial and cut short his journey, he needs a conflict to come on his own. 

I think his heartbreak with Nandini did bring in some growth in him. I know I saw some marked difference in him post the rejection. But I agree, it's not enough for him. Dhruv doesn't have those "leadership" kind of skills where one brings in equation all the different factors and then come to a conclusion. Right now his heart is swayed by Alya hence his siding with her. And as was said about Dhruv, he really isn't shown as someone who's too awfully close with either Mukti or Cabir. His silent character from the initial days make it seem like he's in Fab5 solely because of Manik. There's no special bond that he shares with Mukti or Cabir on an individual level. After Manik, only Alya is the one he's gotten this close to. Hence he sees everything from her side and fails to acknowledge Cabir and Mukti's side of the story and their pain. And it's a perfectly human thing to do. We are not free of bias when it comes to situations where choices are to be made.  It's completely alright and justified of him to want to protect Alya from any kind of hurt and fix things for her. It's the first time he's doing such a thing so blunders like these are to be expected. Dhruv as a character needs so much more time to grow up. This situation is proof of that. And hopefully a chance for him to grow.

Alya- I see her point. It's blood. No matter what her brother did in the past, this ever hopeful girl will always fall for his manipulations because he is the only one left. No matter what they had , they still sought each other out alone in the house. He was an assurance. So it is good that all these years of pent-up dilemma that she has gone through has come out like this . She needed this otherwise somewhere she would have remained conflicted and guilty all her life. The accusations of her brother for betraying blood would have resonated in her ears. So whatever be the case, glad that she took it all out and didn't mince words. Heat of the moment, but she is desperate, she cannot see why it is so hard to forgive and forget this time, especially when they have given their own brand of justice too.

Alya's intentions are right, it's just the way she's wording them that she is facing such extreme reaction. She wants her brother a free man but expecting her friends to forgive him like the matter is over is something that can't be digested well by the victims of Harshad's antics. She was right when she said that Fab5 did pay it back to Harshad without holding back but she fails to see that the consequences of Fab5's actions weren't as severe as the one Cabir and Mukti have to bear. But the Alya facing them is Alya the sister, not a best friend. She went to them as her brother's attorney. She is two completely extreme things at one time. The side bound with Harshad by blood had to take over one day or the other. And no better way that a family crisis to test one's loyalty to blood...

Mukti - She has also repeatedly fallen for Harshad's manipulations , till not so long ago this girl too was dependent on pills to numb him out. So I am on one hand glad that she is over it and can see through his lies, yet sort of disappointed that she coudn't see how badly caged Alya is in her brother's web. If it was pills for Mukti , it is blood for Alya.

Everyone is so consumed in their own pain or mission to properly register what the other is going through. It was always hard for Mukti to consider someone else's position, this even Abhi said about her. She's too busy in her own misery. And it really doesn't take a second to get her temper flaring. Plus, her temper is very harsh. She didn't give a second thought to Alya's position before calling her stupid for falling for Harshad's trick. Mukti only sees Alya the sister when she's blaming Harshad for her ruined state. But she doesn't recognize Alya the sister when Alya comes to her appealing for her brother. Tab she only wants Alya the bestfriend talking to her. She wants Alya to act according to her convenience, that's her way of surviving. But she has got to learn that humans aren't like that...they can be two things at once.

Cabira
he is bitter , he is wronged and he can never forgive Harshad. And I am glad he finally said it . That and also admitted that he cannot joke his way out , he needs his own respect , life and be his own person. I am happy he gave it back and didn't held back to Alya because he is not wrong, he is fair in airing out his hurt. He hasn't done it , he has been joking , struggling but he needed this. 
He also took it out on Dhruv, because he understands that Manik wil always side with Dhruv. For a moment he felt hurt, betrayed and frustrated. He called out on Manik's hands be tied here.

Cabir also has that added suffocation that his friends don't actually get his hurt. They saw the scars of his body and flared up. But they haven't registered the internal pain that he is going through by losing his two most beloved people one after the other. Heck, Fab5 haven't even so much as said Raghav's name in front of him, pretending that he didn't exist. Now they are sympathizing with Cabir for what his mother did to him but they don't understand that despite all this, he still loves and wants his mother very much. He jokes and humors them as a way to pass the day. But when he's all alone, things are bound to come crashing down on him. Add this to the way he was asked to let go of everything and release the reason for all his misery out of jail, he was bound to snap and lash out. He has every right to call Alya whatever because it's the first time he's taking it all out, he didn't want to hold back. But he still chose to walk away rather than stay, have a war or words and make matters worse. What hurt him the most was seeing Manik swaying towards one side. He was right in calling Manik out on that because he's really tired of being overlooked on an individual level.

Manik
He could sense the difference, he stood silent and let them shout it out. He was not taking sides, nobody asked for his opinion , nor did he forced his.Yet he could see them crumbing. This Manik is aware that his promise to Dhruv is all exclusive about him- it shouldn't be brought in when others are involved.  
Him sitting on the chair, made him suddenly seem too old, he was restless, confused and he needed his sanity which is what Nandini is his life. The light, the guide to help him navigate this helplessness, desperation and she is someone infront of whom he can share his worries, sadness and just break-down. This is why his finger stopped at her number. Rest fate handled.

Because that is Manik. He doesn't force anything, he knows when to speak up and when to step down when it comes down to Fab5. He gets his family the best and knows how to handle them. But no one actually knows how to handle him. His everything is Fab5 and when his everything is going through a crisis, who can he turn to? It's a blessing and somewhat of a curse. Nandini was the perfect break for him. Two ears who'd listen to his problems with a neutral POV, a mouth which won't say empty words to sooth him but tell him what he needed to hear, an existence so far away from his everything but still like the air that he wanted to breathe. If he's no longer got her to turn around to, his suffocation wouldn't really allow him to live.

AbhIni
I loved , loved this scene. 
Nandini needed to confine it all in someone and hear a different perspective. Somebody from her side, who can break it down in her language. So when Abhi says love and logic are different , it clicks. She processes and then comes with her parents' impression of love. But thats the thing it is a memory , her impression , surely their love had it's up and down. Glad how Abhi too called out on courage, because you just don't give up if there is an obstacle . Especially Nandini, who has fought so hard to be where she is. She thinks it's been too painful, the fact is she is clouded by that night's memory to really rewind or take in the happiness she gets from his presence around her. She cannot define it hence she is confused about her inability to move away.
True, they were stuck in this impasse , they needed external voices to get the wheels churning,which is why we see Manik again reflecting on nandu's actions. She on the other hand is sub-consciously marking him as her own and he is allowing her. Somewhere they will talk and express it all.

Nandini only has her parents' perfect marriage as her reference point but she hasn't come to the terms that perfection and 'sab acha hai' is just an idea which doesn't exist in the real world. She needs to be told that ideas about love and love in reality are two very different things. Abhi is the perfect person for that. Because he isn't just a smooth talker. She was surprised to see Abhi trying so hard for Mukti. But isn't that Nandini? Isn't that how she got close to Manik? By stubbornly refusing to take him on his face value and repeatedly addressing the good in him, isn't that how she got to see the Manik she so helplessly fell for? The memory of her repeated pain has made her forget all that. But she's now slowly being reminded of that, and I'm sure she'll get more flashes of this much needed remembrance. This love of hers with Manik is her way of growing up from the girl who clings to her parents' version of happiness and instead make her own definition of happiness and love.

Soha thing is amusing, I like how she sets up the game between these two. 

I like when they give sense to conversations, heartening to know that whatever we wish these characters to be , they are turning out to be more or less exactly like that. Bliss .

Word to that. I was really so happy seeing such heartfelt conversation filled scenes today. Not much action but the much needed words taking the center stage today.

piyu008 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
well said..i too loved abhini...i donno how long i have been waited for this moment..she was careless ,free..looks like she trusts him n vl be bff with him..hayee  i jst love abhi..(Manan is by default first choiceπŸ˜‰ ) but abhi is really something ...m liking his positiveness πŸ˜³..aaj use screen space de k CV's ne khush kr diyaπŸ˜ƒ
myvoiz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -bharti-

Beautifully explained,  i thoroughly enjoyed the fab5 fight, not in a mean way but something which was bound to happen with harshad alya dhruv triangle.   Except that i cant digest easily how manik takes it so casually nandini,s presence in his home,  not a hint of shock surprise or confusion.  Its as if she was supposed to appear disappear anytime anywhere with him πŸ˜ƒ 

and ooh YES how can i forget abhi nandini convo,  long time due, poor girl 

Yes i also thought exactly that..he's so comfortable with her presence in his home...how she got in..the way she's hiding..nothing surprises him. He's just happy she's there. They are at ease with each other's touch..at ease with everything related to each other. They behave like besides them there is noone else in the room. They behave like they belong together. Are they already behaving like a couple and that too a married couple-the comfort level they share make you feel that. Will they have a live-in relation in future, since they are too young to get married and as KYY deals with all current youth issues. But Nandini's too traditional.  Why did they have to end the scene there specially when they will continue only after two days. 
myvoiz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@lostmymusic, @charminggenie  so well-explained. Always a treat to read your sensible, rational, 'logical'😊 observations. In today's episode, could see the story shaping once again. All the characters, their issues-conflicts were shown. Cabir's reaction was just right and so real:Stay with your best friend and also call your ex-girlfriend. so genuine. Manik's response real again:They will understand. Subtle, spontaneous and genuine.  Loved it. Substantial episode.  But when it comes to Manik-Nandini scenes, their romance, it always feels less. Why don't they extend the show's duration to 40-45 minutes. 20-25 mins for Manan and the rest for the remaining cast and story.