India-Forums

Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

The Hypocrisy That Is Now YHM

-Ara- IF-Sizzlerz
-Ara-
-Ara-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 6:38am | IP Logged
So I was listening to Epik High's song called Spoilers and I was like, you know what a few weeks down the line this is exactly where the show is heading. 

And then a friend and I got into a discussion about IshRa and the chat basically turned into a rant session. So because I needed to let it all out and though I'm terribly sorry for ranting in that chat and letting YHM rule whatever is left of my life here it goes. Over analysing, yes! Do I care? No. Do I ship IshRa anymore? I'm getting close to finding comfort seeing them apart rather than together, if I am to be bluntly honest. Is this good? Extremely.  

Here's the chat. My side of the conversation because I don't have permission to post the other side of the conversation. I haven't asked for it as yet. 

[26/12 5:54 pm] ...: So instead listening to kpop, plotting ishra breakup (cause I'm that lame), and doing math.

[26/12 5:56 pm] ...: Ishita is over bearing now and Raman deep down then wants Shagun. 

[26/12 5:57 pm] ...: It feels like it was always Raman and Shagun's story and Ishita just barged in and now she needs to let go. You know?

Letting Shagun sleep in her marriage bed which which was rightfully once Shagun's.

[26/12 5:58 pm] ...: Makes me quote, "If Ishita could make her place in Raman's life so easily how easy would it be for Shagun to steal it back,"

[26/12 5:59 pm] ...: That's why i feel like ruhi could go back to shagun without it being too traumatizing.  (says friend) >> Point. Because if you look at it, Raman does look at Shagun, Ruhi, Aditya and him as a FAMILY. (I reply) 

[26/12 6:00 pm] ...: And as Shagun puts it in harsher terms, Ishita is nothing but a glorified and overly self righteous nanny.

[26/12 6:01 pm] ...: Because harsh as it is, if the Bhalla's give her no importance despite everything she has 'done' and if Raman doesn't go against her when she proposes that his ex wife would stay there along with his son who does nothing but "bully" Ishita at every chance he gets, forever putting her down. What value does she have in their life?

[26/12 6:03 pm] ...: Like, if it was Subbu. And if Ishita brought Subbu home and decided that it was all right for Subbu to seek shelter in their house (with his toddler son in tow) while he separated from his wife would Raman have the same reaction? Would he just stand calm and let Ishita live under the same roof with the man she loved since she was 15 for 12 long years?

(Friend says) What if it was Raman who brought Subbu home? Like Ishita did with Raman. How creepy would that be? Ishita makes no sense.  

[26/12 6:03 pm] ...: Why is no one taking action?

[26/12 6:03 pm] ...: If Ishita decided to bring Subbu home and house him in the Iyer house, would everyone be this sane and accepting?

[26/12 6:03 pm] ...: Then why now?

[26/12 6:04 pm] ...: Why is no one like, NO ISHITA, THIS IS YOUR HOUSE. NOT HERS. SHE WALKED OF AND SHE MAY BE ON THE ROADS. WE DON'T CARE. IT WAS HER DECISION.

[26/12 6:05 pm] ...: Why is everyone giving Aditya so much importance whilst ignoring Ruhi?

[26/12 6:05 pm] ...: Why isn't it Ruhi?

[26/12 6:06 pm] ...: Why does Aditya always hurt everyone and get away scot free while Ruhi gets reprimanded for faults that aren't even hers (like her trying to get some family time during the accident track) or Raman flinging her across the room when Ashok sowed the seed that Ruhi wasn't Raman's child.

[26/12 6:07 pm] ...: Why is Aditya NEVER EVER screamed at?

[26/12 6:07 pm] ...: Is this what we have come to?

[26/12 6:07 pm] ...: A disobedient brat of 12 ruling over so many lives as lives go helter skelter just to accommodate him?

(Edit: Why does Ruhi have to face the wrath? The hatred that she grew up in before Ishita entered her life? Raman hated her for reminding him of Shagun while he still pined for his son. Did he forget Aditya was a part of Shagun too or did the whole "he's the heir" deal self diagnose him with selective amnesia when it came to Aditya. Don't even get me started on the mole. Don't. And the whole "ghar ka chirag", are you kidding me? If Aditya is the 'heir', Ruhi is the 'heiress', why is she only given importance when Aditya is absent. Why is she forgotten about so easily. Funny that coming from two parents who fail to realise that Ruhi is afraid of Shagun to a point. In the last meeting with her so called birth mother, the so called lady almost slapped her in public that too for a reason as silly as ruining her mehndi accidently. Oh, Ishita. Did you forget that? The whole lecture on how Shagun doesn't deserve a family and Ruhi is her daughter alone.. Blah. Blah.  

[26/12 6:07 pm] ...: These are actual issues.

[26/12 6:08 pm] ...: It isn't a TV show. These are genuine issues.

[26/12 6:08 pm] ...: As I have once claimed. I have a cousin who lives with me and she is given freedom because her parents have split but she isn't given so much freedom that she rules or decides what goes on in life.

[26/12 6:09 pm] ...: If she gets into a mess, everyone takes it upon themselves to correct her.

[26/12 6:09 pm] ...: Not like Aditya who went literally scot free with community service after almost murdering a lady who was his step mother's mother. 

[26/12 6:10 pm] ...: Why doesn't Raman go up to Aditya and say, "You know what Aditya - that lady you mock, she's my wife and she's Ruhi's mother. The earlier you learn to respect her. The better it is.

[26/12 6:10 pm] ...: But no, he doesn't do that. He just let's his son go scot free.

[26/12 6:10 pm] ...: No. You know what? 

[26/12 6:11 pm] ...: Discuss this bloody thing out. And I'm going to copy paste and post it up there because people who find Mahanta and logic in this bullshit have started to piss me off.

[26/12 6:11 pm] ...: How the f**k is letting someone walk all over you acceptable?

[26/12 6:12 pm] ...: How the f**k is degrading your parents in public for a woman who has done nothing but scar you husband, abuse your child (emotionally and almost physically) and torment, insult and ridicule your family at every turn even justified?

[26/12 6:14 pm] ...: How can you just walk over your parents who have sacrificed so much including their youth for a kid who does nothing but degrade you and his mother who fails to respect you and treats you nothing more than a pawn even acceptable?

[26/12 6:14 pm] ...: Modern women? Seriously? Because being modern and being irrevocably stupid are two different things.

[26/12 6:14 pm] ...: Modern women think and act.

[26/12 6:14 pm] ...: We decide what's right for us.

[26/12 6:15 pm] ...: We are selfish when it comes to our loved ones and will go through any lengths to protect them.

[26/12 6:15 pm] ...: We put our priorities before everyone's opinions.

[26/12 6:17 pm] ...: Ishita as a woman has lost respect for me when she apparently dissed her mother yesterday. The same mother who went against society, family and everyone in between to protect her youngest daughter. The same mother who single handedly took her back home during the Param fiasco. The same mother who has wished nothing but the best for her. And being a mother herself, such behavior is just not acceptable to me. Not a moral police, just a critic and this is disappointing.

Friend says how the CV's are ruining a perfect couple by adding this mess all in search of the perfect moment. She says that life doesn't hold back for you to have the perfect moment.  

I say, perfection is when you realise that there is no such thing as perfect. And that beauty lies in the negative. Life is made of in perfect moments that we make perfect in our own ways.

A Sincere Request To The CV's: Please stop making a mockery of serious, genuine and grave issues in the name of TRP. That's an a cry for mercy rather than a request. Please. 

Maybe you and I were playing a crazy game of charades
With the ending already decided from the first frame
Maybe you and I were already headed toward the end from the first scene
This is our last parade.

Your cold eyes and words are the spoiler
In your every action, I see our end
I tell myself it's not true but I feel the spoiler
Should I watch till the end? Or should I leave now?
What if there's a twist?
I can't let you go

- Spoiler, Epik High 

Note: These are my views. You are free to prove me wrong. Everyone who knows me knows that I pile my episodes in bulk and then watch them of I choose too. You can feel free to correct me. But do not, do not bash. Everyone is entitled to their views and these are mine. If you're hands are itching to insult or I don't know show how great you are in a public forum where no one gives two hoots about your ranking other then yourself, there's a close icon on your browser and after you hit that, please find a mirror and have a curse session. I wouldn't mind. But not here. We critique. Not mock, insult and degrade each other. Views are subjective. Thank you.  

Edit: No matter how strong the relationship is, people have issues when they see their partners ex nearby. This mahaan character gets her husband's ex and dumps her in their (IshRa) marriage bed. How great are you? We need to coin a new word to define your greatness. 

Edited by AraBearxx - 26 December 2014 at 6:47am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

swanirinall.Rajji.gravity23appussRomComFan--Megha--MS-meghasharmaanjs

anjs IF-Sizzlerz
anjs
anjs

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 6:57am | IP Logged
i totally totally totally agree with you...esp with regards to insulting Mrs Iyer...whatever little respect Ishita had in my eyes, was all gone yesterday, after the way she sternly told Amma to stay off n later reprimanded Toshi for her concern for Amma...
i read a few comments, saying that she didnt insult...and little bit of reprimanding is ok...and that Mrs Iyer didnt feel bad, she was ok, in the later scenes...all i want to reply is that i feel pity for the parents of those who think its ok for daughters to insult their parents a little bit

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

swanidrishtimaurya-Ara-

appuss IF-Dazzler
appuss
appuss

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:01am | IP Logged
AWESOME POST!!!!
ishita is wrong in bringing shagun home, making a mockery of her marriage in society and insulting her parents for shagun
raman is wrong for not getting another house for his ex-son duo and praising ishita when she is doing nonsense deeds which cater to his selfish love for his son. 

irrespective of whether raman love ishita or not, a proper man will not allow his ex who cheated on him, slept with another man and put him through hell for 6 long years to step in his house... not even for his son.

Where were the bhallas when their "ghar ka chirag" was staying in a freaking hostel for years... was he not uncomfortable then.

I want to see whom toshi will choose if she has to... adi or ruhi. She believes only male child is heir.

Ishra was a beautiful pair, CVs butchered them mercilessly for trps...

I hope we get a relief from "mahaan ishita + majbhoor raman" atleast by the end of this track

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

swanidrishtimauryagravity23-Ara-

-Ara- IF-Sizzlerz
-Ara-
-Ara-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anjs

i totally totally totally agree with you...esp with regards to insulting Mrs Iyer...whatever little respect Ishita had in my eyes, was all gone yesterday, after the way she sternly told Amma to stay off n later reprimanded Toshi for her concern for Amma...
i read a few comments, saying that she didnt insult...and little bit of reprimanding is ok...and that Mrs Iyer didnt feel bad, she was ok, in the later scenes...all i want to reply is that i feel pity for the parents of those who think its ok for daughters to insult their parents a little bit

I'm not even gonna watch that scene. I am not even going to go there. Seriously. Mentally deleting this chapter from my life. It is that frustrating. Her overbearing nature is understood. Her self imposing nature is under stood. The way she buts into everyone's business is humor. Her taking law and justice into her own hands is understood. But her bratiness and sheer disrespect for anyone, even elders in the name of getting things done her own way. That's insulting. No matter if it get results or not. 

Edited by AraBearxx - 26 December 2014 at 7:12am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

swanidrishtimauryagravity23pomegranateanjs

-Ara- IF-Sizzlerz
-Ara-
-Ara-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by appuss

AWESOME POST!!!!
ishita is wrong in bringing shagun home, making a mockery of her marriage in society and insulting her parents for shagun
raman is wrong for not getting another house for his ex-son duo and praising ishita when she is doing nonsense deeds which cater to his selfish love for his son. 

irrespective of whether raman love ishita or not, a proper man will not allow his ex who cheated on him, slept with another man and put him through hell for 6 long years to step in his house... not even for his son.

Where were the bhallas when their "ghar ka chirag" was staying in a freaking hostel for years... was he not uncomfortable then.

I want to see whom toshi will choose if she has to... adi or ruhi. She believes only male child is heir.

I hope we get a relief from "mahaan ishita + majbhoor raman" atleast by the end of this track

Why can't Shagun go to her maternal home? Why can't she go back to her mother's or her brothers? Two houses to choose from, the joy.  

Where were the Bhalla's when their GKC was living with his mother while she lived with her boyfriend. Wasn't he scarred then? Why the heck is Aditya even remotely shocked to see IshRa together? Why doesn't he let his father live with his legally wedded wife while he let his mother live with her boyfriend. And mind you, Shagun and Ashok wouldnt be chaste. 

Even the forced physical proximity comes off as sickening now. Ugh.  Trust them to kill shows in the name of TRP. 

appussgravity23anjs

anjs IF-Sizzlerz
anjs
anjs

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by appuss

AWESOME POST!!!!

@ red : exactly, apparently she was sleeping with Ashok, while being married to Raman..that sort off thing can never be forgiven

also their reasoning that Adi cant stay without Shagun, when all his childhood (when a kid actually needs his mother) he was in a hostel, alone...

swanidrishtimauryaappuss

Spero Senior Member
Spero
Spero

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Dear AraBearxx,

I totally agree with you. I don't like negativity and I stay away from posts where there's bashing. I respect yours views for they reflect mine.

I have a major issue with this track because it's just wrong. A woman gets married to a man so that they'll spend their lives together, build a family together. 2 families are joined together through this relationship. Respect, trust, friendship, compassion, tolerance are all necessary ingredients to make a marriage work, and love blossoms through these feelings.

Up to a point, I can understand that all is being done for a child. But I can't justify any of the actions which have been taken in the name of the said child.

-     No sane modern woman would accept a woman like Shagun in their house. I have no respect for that character. By letting her stay in the house, Ishita's rights are being trampled upon.
-     Ishita as a character does not make sense. Such a woman does not exist in real life. I have utmost respect for compassionate people, but in this show, compassion equals stupidity. Women like Shagun will always destroy. It's in their nature. Ishita took her from that kachra', brought her to her home and bed, looked after her. But instead of feeling grateful, Shagun being so full of hatred and thinking that everyone is as evil as her, decides that she will take Ishita's place.
-     Raman. My favourite character. His silence is disturbing me. I know that he loves Ishita but letting Shagun stay in the same house is wrong. Shagun and Adi could have stayed in another apartment in the same building. Raman is a CEO for god's sake!!! When did money become an issue?
-     Adi. This is supposed to be his redemption track, but this track is being shown at the expense of a woman's right. I understand the need for TRP and drama but not like this.
-     I almost wish that Ishita had brought Subbu home. But then most people would argue that Ishita does not have a child with Subbu! Anything's acceptable in the name of a child!
-     Will Ruhi's character be sidelined in this track? I don't understand the relationship she shares with her brother as this relationship has not been explored on the show nor correctly portrayed till date.

Till now, audience has forgiven CVs for all their blunders due to their love for Ishra. But these tracks are making me uncomfortable now. I feel as if I'm encouraging injustice by supporting this show. Not all women are empowered, not all women have the courage to fight for their rights. By letting Shagun manipulate Ishita through her goodness, we are giving a wrong message to all those women who are in tough situations and cannot voice out their pain. It's high time that women stand together and give courage to each other.

I'm sorry if anyone feels like I'm preaching. I love Ishra as much as u guys, but I simply cannot accept this track which feels so wrong to me. There were better ways to show Adi's redemption and his reintegration in the Bhalla household.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

swaniun786drishtimauryarinallWhenInRomeappussgravity23--Megha--pomegranateanjs

gravity23 IF-Dazzler
gravity23
gravity23

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 9:11am | IP Logged
I ABSOLUTELY agree with the views you've put forth Ara...

My FIRST grouse is - Are there SUCH women in the world, ANYWHERE? Since YHM was started as a "unique, contemporary" show with a MODERN take on relationships. A divorced man CAN hope to find unconditional love and happiness for himself, and most importantly, his adorable young daughter. Just as much, a socially ostracized infertile woman (using the word, only to explain in this context) CAN look forward to lasting happiness and unconditional acceptance without a constant harping on what makes her a WOMAN, in the truest sense of the word...the ability to conceive a child.

Since it started off on that premise, and since throughout the last 12 months the CVs were hell-bent on showing HOW IshRa had come sooo far in their marriage...without the interference of the omnipresent, nagging ex-wife, it is a DISGRACE and an utter DISAPPOINTMENT that the EX-WIFE should be brought back AGAIN into the limelight..just for the sake of TRPs..

While the CVs had us in each time IshRa came close..subtly..or overtly (with the BG Yeh Hai Mohabbatein score)...they managed to ruin the essence of what hooked us to this "unique" show by portraying such DISTURBING relationships.

NO WOMAN on this planet, no matter HOW much her husband loves her and worships her, or how much she trusts him CAN SO EASILY and casually LET her archrival stay in the house...under the same roof as her husband!

NO REAL WOMAN can be so forgiving of her husband's bitchy ex, his maniacal criminal son and their endless baggage that keeps interrupting her happiness. She hugs Shagun, asks her to sleep in THEIR bedroom, asks her to stay back till "ADI feels normal"...How unreal is this?? Is this what women in this country are expected to do and bear to earn "unconditional acceptance" in their Sasuraal...or is this a distorted version of a "better human being" the CVs want us to understand and emulate? If it is EITHER, then its pathetic...and totally unacceptable..

Yesterday I had a heated discussion with someone who'd posted on my thread, that, if TV channels are SO eager to portray something unique - then why not SHOW a real ballsy woman with GUTS, self-respect, determination, SELFISHNESS and the ABILITY to love herself first? In which scripture has it been mentioned women are to first lay down everything they possess, to earn the love of their husbands and in-laws?

Sheer regressive crap this is. 

Had Ishita felt possessive, jealous, insecure, suspicious, ANYthing...I would've cheered her on...rooted for her...coz it was and is the most natural thing to feel in this scenario.

The MAN can get his EX, but thE WIFE cant. The MAN can have shit loads of baggage, but he WIFE cant. This runs along the lines of "Men have to marry pure, virgin girls".YUCK!

From how I see it...NOBODY in the Bhalla House gives two hoots about Ishita's happiness, her valid insecurities, the dangers, the risks that IshRa's relationship might face...nothng...and Ishita herself is to be blamed for this, coz she JUST DOESNT KNOW WHERE TO TOE THE LINE.

Regarding the disparity in the treatment between ADI and RUHI...YES...I mentioned it a couple of times in my last posts...No one FUSSES over RUHi as mch as they FUSS over this mental case...

Ruhi is to behave prim and proper...not demand too much...be understanding...suffer in silence...while ADI gets his way EVERY time...act like a spoilt brat...be fussed over...pampered silly...

I hate to say this, but is this because RAMAN is more attached to ADI, coz he is a SON? That first-born thing I understand...but this BLATANT DISPARITY in treating two kids of the same person...I DONT UNDERSTAND OR ACCEPT.

Shagun is a vile, wretched EVIlL woman..and YET...The Bhallas make THOUSANDS of concessions for her...excuses...lame ones...

is this ONLY because she is ADI's mther? Unfortunately? Yes.

BUT then that is where the WHOLE point of YHM is defeated. 

Coz Ishita and Shagun aren't being treated equally...at par...coz the comparatives are different...Ishita CANNOT bear a child..and so, SHAGUN is given preference over Miss-Goody-Two-Shoes.

So WHERE THEN, IS THE ORIGINAL PREMISE OF YHM? It boils down to the fact...that UNLESS  a woman has or can have a child of her own, she wont be perceived respectfully and as an entity by her in-laws...isnt it?

And that, is where i DISAGREE WITH THIS HYPOCRISY SHIT.

Its an UNFAIR bargain. Raman gets what he started out to get...unconditional love and acceptance for himself and Ruhi..and now EVEN ADI..

but What is Ishita getting out of this bargain? NOTHING. Coz she can never be a biological mother. And hence, talks of unconditional love etc etc in YHM is now B.S.

Irrespective of how idiotic and mahaan Ishita might act...WHY aren't her in-laws, HER HUSBAND standing up for her??? They stood up for her when ADI tried to frame Ishita..then why not now??

And to end it all..If Ishita is ballsy enough to go meet molesters and have chit-chats with them..then am damn well sure she could have mustered enough steam and told her husband and in-laws categorically that the vamp cannot stay in the house...she has no RIGHT to...

But she didnt...and so therein occurs the EPIC FAIL of the female lead...

Edited by gravity23 - 26 December 2014 at 9:18am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

swaniSperoWhenInRomeappussDivianTanz_Divz

Go to top