Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jin. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Happy_hippy

Hey. Tich, this is awesome...I love the way u have set it in historical era...the Raw passion that consumes the couple is very well written...ah can really imagine Vidarth as the couple indulging in hanky pinky oblivious to the duke...superb...do continue soon..

Trups,, so sweet yaar.
Thanks a lot for your chocolaty words.
hanky pinky..? hehehhe. nice term. I'll use it in future.. 
well u see vidarth are capable of anything..😉 they are besharams. Duke would have done of brain hemorrhage if he saw their besharmi.. 
SheWantsFanfic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Gudakesha

Dedicated to Moony. I wrote this in half an hour few days back. I though I'll proof read after I'll get siggy made but I havent yet. Please don't be harsh on me.

Hey  Tich! I got done with all my work (trying to get my younger brother to do his school work in the hols...So now I am going to do all my pending reviews and I decided to start with yours because I was dying to! 

Chittagong, 1850

Celebrating the new annexation, Duke of Grey Rubel's family shifted to the same palace which was taken over and in whose hall the lavish English cocktail party is being thrown. The palace underwent a total revamp since their shift, the bright red embroidered drapes were replaced with soft peach netted ones, the lighting was drastically dimmed and scented candles took place of oil lamps. I love the mood it sets, a lavish, fragrant classy setting. "Soft peach netting" Truly classy! The chandeliers were specially ordered from Portuguese Portugal?  and the furniture from Italy made up of rose wood Then again, rose wood is a beautifully great detail  graced their seating area. The party hall was adorned with exotic flowers that gave the candles a run for their money in aroma exhibition. But it wasn't the lavish decorum or free flowing champagne that high collar guests were eager for. All had only one question. Where is Duke Rubel's new wife? I love your attention to detail. It's refreshing, builds a picture of the era and ends with a question. Catchy, well done !

And there she comes, regally dressed in impeccable red gown made of pure silk, low cut at her bust, which was frilled heavily at her waist and flowing freely on the ground. Her hair is molded into several oval knots and held firmly into a place by a matching broach and a picture hat. Holding the gown gracefully Dutchess Vidushi Rubel walked down the aisle straight to the Duke. Woah! Your writing is very visual here. Loving it.

"My Lord," she said as she bowed down in his honour.

If only they hadn't knew beforehand that she is an Indian, they could have easily mistaken her as one among them. Duke Rubel took her hand into his. She could feel his warmness beneath the black lacy glove she wore and felt shy when he placed a kiss on it. She couldn't believe that she is now a Duchess. And for this she hadn't paid much price than manipulating and marrying a middle aged Duke who took over her kingdom, much against the chagrin of her family and honeymooning with him in Britain. Anything for survival and power, she sighed. Ah,history. Power and control is everything ain't it. Manipulating eh? More like seducing I bet!

She wasn't quintessentially beautiful but her charm was magnetic. Strongly magnetic; having capacity to entrap the man in a quagmire on whom she wishes to lay her smoked with kohl hazel eyes. i remembered a dialogue from the Tudors about Anne Bolyen. She wasn't really an English Rose nor did she fit into the blond hair, pale skin blue eyes standard of beauty. But she had eyes like dark hooks for the soul. That's how I picture Vidushi. With something deep and dangerous in her. Irresistible!  The other Dukes who were to make a mockery out of Duke Rubel for marrying an Indian Princess were now seething in jealousy. Her seductively swimming eyes, speech, grace and hospitality and humour and wit, already made half the men lust for her. Yep. Dark hooks for the soul it is.  Changing partners in the grand ball dance had them flying in clouds and at her feet psychologically at same time. And the most interesting fact, that she did not shiver or feel uncomfortable at their eye rapes. That challenged their male egos and made them want her more. And the one person who could make her shiver hasn't arrived yet. Her posture, her confidence. Unwavering in the face of the storm, but not in front of 'him' na?

She retired in her room when men were having a private aftermath. She was upset as she pulled down the pins in her hair and set her locks loose on her shoulders.

"May I have a dance with you my beautiful lady?" she heard a melting chocolate voice behind her. She didn't need to turn around to see the owner of the voice, for she knew him too well. Cue cat like smirk on my face.

"I'm drained out on my levels Knight Kashyap. Better luck next time," she said without turning back and busy giving her hair a customary hundred strokes. But he noticed her catching his glimpses on the mirror for fraction of second and smirked. Teasing. ðŸ˜†

Unlike the expensive silk and velvet embroidered waist coat and breeches of Duke Rubel, Knight Parth Kashyap has worn a long quilted cloak and a dagger swung at his waist. His hair cut short in military style. His sharpness of his jaw is visible under his sandpaper like stubble that always sets her spicy milked cheeks on friction when he bullies her with his sarcastic jabs. My my. The utter contrast between Parth and The Duke, the description alone!

"So I have upset you, my grace," he held his hand at his heart and said in courteousness. But chivalry is the last thing she needs from him. She had enough of that for the night and now she only wants him to sweep her off her feet. ðŸ˜† Contrast it is then!

"Indeed Knight Kashyap. If only you would kneel down and ask for forgiveness," she said raising from the chair and putting her comb on the dressing table. Her wicked hazel eyes were just the same as he saw for the first time few months ago. He came to Chittagong to collect the taxes for the Company when he was distracted continuous by the flashes of light. As he looked up he saw that they were reflections from her diamond earrings. And then he saw the eyes between those diamonds. He instantly knew that she wasn't lady-like as the other values and culture instilled Indian women. She was different, determined and deliciously dangerous. A danger which he loved to take up on himself in the form of sneaking into the palace at night. She recognized him instantly as she deliberated tried to gain his attention by flashing her earrings. What followed was a passionate intimacy between a Knight banished by his own people for working with British and a shrewd widowed Princess who needs a touch badly. And when two incomplete souls meet, it was explosion. No questions asked.😳 No words. Just amazing. The scenario here was a perfect one, so typical of her to try to flash her earrings in a bid to catch attention!

"Spare me the grace my lady, but I would never kneel down for forgiveness before you. If only I had to then it will be for rubbing my tongue over your..." ðŸ˜† Hehehe. God. I was blushing here. I kid you not but the gutter mind completed the sentence as it usually does!

"God Forbid!" she closed her ears on his dirty talks and he made his way to the bed laughing his stomach out.

He threw his cloak and stretched his legs on Duke's bed as if it's his own. He looked at her in a devilish gaze that now made her shiver. She always made her way out of situations cunningly but if there is one man who is too clever for her it is Knight Parth Kashyap. That is what makes her adore him and adulate him. Contrast again. And I am positively loving it. Him being the only man who makes her shiver!

"You are something else you know that?" he said in whisper.

"A lady who can sleep with a stranger within a month of her husband's demise and continues illicit relationships with him after getting married to a Duke for power is indeed something else," she said as she unhooked her gown and making it fall on the floor. Now only in her shimmy she went to the cupboard for a bottle of brandy. I don't blame her, turbulent times.

"Power? I doubt that. If that was the reason then you would have picked up wine now instead of brandy." 

"What else it could be?" she said as she poured it in a glass.

"I would say security. Survival." He got serious. "You know Vidushi, we both are alike. You felt it is better to marry a Duke and lead a luxurious life than to get entangled in freedom struggle and I boycotted the double standard traditions for the survival. My own family, people call me a traitor. And they were right too. I know how many atrocities I committed against my own countrymen." He has her figured out!

"What is wrong with you Parth? All this suddenly..?" she was concerned.

"Are we doing right?"

His question startled her. But she always believed ruling the hell is better than serving in heaven. And Parth is the one who made her believe it. They are sinners, conspirators, villains. While others are dying they are leading a lavish life. No she won't think of it. Nor she will let Parth's thoughts drift. They are each other's only thread of humanity. She kissed him coldly. Dizziness swept inside him and he had goosebumps. His aggressive little cat pounced on him wiping out everything from his mind and awakening the animal in him. Tearing off her shimmy he made an erotic turn bringing her now below him. Discarding his clothes he went aggressive on her and he encouraged her too. This is one thing she loves about him. He is insistent, unlike the other men she slept with who were ever so chivalrous on bed and she had to lie like a typical decent lady like a dead body. But with Parth she can shed all her inhibitions and give wings to her desires. She enveloped her knees around his waist and strived to bring him inside her. But as their skins brushed he retraced back, teasing her and making her faint in anticipation. He covered her mouth with his so as to stop her screaming on what followed next. This is their bond They make each other feel alive as society, morality and rules try to supress them! Loved it! It shows the passion, want and need for each other like oxygen!

The candles in the room melted long ago, still they weren't done yet.

"Parth, why is this darkness today?" she said when on top of him. "May be this is the last time."

She jolted up, quivering, the wrapper that covered her back fell and she instead of feeling cold was hot with fear.

"Why did you say that?" she pulled his hair like a child.

"Ouch! It was joke, Duchess. Forgive me!" he said with a wink.

"It better be!" she warned him and slept on his chest.

His rhythmic heartbeats soothed her mind as she is convinced that she managed to distract him. But for how long?

The dusk fell and dawn broke. She is still on him and he is still in her. Yet they did not seem unseparable.

"Vidushi?" he called her gently stroking her hair.

"Hmm.."

"You ok?"

"Never been better," she said with a blush.

"I love you." He said finally.

She looked at him in a jerk. It wasn't a moment a happiness because she remembers a conversation few months back.

What am I to you?' he asked when he met her first time after she married the Duke.

'I will tell you when I feel I won't meet you again' she said indicating that they would continue their night escapades. He said that he would do the same in a challenge.

And he said it today. What does he mean?

"Parth?" and then it did strike her, "No, you aren't going to revolt against the Company." So he's doing the "right thing" now. Her love has made him strong enough.

"Because I'm in love. And love teaches you to be devoted."

"Then I don't want your love," she is in tears, "I would rather glory in your lust." And she is scared of losing him.

He kissed her forehead softly.

"Hey, don't cry. Send me as you'd send a hero. Kiss me goodbye. And if I come back alive, I will take you with me. And I promise you, I won't enter from the window or the backyard but from the entrance of this grand palace, doesn't matter how many challenges I have to face." I want a sequel. Surely you ain't so sadistic to suggest this and not give it to us in all it's glory?

"You are crazy! You want me to elope with you. I will never do that!" she said sternly in tear eyes. She isn't a fool to depart with luxuries of a palace and power of a Duchess and wander in poverty and threat all her life. And Parth? Does he realize the consequences of running way with a Duke's wife? Is she scared, or just used to her life, or worried?

"You will. Keep your reverence on me and don't break mine."

He stood up to go. She tried to stop him, pleaded with him, gave him all the logics and threatened him with sentences. But he seemed to make up his mind. It's fear.

He pulled her close and kissed her as his last, but she pulled away.

"Get your hands off me you scoundrel! I hate you!"

"You don't."

"Oh I do. Hope you go to hell and get barbecued for breaking my heart and.. and.."

"Don't bother. I got the idea of your not so lady-like mind." He smirked at her tears and suddenly pulled her through her hairs violently and kissed her making her lips bleed as his last mark on her. This better not be goodbye!

She tried to hate him, despise him for abandoning her for sudden charms of patriotism but failed. His love gradually arrested her out of her wicked worldly wishes. She changed for good and the last sin she committed was killing the Duke with overdose of opium cleverly shedding crocodile tears of misery infront of the Company. For all the reverence she had for Parth she couldn't let the Duke kiss her or touch her where Parth did. Sometimes she wished he should have just deserted her and not speak of taking her way so that she wouldn't know what happened to him. But since he did she had no choice but to swim her eyes at the entrance always, "I love you too Parth. And I'll be waiting for you." This was a beautiful way to end. An ambigious one. I  believe he did return for her, and that they had a beautiful long life, devoid of any fear together.

This was a beautiful piece of work and I hope you do write more!

---edited for grammatical errors. And proofread and PMs sent. If you like it comment and tell me you want any other story of your concept or genre. I'll pen down---

Love

Tich.

Moony87 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Unres..

Tich.. ðŸ˜ƒ.. Sabse pehle to I am honored to be dedicated this marvelous piece of writing. Thanks yaaar.. This is sheer bliss to read.

The historical era and the vivid description just makes you visualize everything so clearly. Its like you are transported to that era. The characterization of Vidushi and Parth are perfect.. In the show I don't connect with them anymore coz there is no matching point in their psyche.. But here it is. And that makes it perfect.

Another point that makes Vidarth complete here is the betterment of their persona because of their love for each other. Again no where in the show, but here it is. He finally stands up and she gives up her materialistic desires and waits for him... Pure bliss.. I am officially done with Vidarth in the show to be frank but works like this make me remind why I fell for them and what I hoped out of them.

Atleast I have works like this to read that can give me a meaningful Vidarth full of passion and love for each other..

Thanks Tich.. Thanks a ton for writing such a meaningful piece on them. Highly obliged to have my name in the dedication.. Thank you.. Please write more.😊
Edited by Moony87 - 9 years ago
Happy_hippy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gudakesha

Trups,, so sweet yaar.
Thanks a lot for your chocolaty words.
hanky pinky..? hehehhe. nice term. I'll use it in future.. 
well u see vidarth are capable of anything..😉 they are besharams. Duke would have done of brain hemorrhage if he saw their besharmi.. 

yo sorry Tich.,spelling mistake..damn auto correct..its hanky panky..:)
Jin. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Burn_the_Ashes

Hey  Tich! I got done with all my work (trying to get my younger brother to do his school work in the hols...So now I am going to do all my pending reviews and I decided to start with yours because I was dying to! 

Ah.. u made it.. that's what matters.. My problem is I couldnt get myself to post next work unless i get feedback for last one. Hence I insisted. Hope i didnt trouble you much.

I love the mood it sets, a lavish, fragrant classy setting. "Soft peach netting" Truly classy! The chandeliers were specially ordered from Portuguese Portugal?  and the furniture from Italy made up of rose wood Then again, rose wood is a beautifully great detail

haan yaar. Portugal. I corrected it. You see it becomes difficult to keep track of works when ideas swim continuous. Aisi koi machine nahi kya jo hamare sochte hi automatically likh de, so that our thoughts dont get interrupted?

And aww yaar. glad you got the mood. Two paragraphs waste nahi hue mere.

I love your attention to detail. It's refreshing, builds a picture of the era and ends with a question. Catchy, well done !

Woah! Your writing is very visual here. Loving it.

you see it's an honor if a reader says i visualized everything written.. I'm on cloud 9.

Ah,history. Power and control is everything ain't it. Manipulating eh? More like seducing I bet!

Yep, that's what makes history fascinating. Power, control, survival,, rebel and submission. It is a fantasy on its own.

i remembered a dialogue from the Tudors about Anne Bolyen. She wasn't really an English Rose nor did she fit into the blond hair, pale skin blue eyes standard of beauty. But she had eyes like dark hooks for the soul. That's how I picture Vidushi. With something deep and dangerous in her. Irresistible!  

Quintessentially beautiful people seldom have that charm. There is now rawness in them. Cleopatra, Madhubala, Maryln Monroe, Noorjahan - these woman were known for their intelligent seduction and highlighting their assets - eyes. Not any other vital statistics. So yes,i have taken them as an inspiration and highlighted her eyes and grace instead of her other body parts. I think that is what all we vidarthians think about Nisha.

Her posture, her confidence. Unwavering in the face of the storm, but not in front of 'him' na?

Hahaha.. vidushi ser hai toh parth savaa ser hai. He is always two steps ahead of her.

My my. The utter contrast between Parth and The Duke, the description alone!

awww glad u noticed and loved it. Parth is afterall a knight. And uski guts toh dekho, Duke ki biwi ke saath,.. tauba tauba.. heheh

No words. Just amazing. The scenario here was a perfect one, so typical of her to try to flash her earrings in a bid to catch attention!

hahaha.. it is quite old worldish. Earrings flash karna.. yaar aaj kal kaun karta hai. Old world romance ki baat hi alag hai. In 21st century romance is cliched and charmless.

"Spare me the grace my lady, but I would never kneel down for forgiveness before you. If only I had to then it will be for rubbing my tongue over your..." ðŸ˜† Hehehe. God. I was blushing here. I kid you not but the gutter mind completed the sentence as it usually does!

chalo tumne complete kar diya. Main complete karti toh ban ho jaati i-f se. hehhehe..

Contrast again. And I am positively loving it. Him being the only man who makes her shiver!

well yes, you see if she manages to control him, she will never be able to respect him. He will be just like Duke or her other beaux to her. He is too smart for her and makes her shiver, that is why she has survived with him. It is true for reallife too. No woman likes a henpecked husband or boyfriend.

This is their bond They make each other feel alive as society, morality and rules try to supress them! Loved it! It shows the passion, want and need for each other like oxygen!

Yes, that's why they love each other. Because they both are alike.

I want a sequel. Surely you ain't so sadistic to suggest this and not give it to us in all it's glory?

Hahah.. I'm sadistic enough to make you guys speculate if Parth will ever return or not. I wouldnt mind if anyone writes the sequel. Or two sequels. One if Parth is alive and return and other if parth is dead and doesnt return.

"You are crazy! You want me to elope with you. I will never do that!" she said sternly in tear eyes. She isn't a fool to depart with luxuries of a palace and power of a Duchess and wander in poverty and threat all her life. And Parth? Does he realize the consequences of running way with a Duke's wife? Is she scared, or just used to her life, or worried?

You can say her reaction is more like giving all the property to the trust and living in a cowshed or a prime minister resigning from the post to go to himalayas.

This was a beautiful way to end. An ambigious one. I  believe he did return for her, and that they had a beautiful long life, devoid of any fear together.

Well if the Duke and Company comes to know there will always be threat on their heads. He might be killed by hundreds of guards while entering palace or may be they both elope but get caught and shot dead or may be parth is dead in the war and vidushi is living in his memories or even pregnant like rose lives after jack's death in titanic. The setting is 1850 and we had first war of independence in 1857 which was a disaster. Hence i didnt want to get facts wrong. Hence this ambiguous ending.

This was a beautiful piece of work and I hope you do write more!

I'll try historical again. Perhaps this time in 4th century. Vidarth and historical are volcanic. And i'm totally flattered with your detailed comment.🤗

Jin. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Happy_hippy

yo sorry Tich.,spelling mistake..damn auto correct..its hanky panky..:)

hanky panky.. hahaha.googled.
As i said, i'll use this term somewhere.😉
Jin. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Moony87

Unres..

Tich.. ðŸ˜ƒ.. Sabse pehle to I am honored to be dedicated this marvelous piece of writing. Thanks yaaar.. This is sheer bliss to read.

The historical era and the vivid description just makes you visualize everything so clearly. Its like you are transported to that era. The characterization of Vidushi and Parth are perfect.. In the show I don't connect with them anymore coz there is no matching point in their psyche.. But here it is. And that makes it perfect.

Another point that makes Vidarth complete here is the betterment of their persona because of their love for each other. Again no where in the show, but here it is. He finally stands up and she gives up her materialistic desires and waits for him... Pure bliss.. I am officially done with Vidarth in the show to be frank but works like this make me remind why I fell for them and what I hoped out of them.

Atleast I have works like this to read that can give me a meaningful Vidarth full of passion and love for each other..

Thanks Tich.. Thanks a ton for writing such a meaningful piece on them. Highly obliged to have my name in the dedication.. Thank you.. Please write more.😊

Moony i think we should stop watching the show till they give us proper track because we will not feel charmed by them anymore. I hope we all writers dont give up "our" vidarth which are different from show's vidarth. And with this dedication if you wish to love them atleast in fictions then i'll be honored.
And yes, i completely agree with you when u said vidarth are betterment of their persona - here you see parth gave a damn when vidushi didnt want to let go of her status and power, he made his decision as an individual. And then vidushi followed after a thought. That is what love is, it makes u a better person. Show just failed to do that. I'm happy to meet such wonderful people like you here who teach me new things every day and restore my faith in humanity.🤗
sakina1267 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Res... aaram se read karke vl comment
SheWantsFanfic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Jin. thumbnail
^^^

Ash you have written fiction for 7 years.. God! That's huge!
I started fictions immediately after joining i-f. Before that i was interested only in current affairs, editorials and blogs and non-fictions. It took me time to realize the beauty of fictions and now never i turn  back.

So you are an aries woman. I'm a Leo.. Aries, Leo, Saggitarious are alike.These three signs are fire.

You are right when you said vidushi likes to be challenged. India Pakistan ke saath cricket khelega toh hi mazaa aayega. Bangladesh ke saath khelne mein kya mazaa?

Hahaha.. yeah tragedies are written for milking tears. Or may be for the fact that they make you feel more alive as they believe. I don't agree though. DDLJ climax scene when Simran runs to Raj made me as alive as Devdas climax.

Oh yaar, we should discuss indeed.