Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

ArHi OS: Haal-e-Dil

Dandelion. Goldie
Dandelion.
Dandelion.

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:43am | IP Logged

Banner by Koeli

The sight in front of him was too surreal for him. He must be hallucinating right now, he told to himself. The girl who he had been searching for years is now standing right in front of him. Khushi. He said under his breath. He watched her as she stood across the street. She hasn't changed a bit; she was as beautiful as she was 8 years ago. Her hair danced in the soft breeze and he could still feel their softness in his hands. She took out her phone and let out a groan, muttering something to herself and tucking few strands of hair behind her ear. An instant smile appeared on his face as her small act triggered thousands of memories he had with her. But it didn't take a minute for it to disappear as he remembered that one memory which he would give anything to forget.

Jaan ve.. Jaan le .. Haal-e-dil

Jaan ve jaan le Haal-e-dil

Jaan ve bol de haal-e-dil

Aaja tere seene mein saans saans pighloon main

Aaja tere hothonse baat baat nikloon main

Tu meri aag se roshni chaantle

Yeh zameen aasmaan jo bhi hai baant le

Jaan ve jaan le haal-e-dil

As he opened his eyes, he felt the world spinning around him and that's when he realized he had a really bad hangover last night. He had slept in his car as he didn't want his Di to find him in that state. But staying out all night wasn't going to be a very pleasant scenario either for his Di. He got out of his car and sprayed a hell lot of a mouth freshener into his mouth that he almost choked. Pushing the door open, he brushed his messy hair with his hands quickly. He gulped seeing his sister pacing across the living room. His eyes travelled to his mother who was sitting on the sofa with his brother-in-law. Today he was going to get a good lecture from them.

"Di, I am so sorry! I swear I won't do that again." He said as he came face to face with his sister, Anjali whose eyes welled up as soon as she saw him. "Di? What's wrong?"

"Khushi came here last night. I tried to call you so many times butt.." Her voice broke and he held her shoulders wanting her to finish that sentence.

"Khushi? What happened Di?" He asked, his voice louder than before and Anjali covered her mouth with her hands trying to fight a sob. She knew how much it would hurt her Chote.

"She left." His mother said with a broken voice.

"What?" He asked, unable to process what he just heard,

"She said she was leaving last night." Anjali looked up at him and he took a step back. "Chote.." Anjali called out but he was already out of Raizada  Mansion. He drove his car as fast as he could, praying that she wouldn't have left. But when he had reached her house, it was already locked. She was gone. His Khushi was gone.

"Khushi.." He whispered her name and it was as if it had been ages since he had heard himself say that name. His voice made her freeze and she was too afraid to turn around. A part of her wanted to see Arnav in front of her while another part of her wished if it was just an imagination. She slowly turned to him and when she saw him  her heart skipped a beat. It was as if she froze. He watched her as her hazel eyes were wide open with surprise. Neither of them said anything. They were too lost to realize anything that's happening right now.

Aaja maahiya aaja

Aaja mahiya aaja

Bebasiyaan aajaa.. aaja maahiya aaja

Din jogi raataan sab dasiyaan aaja

Teri jholiyaan paaon ghar galliyaan aaja

Aaja maahiya aajaa

Aaja maahiya aajaa

"I need your help." Khushi said as she sat across the coffee table where Arnav was sitting. He looked over at her as she stood there holding couple of books to her chest.

"Since when does scholar Khushi need my help?" He asked emphasizing on the word scholar and she just ignored him.

"It's important." She said, tucking the strands of hair behind her hair as the wind blew her hair to her face. "I need you to be my boyfriend for the next few weeks,"

"Can you elaborate please?" He said in a sarcastic tone.

"My cousin, Payal is coming to my house for holidays. And I can't tolerate her taunting for a whole 3 week! She is going to brag about how she has so many boyfriends and how happening her life is while she criticizes me for hiding behind my books and having no life!"

"And she is wrong how?"

"Is this coffee hot? I am this close to throwing it on your face."

"Whoaa! Okay okay! Calm down woman! Just tell your mother to brag about you doing medicine."

"She is studying Law."

"Ooh! A law student. I would love to meet her!"

"You already have a girlfriend"

"Sounds about right." He says sipping his coffee.

"I know you have a girlfriend! But she doesn't have to know about this! I promise this will be over within 3 weeks! And there is no hitch! Nothing like those movies where you pretend and then you begin to actually fall in love. Promise!"

That was what she had promised him that day. But she broke her promise. But it doesn't matter now. He wouldn't even remember it now. She thought to herself.

"Arnav!" She said smiling at  him.

"London, huh?" He said and she nods. So she has been living here since then. He thought. It's not like he tried to find her. If she hadn't even told his Di where she was going then it was clear that she didn't wanted him to find her. And he respected her decision even thought it was killing him every single day. "Khushi... I.." He was interrupted by the voice of a little girl who came running to them and stopped immediately as she saw him. She then turned to Khushi.

"I am so sorry for being so late! Please say you will still take me to the play date." The little girl pleaded. Arnav felt his heart sink as realization struck him. She moved on. Wait, what was there between them to move on from?

"Hi, I am.." Arnav's sentence was cut by her voice.

"Arnav. I know who you are." She said as her eyes sparkled in the sunlight. "I saw several pictures of you both." She says looking at Khushi who was wishing if she hadn't got her chatterbox skills from her. "Oh and by the way, I am not her daughter. My mom and dad are no more. And since then I have been living with Khushi. But she gives that impression to almost every guy she"" She couldn't finish her sentence when Khushi grabbed her hand and pulled her towards her.

"Okay, Neha. That's enough talking for now! People have started having doubts whether you are really 8 years old." She says gritting her teeth and Neha smiled mischievously. Khushi looked over at Arnav then and said, "I am so sorry, but we are running late for her play date." She thanked Neha for showing up as it gave her the perfect excuse to leave. She didn't want to have a chit-chat with him right now. It would be too hard for her. It is true that she tried her best to move on but she just couldn't. She just couldn't forget him. She couldn't forget how much she had loved him.

"I could drive you there." He says and Khushi shut her eyes in disappointment. She knew he had a lot to talk to her about and he wasn't a person who would give up so easily.

"That would be perfect! Right, Khushi?" She looked over at her aunt and knew she was in trouble. But she looks back at Arnav. "Maasi says yes!" She says and asks where his car is and he points towards it. She goes running to the car but Arnav doesn't follow her..

"Divya Di?" He asked in a cracking voice. And Khushi nods leaving him completely stunned.

"They both died in a car accident." He looked at Khushi who was trying hard not to breakdown infront of him. And all he wanted to right now was to hold her in arms and comfort her like old times. They were once close friends and now it felt as if they were two strangers.

"You two coming or not?" It was Neha's voice that brought them back to present.

They both watched Neha as she went in her best friend's house after waving goodbye at them both. "She is a lovely kid." Arnav murmured. And Khushi smiled gently.

"So what brought you here?"

"Uh, it's business trip," He said and they sat in the car quietly for a while and Arnav spoke up. "You didn't come to the school reunion." He says and she inhales deeply.

"Yeah something came up." She says casually and he gives a mocking laugh. "What's so funny?'"

"I was just wondering if that's the same thing that came up the night you left. You know, without telling me." His tone was harsh and she swallowed hard.

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean, Khushi. One moment I am your friend and next second you just shut me out of your life. Is that how you treat all your friends? Why did you do that?" His voice trailed off. She wanted to scream and tell him the reason why she left. She wanted to tell him he was more than a friend. In fact he was everything to her. He still is.

"Can we please not talk about it?" She said in a low voice.

"Why not? I want to kno why you never said goodbye to me. I want to know why you never contacted me this whole time."

"You never tried to contact me either."

"It wasn't as if you wanted me to." He said, waiting for her to reply. Wanting to hear her say that she did wanted him to find her. She did miss him as much as he did. But she doesn't say anything about it and instead ask Arnav to drive faster saying she has to go to her clinic. And Arnav did the same. He drove her to her home and didn't even bother to say goodbye.

Aaja tere maathe pe chaand bann ke uthroon main

Aaja teri aankhonse khwab khwab guzroon main

Rag rag pe hai tere saaye ve

Rag rag pe hai tere saaye

Rang tera chadh chadh aaye ve

Rang tera chadh chadh aaye

"I bet you'd have had a lot of girlfriends before." Khushi listened as Payal kept throwing herself at Arnav in the dining hall after everyone had left. It was the first day of their fake relationship and her cousin was already trying to win him from her. She can even get something Khushi never had.

"No not much." Khushi could feel the sense of pride in Arnav's voice and she rolled her eyes. Payal giggled and Khushi could imagine her pouting at him right now. "But none of them is like Khushi." She heard him say and she tilted her head a little bit so she could see both of them. She could see the change in expression of Payal. "You see, she is the kind of girl who is perfect in every way and yet she doesn't acknowledge that herself. You wouldn't dare to get too close to her because you know that once you do, you'd never be able to let her go. You're too afraid that you're not good enough for her. That you might hurt her."

"And here I was thinking you two were dating." Payal says suspiciously and Arnav just chuckled saying we are.

That was the first time Khushi got confused between what's real and what's not. It was as if she was falling into her own trap. Day by day, she was getting used to Arnav's company. She wasn't the shy girl she used to be. She found her confidence in Arnav. He was there to support her every time she needed him. Things got more worse when Arnav's family had found out about them. The love and care that they all gave her made her become more and more attached to them and she was afraid that she wouldn't be able to let go when the time comes. She had told Arnav to tell them the truth but he insisted on keeping it that way so they would go on thinking her finally had broken up with Veronica who wasn't in the good books of his family.

As soon as Khushi entered her apartment, she closed the door and she was already crying. She sat on the floor and hugged her knees and she cried. She had held them in her eyes for years and right now she wanted to let them fall. It was becoming too hard for her to keep all that grief buried inside her. She needed to let go. He doesn't have the right to barge into her life and play the third degree on her now. Only she knew how hard it was for her to leave in the first place. And how can he expect her to say goodbye to him when he was the last person she would want to say goodbye to.  But she had to leave him for good.

. "Because of you I am in this condition! Do you know how much I love Veronica? Yes! I love her! More than you could love any stupid guy like you, okay! But because of you everything got messed up! Only because of you!"

That was the last thing he had said to her before she had come to London. She knew he was too drunk that night to remember anything. And she hoped he wouldn't remember that. She knew he would regret saying to her, and the only reason he said that was because he was drunk. After he had gone out of her house, leaving her heartbroken, she took the hardest decision she had ever taken in her life. To leave him. And It was as if destiny had already planned this for her. To go away from Arnav' life.  That same night her parents surprised her with the trip to London. She immediately agreed to them as it was the perfect getaway for her. She wouldn't even have to face Arnav.

Khushi was startled by the sound of her phone ringing. Picking up the mobile she wiped off her tears. It was Neha. She was pleading for Khushi to allow her to have a sleepover at her best friend Meera's house.. She had even asked Meera's mom to speak to Khushi about it and finally Khushi agreed. It was good for her too. She needed to spend the night alone.

Khushi looked through the window and she could see it was raining heavily outside. She had called several times at Meera;s house to check on Neha and she told her it was all right and gave her a long speech about what a big girl she is.

Nothing was better than a hot coffee on a rainy night and Khushi was about to take a sip when someone knocked on the door. She opened the door and the sight in front of her shook her. It was Arnav standing in front of her, drenched in rain. His eyes were intense and he locked the gaze with her. "Oh my God! You are freezing!" She said and hurried towards her room to get a towel and she handed it to him, he just stood there, motionless. She draped it around him and looked up at him.  "Can I get you something?" Khushi asked, not being able to figure out what's going on there.

"Yes." He spoke and Khushi breathed in relief. "I want answers." He says as he barged into her apartment. "And I am not leaving without them." He said, fixing his eyes on her. She closed the door and came to him.

"What do you want to know?" Khushi asked calmly and it made him angrier.

"What do I want to know? Okay, let's start with you playing now you see me now you don't trick on me?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean! You got what you wanted from me and you decide to leave without saying even goodbye to me?"

"What are you talking about?"

"It was all a lie, wasn't it? It wasn't Payal you wanted to make jealous. It was your ex-boyfriend who also happens to be Payal's current boyfriend. It was him who you wanted to win!"

"Oh my God!! I can't even believe you're saying that!" It was true she once had a crush on Rahul who was her classmate back in school but she got over him. And she didn't even know he was Payal's boyfriend till he showed up in their house one day. It wasn't because of him, she asked Arnav to pretend to be her boyfriend.

"Why? If it wasn't for Veronica I wouldn't even have known what you were up to!" There was a silence in the room following his sentence.

"Believe what you want, Arnav. It doesn't matter to me." Khushi said in a broken voice and started to leave but Arnav was too fast and caught her hand.

"But it matters to me." He said pulling her towards him. "Why did you do this to me?" His voice softer but Khushi jerked her hand back.

"Dammit, Arnav! What was I supposed to tell you? That I made up a lie and the only one falling for it was me? How could I tell you that I broke the promise I made?" All the anger that he had was gone now. She loved him. She loved him all this while. But soon the faint smile that had appeared in his lips faded.

"Is that what this was about? Your pride?" His words were like a stake driven through her heart. He didn't love her but at least he could respect her feelings. She had thought she deserved that much but she was wrong.

"Yeah, Arnav. It was my pride that got in the way. It wasn't because you barged into my room in the middle of the night and told me that I was the reason for all your problems. I was the reason you can't be with Veronica who you love more than anyone else. You're right, Arnav. You always have been." Tears were flowing down her cheeks and she didn't bother to wipe them away. It was then he realized the whole thing. It was the night when Veronica had told him about Rahul when  he had gone there to tell her he had fallen in love with Khushi. That night he must have gone to Khushi's house. He obviously was too drunk to remember that.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" That was all he could say and Khushi turned away from him, walking towards her room. But Arnav blocked her way.

Aaja tere haathon pe kismathon sa likhloon main

Aaja tere kaandhe pe umr bhar ko tikloon main

Teri ankhiyon ke do gehene ve

Teri ankhiyonke do gene

Phirte hai pehne pehne ve

Phirte hai pehne pehne

"Just let me go, Arnav. You got your answers." She says, shutting her eyes as he cupped her face with his hands, wiping away the tears.

"No! Please, Khushi hear me out. I should have  done this 8 years ago but I was a coward. When Veronica told me you did all that to get back Rahul, I felt used. I felt Betrayed." His voice was shaking and his eyes were wet with tears. She still doesn't open her eyes and it was killing him. "Khushi, please. Look at me. Don't do this to me, please. You've no idea how much I've longed for this." He whispers, touching his forehead with hers. "How much I have missed you. Your voice... Your face.. I had fallen in love with you, Khushi. And I still am in love with you." She opened her eyes and it gave him more strength. "I love you so much."

Khushi grabbed his face and pulled him to her, crashing her lips on his. There was everything in that kiss; anger. desire and desperation. She was angry at him for not telling her that before. If only he had told her they wouldn't have to be separated for this long. But she was to blame too. But this wasn't the time to think about all that. She ran her hands along his back and he let out a soft moan as he pushed her against the wall. She  wrapped her hands round his neck and pulled him closer but there was no closer. They broke the kiss when both them were out of breath.. And they stood there, panting.

"Marry me, Khushi." Arnav spoke, as he tucked few strands of her hair behind her hair. She looked at him with her hazel eyes not able to cope up with all the things that has happened right now. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And I want the rest of my life to start now," He says and he kissed her forehead tenderly. Khushi couldn't speak right now. She was too overwhelmed.

"Yes!" She says, as her eyes welled up with tears. But this time they were of happiness. He pulled her to him and hugged her tightly, nuzzling her neck as she ran her hands through his hair. "I love you, Arnav."

"I love you more." He whispered.

Jaan ve jaan le haal-e-dil

Haal-e-dil... Haal-e-dil

Haal-e-dil... Haal-e-dil...

Okay, so I have decided to write a second part for Date by Chance. I will update it tomorrow Smile

If you liked this OS, please do press like and leave a comment below! 

Love you all! Hug

My other works;

Date by Chance

The Secret Friend

My Index!

Edited by .MistyMornings. - 31 December 2014 at 4:34am

The following 150 member(s) liked the above post:

uno1234vithus1592resmisnspriraniushaneeveeneena2000Snigdha92aliahaysepetunia31nanicaAz1984HemaSuryaSannys-fanmkaviipkknd12malar3truep123bhambarisangeethbalacutyanushkacoolkhush5sydycutie13ruby20Super.womanshalinikanaguMayaraaSobtianusha.nushakhi123glamourbirdanamika00guy3khwaish_245Archu61jbluedayabcdefg1234567AishaqaiserSwathiarshisimransmilycrazyjiprathyusha120WaterIcegatawelcomebrodianapadhi92Shaheen17ParimaapFrozen_AnaThroneina_saahilMeherSCrystalcrazei_m_arshiyaYellowbootPayaashChocolateArshinik1310loves_aishuC0ralineArilipniya55Annie-iris_iris2vks11FeistyDewdropifsaal044faffyAfsha29Anu567arnavkushiarshitanu3579imran78Aishu136jeya0301sweetnonisagarpatadiacute_monaya_fanmarch2011dva2vraN0306riyarhararnavarshiadvayTwilightStar_JPShru9tipraseethaspillakushiarnav1zayana123ILoveFFadhu11SirenMitraSarunNArshirk2127MisnomerAnnasabu.PastelDamsel.nadiafarjanaJaveria3991-Aaliya.KryAn-dieforasrHumayramissmkzariya123aquagalflower95GAURI29daisydee425Sona257jisashiv456chandana.skritashroops82xBabyAngelxzafiShamz94-afsha-Diva_Akorshichandni4433drunkiiebabeajooprukuswasthikaChitraFArjuhisissarunsashasinghangeldream14laksh65--MISHTEE--fffan123soharaseeta_naips..Jyoti..-Roshini-pup03ranogillhoney-sweetyHappytwinklequicksilver.NestleToulousechavvi16mishti_17dumasMysticRiverDownhill-PyaariBhootni-coolhi1988RajiSobtiansadhnasoumya

-Roshini- IF-Sizzlerz
-Roshini-
-Roshini-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Awesome os
shruti46 IF-Sizzlerz
shruti46
shruti46

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 8:31am | IP Logged
niceo.s...they are together even after so many hurdles . .
honey-sweety IF-Sizzlerz
honey-sweety
honey-sweety

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Awww that was beautiful OS...

they spent 8 long years away with each other because of some mis understandings though they are in love ...Glad that Arnav confessed his feelings to Kushi... 
Parimaap Senior Member
Parimaap
Parimaap

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Awesome update
Annie- Goldie
Annie-
Annie-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Awe cute os! :)
.PastelDamsel. IF-Rockerz
.PastelDamsel.
.PastelDamsel.

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Lovely shot :)
DMGFan-2b-not2b IF-Dazzler
DMGFan-2b-not2b
DMGFan-2b-not2b

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Hmmm.. what all a small lack of communication can lead to! But then all of us are scared to be the one to voice our feelings lest we be ridiculed!

Go to top