Sadda Haq Season 2

India-Forums

Sadda Haq Season 2
Sadda Haq Season 2

VidArth Historical Story ||THE ARRESTING REVERENCE|| (Page 3)

Jin. IF-Rockerz
Jin.
Jin.

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Happy_hippy

Originally posted by Gudakesha

Originally posted by Happy_hippy

Hey. Tich, this is awesome...I love the way u have set it in historical era...the Raw passion that consumes the couple is very well written...ah can really imagine Vidarth as the couple indulging in hanky pinky oblivious to the duke...superb...do continue soon..
Trups,, so sweet yaar.
Thanks a lot for your chocolaty words.
hanky pinky..? hehehhe. nice term. I'll use it in future.. 
well u see vidarth are capable of anything..Wink they are besharams. Duke would have done of brain hemorrhage if he saw their besharmi.. 

yo sorry Tich.,spelling mistake..damn auto correct..its hanky panky..:)

hanky panky.. hahaha.googled.
As i said, i'll use this term somewhere.Wink

Jin. IF-Rockerz
Jin.
Jin.

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Moony87

Originally posted by Moony87

Res

Unres..

Tich.. Big smile.. Sabse pehle to I am honored to be dedicated this marvelous piece of writing. Thanks yaaar.. This is sheer bliss to read.

The historical era and the vivid description just makes you visualize everything so clearly. Its like you are transported to that era. The characterization of Vidushi and Parth are perfect.. In the show I don't connect with them anymore coz there is no matching point in their psyche.. But here it is. And that makes it perfect.

Another point that makes Vidarth complete here is the betterment of their persona because of their love for each other. Again no where in the show, but here it is. He finally stands up and she gives up her materialistic desires and waits for him... Pure bliss.. I am officially done with Vidarth in the show to be frank but works like this make me remind why I fell for them and what I hoped out of them.

Atleast I have works like this to read that can give me a meaningful Vidarth full of passion and love for each other..

Thanks Tich.. Thanks a ton for writing such a meaningful piece on them. Highly obliged to have my name in the dedication.. Thank you.. Please write more.Smile

Moony i think we should stop watching the show till they give us proper track because we will not feel charmed by them anymore. I hope we all writers dont give up "our" vidarth which are different from show's vidarth. And with this dedication if you wish to love them atleast in fictions then i'll be honored.
And yes, i completely agree with you when u said vidarth are betterment of their persona - here you see parth gave a damn when vidushi didnt want to let go of her status and power, he made his decision as an individual. And then vidushi followed after a thought. That is what love is, it makes u a better person. Show just failed to do that. I'm happy to meet such wonderful people like you here who teach me new things every day and restore my faith in humanity.Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SangRegalMoony87

sakina1267 IF-Dazzler
sakina1267
sakina1267

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Res... aaram se read karke vl comment
SangRegal IF-Rockerz
SangRegal
SangRegal

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Burn_the_Ashes

Hey  Tich! I got done with all my work (trying to get my younger brother to do his school work in the hols...So now I am going to do all my pending reviews and I decided to start with yours because I was dying to! 

Ah.. u made it.. that's what matters.. My problem is I couldnt get myself to post next work unless i get feedback for last one. Hence I insisted. Hope i didnt trouble you much.

I am the same. Fuelled by reviews. Mostly I guess it is insecurity on my part, never having posted anything online till April I have been writing fiction for 7 years which is practically more than half my life. 

I love the mood it sets, a lavish, fragrant classy setting. "Soft peach netting" Truly classy! The chandeliers were specially ordered from Portuguese Portugal?  and the furniture from Italy made up of rose wood Then again, rose wood is a beautifully great detail

haan yaar. Portugal. I corrected it. You see it becomes difficult to keep track of works when ideas swim continuous. Aisi koi machine nahi kya jo hamare sochte hi automatically likh de, so that our thoughts dont get interrupted? I get you. Yesterday infact aimy pointed out a huge mistake in Indecent! I have a hard time being logical when the head is swimming with ideas!

And aww yaar. glad you got the mood. Two paragraphs waste nahi hue mere. Totallly worth it those 2 paras. I love being eased into a story. It is almost seduction of the senses you know..like a stimulation of the antarindriya..the mind.

I love your attention to detail. It's refreshing, builds a picture of the era and ends with a question. Catchy, well done !

Woah! Your writing is very visual here. Loving it.

you see it's an honor if a reader says i visualized everything written.. I'm on cloud 9.

I Feel ya *same pinch!*

Ah,history. Power and control is everything ain't it. Manipulating eh? More like seducing I bet!

Yep, that's what makes history fascinating. Power, control, survival,, rebel and submission. It is a fantasy on its own.

And also,the fact that is never really complete. like a loose thread haning in the air.. Seduce me. Lure me in.

i remembered a dialogue from the Tudors about Anne Bolyen. She wasn't really an English Rose nor did she fit into the blond hair, pale skin blue eyes standard of beauty. But she had eyes like dark hooks for the soul. That's how I picture Vidushi. With something deep and dangerous in her. Irresistible!  

Quintessentially beautiful people seldom have that charm. There is now rawness in them. Cleopatra, Madhubala, Maryln Monroe, Noorjahan - these woman were known for their intelligent seduction and highlighting their assets - eyes. Not any other vital statistics. So yes,i have taken them as an inspiration and highlighted her eyes and grace instead of her other body parts. I think that is what all we vidarthians think about Nisha.

True that. the eyes have it all, so does the posture. What thse woman had in common was also their confidence in public their pride..It  made them glow.

Her posture, her confidence. Unwavering in the face of the storm, but not in front of 'him' na?

Hahaha.. vidushi ser hai toh parth savaa ser hai. He is always two steps ahead of her.

Yes. He knows her better than she knows herself. He sees right through her.

My my. The utter contrast between Parth and The Duke, the description alone!

awww glad u noticed and loved it. Parth is afterall a knight. And uski guts toh dekho, Duke ki biwi ke saath,.. tauba tauba.. heheh

Guts. Yes. Who would admire a quivering coward.

No words. Just amazing. The scenario here was a perfect one, so typical of her to try to flash her earrings in a bid to catch attention!

hahaha.. it is quite old worldish. Earrings flash karna.. yaar aaj kal kaun karta hai. Old world romance ki baat hi alag hai. In 21st century romance is cliched and charmless.

Yes. There was a charm and now it's gone. There was enticement and now it's lust.

"Spare me the grace my lady, but I would never kneel down for forgiveness before you. If only I had to then it will be for rubbing my tongue over your..." LOL Hehehe. God. I was blushing here. I kid you not but the gutter mind completed the sentence as it usually does!

chalo tumne complete kar diya. Main complete karti toh ban ho jaati i-f se. hehhehe..

Dude My face was all red.

Contrast again. And I am positively loving it. Him being the only man who makes her shiver!

well yes, you see if she manages to control him, she will never be able to respect him. He will be just like Duke or her other beaux to her. He is too smart for her and makes her shiver, that is why she has survived with him. It is true for reallife too. No woman likes a henpecked husband or boyfriend.

I know. According to linda goodman, an aries woman (moi for eg) can't bear a lovesick puppy. Vidushi seems to want more, she wants to be challenged and conqured and she wants to conquer too. 

This is their bond They make each other feel alive as society, morality and rules try to supress them! Loved it! It shows the passion, want and need for each other like oxygen!

Yes, that's why they love each other. Because they both are alike.

Yes!

I want a sequel. Surely you ain't so sadistic to suggest this and not give it to us in all it's glory?

Hahah.. I'm sadistic enough to make you guys speculate if Parth will ever return or not. I wouldnt mind if anyone writes the sequel. Or two sequels. One if Parth is alive and return and other if parth is dead and doesnt return.

i am a sucker for happy endings. I would like him coming back and sweeping her off her feet, his battle scars intimidating the onlookers into petrified silence.

"You are crazy! You want me to elope with you. I will never do that!" she said sternly in tear eyes. She isn't a fool to depart with luxuries of a palace and power of a Duchess and wander in poverty and threat all her life. And Parth? Does he realize the consequences of running way with a Duke's wife? Is she scared, or just used to her life, or worried?

You can say her reaction is more like giving all the property to the trust and living in a cowshed or a prime minister resigning from the post to go to himalayas.

LOL Being a bit of a material girl..I get her now

This was a beautiful way to end. An ambigious one. I  believe he did return for her, and that they had a beautiful long life, devoid of any fear together.

Well if the Duke and Company comes to know there will always be threat on their heads. He might be killed by hundreds of guards while entering palace or may be they both elope but get caught and shot dead or may be parth is dead in the war and vidushi is living in his memories or even pregnant like rose lives after jack's death in titanic. The setting is 1850 and we had first war of independence in 1857 which was a disaster. Hence i didnt want to get facts wrong. Hence this ambiguous ending.

I get you. I despise tragedies though. It seems like they be written for milking tears. Ugh!

This was a beautiful piece of work and I hope you do write more!

I'll try historical again. Perhaps this time in 4th century. Vidarth and historical are volcanic. And i'm totally flattered with your detailed comment.Hug

Oh boy! We should totally discuss various scenarios!

Jin. IF-Rockerz
Jin.
Jin.

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:46am | IP Logged
^^^

Ash you have written fiction for 7 years.. God! That's huge!
I started fictions immediately after joining i-f. Before that i was interested only in current affairs, editorials and blogs and non-fictions. It took me time to realize the beauty of fictions and now never i turn  back.

So you are an aries woman. I'm a Leo.. Aries, Leo, Saggitarious are alike.These three signs are fire.

You are right when you said vidushi likes to be challenged. India Pakistan ke saath cricket khelega toh hi mazaa aayega. Bangladesh ke saath khelne mein kya mazaa?

Hahaha.. yeah tragedies are written for milking tears. Or may be for the fact that they make you feel more alive as they believe. I don't agree though. DDLJ climax scene when Simran runs to Raj made me as alive as Devdas climax.

Oh yaar, we should discuss indeed.
PhoenixRadar IF-Rockerz
PhoenixRadar
PhoenixRadar

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Tich babe! You are overwhelming with the genres you write on Vidarth! ROFL
reswa
*Edited*

This song is dedicated to your story, to Vidushi and Parth here.

I am not a fan of Titanic the movie, but this instrumental is so beautiful, it is hard to ignore.

From the start, I felt the Duke of Rubel is an Englishman, but then when you introduced Vidushi as his wife, I started picturing the Duke as Parth. Oh wow! How did Parth manage to become a British Duke.. Maybe he was adopted by an English family.. No. He turned out to be English after you described Vidushi as an Indian princess having married the Duke to retain power and not rot in poverty.
I wanted to grimace at first, but my thoughts were bombarded by the reality of staying in such a country where the English ruled and the Indian kingdom(s) were being overpowered so fast that you wouldn't even see it coming. It was a blink and miss situation.

It sounds patriotic and so lovely to actually be a Revolutionary, because we are fighting for our country, but what do we really know the hazards of choosing this path? We lead a sheltered life. Most of us do. *touchwood* And we are living in a British rule free country, that was the result of the fight that our Indian revolutionaries were a part of and even lost their lives for it.

Vidushi is a clever woman. Being a princess, I get the feeling that she wasn't one to sit around like the other women and talk nonsense about fashion, glamour all the time. I feel as if she is interested in world politics, but she keeps to herself and doesn't rebel against the men, for she knows that voicing it out will make matters worse for her.
To keep her family's name above the quick sand of British overpowering, she married the Duke, so she and her family don't lose their reputation. Although they did lose it from the Indians' POV, by joining hands with the British.

Parth's life is also dangerous and looks like he is always attracted to the adventure, the risks, the danger, the passion it involves in unraveling mystery after mystery. Hence his decision to give in to this mesmerizing pull between him and Vidushi.

I don't get the part of her sleeping with other men, when she was married to an Indian King. She met Parth after, before or amidst her various rendezvous?

Back to Parth, hence his decision to leave his patriotic family and friends, to be with her and join the British army. Knight Parth Kashyap. Security. He needed it, or how could the Indians fight against the Company?
They need somebody on the inside. And Parth will be that. But he has to tread very carefully, because these are dangerous waters. Yet, I have full faith on him, since he is clever and being with Vidushi, he may have learnt a cunning trick or two to read and recognize who is true and who is a lie.

Vidushi and Parth small flashback conversation made me realise that Vidushi isn't as shallow as she makes herself to be. She has depth, but a different kind. She needed Security, and with it if the luxury came, who is she to say no to it. Being materialistic sometimes is an assurance in a way. But I am yet to explore such a thing.
But when it comes to Love, she is like any other soul in love. She craves it, and she fortunately found it amidst all this lust floating around her. I could imagine the way the men leisurely undressed her with their eyes as she entered the ball and glided around talking to each of the high collared couples present. And during the dance, I could feel the tension and the attraction her seductive figure, her subtly mischievous eyes, her deliciously dusky skin caused to every male and female.

"What am I to you?"

"I will tell when I feel I won't meet you again."

These two lines, as I mentioned above, showed Vidushi's acceptance to explore it, and Parth's curiosity to know where he stood. It has been so long since they started this illicit affair and now Parth professing his love to her felt like you had knocked the breath out of me. I got the the feeling that  he is about to do something that won't make Vidushi happy.

But in the end it felt so beautiful to read the last of this. I felt like crying a bit, and smile simultaneously at the passion that had morphed itself from Lust to Love. 
I loved the sweetness of her trying to get his attention with the help of her diamond earrings and him being metaphorically stabbed in the gut, when he looked up to first see those earrings before being absorbed by those haunting hazel eyes.

I apologize for being not so chronological, but as I write my comment, everything seems to be coming to me in bits and parts and am glad I can remember all of it.

And she'll be waiting to have him back in her arms.
And he'll be waiting to rush back into her and disappear together.

Annie
P.S.: Thank you so much for this beautiful story, Tich! Hug

Edited by PhoenixRadar - 30 December 2014 at 2:45am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SangRegal

SangRegal IF-Rockerz
SangRegal
SangRegal

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:08am | IP Logged

^^^

Ash you have written fiction for 7 years.. God! That's huge! I was a major book worm and an escapist. Still am. I started writing a fictionised version of my own life then moved to pure fiction when I was 14. By 16 I got hooked to psychology and last year to history and philosophy. Yeah. Weird duh!
I started fictions immediately after joining i-f. Before that i was interested only in current affairs, editorials and blogs and non-fictions. It took me time to realize the beauty of fictions and now never i turn  back.

So you are an aries woman. I'm a Leo.. Aries, Leo, Saggitarious are alike.These three signs are fire. 
The best element Passion. Desire, Drive. Fire. 

You are right when you said vidushi likes to be challenged. India Pakistan ke saath cricket khelega toh hi mazaa aayega. Bangladesh ke saath khelne mein kya mazaa? Excellent Comparision!

Hahaha.. yeah tragedies are written for milking tears. Or may be for the fact that they make you feel more alive as they believe. I don't agree though. DDLJ climax scene when Simran runs to Raj made me as alive as Devdas climax. Push down the cliff and pull you up kinda scenes those are. They make me feel like yawning. A intense confrontation and a yelled confession or passionate declaration of one's intention is way better and less dramatic. People are fueled by emotions, and emotions,,,are volatile,

Oh yaar, we should discuss indeed.  Yesh!
PhoenixRadar IF-Rockerz
PhoenixRadar
PhoenixRadar

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:48am | IP Logged
edited moi comment! :D

Go to top